Yes, daily and vigorously. 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Yes, often. 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
Sometimes 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
No, because I am injured. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, because I am lazy 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Poll: Do You Exercise?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:15 pm 
I'm not 100% sure where this belongs, but I decided on this section of the forum because I personally believe that exercise is one of the most important things you can do to achieve good mental and physical health.

So, here is a poll!

Just as a side note, I intended the "No, injured" response to pertain to severe injury and being close to immobile. Even people who are injured can take a slow walk every evening, and I consider that exercise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have always excercised since a young age.I was pretty cut before I had my son in 2000.I was 118lbs (5ft 4").After him I continued to excercise the same and was 128.Pretty ideal.In 2003 had my daughter and thats when I fell apart.LOL.After pregnancy was 132.Still OK,not great but OK.Still continued to workout at the gym but not so often and after addiction took hold 2005 I would miss months at a time,esp while recovering from withdrawal.I wasted ALOT of days being totally sedentary and sleeping on couch.Fast forward to 8-11,got on sub at 142 lbs,waited for the motivation to kick in...never did.Last month I thought I had carpal tunnel,severe swelling and pain in thumbs.Prob's with joints.Switched to Subutex 1 mo ago,didnt help.Progressed to my whole body,mainly at night when I lay down.I go numb and get pins and needles.Talk to Sub Dr,never had high blood pressure ever and now I do and a wicked high cholesterol particle count.Got on scale at drs and was 150lbs!!!!! Needless to say that has hit me like a ton of bricks and being told I have poor circulation at 40.Ive been watching my diet and hitting gym everyday.I am not blaming Sub in anyway.Its wierd my symptoms came on after I started the med and gained all this weight.The food part is my fault,craving and eating tons of carbs and sugar.I hope I can dump off 20 lbs in a reasonable amount if time,lower my BP and cholesterol.Im also lowering my sub from 16 to 12mg,I want to maintain at a lower dose,like 8.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ironic wrote:
I'm not 100% sure where this belongs, but I decided on this section of the forum because I personally believe that exercise is one of the most important things you can do to achieve good mental and physical health.

So, here is a poll!

Just as a side note, I intended the "No, injured" response to pertain to severe injury and being close to immobile. Even people who are injured can take a slow walk every evening, and I consider that exercise.

You my friend are right even people with injuries can work out!

I have 2 serious injuries I still work out every day and push myself as far as I could go without hurting myself or tweaking my injuries in any form. I do a lot of rubber band exercises, very light weights and focus mainly on my cardio which is hard with a bum knee but very light jogs and riding the bike aren’t too bad. But again I was a athlete all my life even during the early stages of my addiction I was still playing Baseball. So working out comes natural to me if I don’t do my exercises in the morning I feel like I let myself down and it also give you this natural high. Like Ironic mentioned for myself it just helps my mental health so much I feel good about myself and I didn’t feel that for a very long long time during active use and even while I was on suboxone for the first couple years I was not working out. So to finally be able to do so again is great, and now that I am on methadone and get good pain management I could push myself a lil harder but than again I don’t dose till after I work out.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:31 pm 
There was a fifth option "No, because I am lazy." What happened to it?

It somehow disappeared. No matter, I will re-add.

EDIT: I cannot re-add the fifth option because it has been more than 120 minutes since I created the post. Did a moderator delete it? Why? They left no way to vote "no" in this poll.

Also, it leads to a bigger question from me. Is there censorship on this forum? Will a moderator delete something I post not due to swearing/discrimination/etc. but simply because they don't like what I said? Is this what happened? If this is the case, please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

definitely, i love to lift weights. In my late teens early 20' i used to always get the joke that i looked like i just did a 10 year bid in the pen. I fell off tho, after i had a motorcycle accident i stopped for a few years and ended up over weight from pain then just being lazy then opiates and such thrown in that mix. Im now back into lifting even tho being a fat ass is discouraging im looking forward to getting back in shape and feeling better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:30 pm 
I believe that my 5th poll option was deleted by a moderator, but perhaps I am wrong and I did something wrong while creating the poll.

Can a moderator please add a fifth option for people who don't exercise because they don't want to? Obviously not everyone exercises.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your 5th option was not deleted and to answer your question no mods do not delete things because they do not like people. Furthermore I have no dislike for anyone here, I may disagree with people but to accuse us of holding personal vendettas against people is untrue. I am going to guess that after typing in your 5th option you did not hit the add option button again. This happened to me once, I did not realize I had to hit it again for it to accept the option.

