Its Good 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Its So-So 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Its Kind of Lame 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ugh! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm trying to get some feedback on all the changes that have been made to suboxforum.com. Please vote so I can get an idea if everyone likes it or not

Leave some comments as well if you have a chance

Post subject: Very nice!
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:21 pm 
I think the layout of this webpage is great! Nice job. The "non-suboxone" catergories are a nice addition. I know very little about building a webpage, but a mobile version would be awesome! I'm assuming that's not something you just throw together. Anyway...keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just tried to vote 'ugh' and my laptop exploded-- what the heck is going on here?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Phew! I was worried that it was 'too much' I don't want to offend anyone. Lots of late nights tinkering around trying to find the right things to make it as fun as possible. I'm working on a 'quick reply' box that I may or may not add in, have to think about that.

If you think of any more features you'd like to see, please leave a comment and perhaps it could be added.

Doc, Set your avatar to this. its at http://suboxforum.com/images/junig.png

Also, like the youtube thingy? Pretty cool eh?

Post subject: Re: Very nice!
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OxyPatrick wrote:
I think the layout of this webpage is great! Nice job. The "non-suboxone" catergories are a nice addition. I know very little about building a webpage, but a mobile version would be awesome! I'm assuming that's not something you just throw together. Anyway...keep up the good work!

OxyPatrick,

I think I may be able to help you. I saw something regarding mobile versions so I'll check into that for ya. Thats a pretty good idea actually.

Post subject: You got it doc
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Dr. Junig,

Now when you post a message there is an 'uploadpic' link that allows users to upload pictures :) I wonder if they will ever use it! I'll test it with a picture of what my migraine headaches look like:

Hey.. it works! Enjoy yet another somewhat useful feature. Oh, and once every 3 months, I see that in both eyes for an hour, called an 'aura'. I'm sure you know what that is. A free hallucination without the pesky psychosis.

Post subject: Re: Very nice!
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jadmin wrote:
OxyPatrick wrote:

OxyPatrick,

I think I may be able to help you. I saw something regarding mobile versions so I'll check into that for ya. Thats a pretty good idea actually.

Guess what? Its done! Sort of (let me know if you like it!!!)

http://suboxforum.com/mobile

Now you have no excuse that you cannot read the forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:26 pm 
Wow...That was fast! I tested it out on my Iphone...worked great. Yep, now there's NO excuse not to read the forum! Good job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OxyPatrick wrote:
Wow...That was fast! I tested it out on my Iphone...worked great. Yep, now there's NO excuse not to read the forum! Good job!

Well hey, it was actually pretty easy to add that one to my suprise.. The upload picture thing was more of a pain in the a$$. So it worked pretty well? I'm glad to hear that. Unfortunately you cannot post as far as I could tell. There is a different mobile module that could be integrated if that is something you desire. I couldn't imaging banging out a post on an iPhone, but maybe on my blackberry.

If you can think of anything don't hesitate to tell me. Maybe more RSS feeds? Anything to get this place cooking. Its amazing that opiophile.org has 1000's of members, and this isn't bustling with activity. I'd like to have this the 'go to' place for Suboxone information, because Doc would agree that there is a LOT of misinformation regarding bupe on the web and its easy to get very misguided. So, thats one of my goals..

Second is to help the doc get his message out that addiction is a disease, because I truely believe this is true. It seems strange to think that, but if you think about endorphins, it makes more sense because opiates are part of the nervous system anyway.

and if you get time, post. Post anything you find interesting.. post articles, post things about what they say on other forums, anything. The more information and posts we have the better.

jadmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dig the icons and new categories. As an aside I've always thought the sword imprint was so cool on Suboxone, I mean seriously who wouldn't want to take medication with swords on it! One word, badass! :lol: -Note to self when you start a pharmacuetical company of your own make sure to put little weapon symbols on all medication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Matt2 wrote:
Dig the icons and new categories. As an aside I've always thought the sword imprint was so cool on Suboxone, I mean seriously who wouldn't want to take medication with swords on it! One word, badass! :lol: -Note to self when you start a pharmacuetical company of your own make sure to put little weapon symbols on all medication.

What would be more badass would be the jolly roger:

It might scare a few people though. Yeah, I always wondered about the sword.. Instead, they should have scored it 15 times to make it easier to taper!

Thanks for the feedback though, because I wasn't sure about the forum icons but I liked them. If you have any other ideas just let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oooh! pirate flag even better Arrrghhh!!!

Was just chatting with my dad and he told me that someone's kid close to our family recently died from a "Suboxone overdose"..... I made the point of inquiring whether or not he'd mixed benzos or alcohol with the Suboxone and sure enough he had, to make matters even worse while he had at times been opiate dependant in the past it seems as though he'd been off opiates for awhile and managed to get the Suboxone through diversion so he essentially had no opiate tolerance built up plus mixed benzos. I certainly feel terrible for the kid's family as I'm all to familiar with what it's like to lose someone close. It's frustrating though when people try and villanize Suboxone when literally all of the O.D.'s I've heard of have involved sedatives and were usually opiate naive people. I really hope there isn't a huge anti-Suboxone storm backlash a-brewing and wish people would hear more about all the success that many of us on it have had and learn about how safe Bupe is if used correctly because of the ceiling effect. Sorry for rambling and I realize this topic isn't completely in line with the response to the new forum format just felt compelled to share. Maybe one day the general public with realize why abstintence based recovery programs usually fail to help so many of us, and see that the few who die from diverted meds do not outweigh the thousands of lives saved :?

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:56 am 
New Poster
New Poster

This reply is really just to make a post. Thanks.