Next time you have an issue or are going to falsely accuse moderators of being vendictive get all the facts. This was your error and a simple pm would have cleared this up instead of you publicly posting untrue and unfair accusations. Untrue personal attacks will not be tolerated on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thatguy i just wanted to say i know how you feel i had the samething happen to me down to a tee. I worked out all my life since i was nine or ten graduated high scool weighing around 185. At the very end of my addiction when i was told i was going to die if i continued using bc my organs and body were shutting down i weighed 291. That was the lowest point of my life that i ever felt after seeing the scale. I havd strech marks that made me look pregnant thank god a cream made them mostly go away. But over time once i cleaned up i began to loose some weight but as soon as i started cardio i lost all that weight and i now weigh 194. So it can be done just keep at it man u will be back in shape in no time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Before opiates, I was always pretty slim. But once opiates entered the picture, I started to gain some weight. I didn't blow up like a balloon, but I was certainly carrying more weight than I should. I found that exercising while on opiates destroyed the buzz, so I cut that exercising shit out right quick!! That buzz was much more important to me.

Anyway, I've been completely opiate free for almost a year and half now, BUT I was still suffering from a lack of energy/motivation. For some reason (I really don't even remember why??), I started doing some light weight lifting here about two months ago. Around 4 weeks ago I started really getting after it and pushing myself to the absolute limit during my lifting and Holy Smokes folks, you get some kind of natural high after the 3rd or 4th set and I love it. The natural high isn't anything like any other kind of high I've ever had, but it sure beats feeling like snot all the time. I noticed pretty quickly, once I started pushing my lifting pretty hard, that I had energy all day long.....I actually feel like doing stuff now. Believe me, that's a weird feeling for me, to want to go out and actually do stuff, but it's a GREAT feeling!!

Part of me thinks that my brain is still not producing my "natural opiates" properly and the huge kick in the ass I give it everyday by working out so hard is just what it needs to open up the flood gates and let those feel good chemicals fly!! The other part of me honestly wonders if I haven't been like this (lack of motivation) most of my adult life, but then again, I've been on drugs my entire adult life.

I know this much, I clearly remember as a child that we were outside playing ALL the time. Winter or summer, it didn't matter, we were outside playing and loving life. So, at one point in my life, when I was a child, I was normal. Yeah, I just shocked the crap out of all of you didn't I......I really was pretty normal once upon a time!!! LOL!!

IMO, if you can do it, get out and exercise. It made a WORLD of difference in my recovery.

WARNING: Before going out and pushing yourself to the limit, get those muscles in shape first!!! I made the mistake of pushing one of my routines too hard too soon and it hurt. It hurt BAD!! Take a good week or two getting those muscles back in shape first, then you can slowly start pushing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:24 pm 
Thank you to whichever mod added back option #5!

Breezy_Ann wrote:
Your 5th option was not deleted and to answer your question no mods do not delete things because they do not like people. Furthermore I have no dislike for anyone here, I may disagree with people but to accuse us of holding personal vendettas against people is untrue. I am going to guess that after typing in your 5th option you did not hit the add option button again. This happened to me once, I did not realize I had to hit it again for it to accept the option.

Next time you have an issue or are going to falsely accuse moderators of being vendictive get all the facts. This was your error and a simple pm would have cleared this up instead of you publicly posting untrue and unfair accusations. Untrue personal attacks will not be tolerated on this forum.

[From my last post] I believe that my 5th poll option was deleted by a moderator, [b] but perhaps I am wrong and I did something wrong while creating the poll. [b]

You are a moderator, so if I had made an "untrue personal attack" on you, you could probably ban me..but I didn't, so you would be hard-pressed to find one anywhere in this thread.

I did ask if censorship occurred here, and you said no. There, asked & answered. I also never even said that anyone would censor me because they didn't like me. I asked if it was policy on this forum for people to be censored if a moderator didn't like something they said. It was just a question. Many forums do it. I was hoping this isn't one of them, and I am glad that it isn't.

"Publicly posting untrue and unfair accusations" is quite a hyperbolic statement, don't you think? Again, if this were true, I could probably be banned, but it just isn't the case.

**I have NEVER come after you or typed/spoken a personal attack against you. I have NEVER said anything like "You are a bitch" or anything mean like that, and I never would. There is a difference between me calmly asking you to provide a source for some of your opinions, because you SOMETIMES present them as fact, and I disagree with them. When I post that I disagree with you on something, I always have the respect to provide a source for my opinion.

So stop coming after me.