It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

If we scheduled meetings weekly or more often, would you participate?
Definitely! 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
Probably 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Probably not 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi all,

Some people have asked about meetings lately. Last year member(s) of this forum made a large effort to set up regular meetings, but it just didn't take - people simply didn't show up to participate.

Before we start the process again to get regular meetings going, we would like to get some feedback from our members.
How many of you are interested in regularly scheduled meetings here in the chat room? Do you have any ideas pertaining to meetings? What are you looking for with regard to online meetings? Would you come to regularly scheduled meetings?

Please vote in the poll and post your thoughts.

Thanks everyone!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think that would be great and I would definitely be interested. I have gone to SMART online meetings and in person NA meetings. The difference is, very few can relate to the sub. part of my recovery. You can't even mention it at NA (learned that the hard way by the way, lol). Just a suggestion from me for all that's worth, is I think it would help if a certain topic would be discussed. At the SMART online meetings I went to there was some confusing cross talk and off topic subjects coming up. I'm sure that's not the case every time (I'm sure a lot depends on who's participating) and I haven't been to enough to judge accurately, but I think it would have helped to have at least a main topic for the discussion and then maybe an open discussion nearer the end. Let me know if something can be worked out. I think it's a great idea!

*Christopher Robin to Pooh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would do it if it was at a time when I could participate. Great idea ;-)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Meetings
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hat - I definitely would be interested in on line meetings. My biggest problem being, I'm Mr. Mom for the time being. My wife works late hours but is looking for another job. I'm usually free late in the evening around 9 or 10. My wife does have a few early nights where she is home around 6ish but then the kids come into play. So, my biggest issue would be the time. If the meetings were around 9 or 10, I would have no problems meeting regularly and would do it. This forum helps me so much it's unbelievable. If I'm having a tough time during the day, I simply come to the forum and read posts. My head always begins to clean for some reason just as if I was at a meeting....I just can't explain it.

Now for what I would like to see in the on line meetings...I'm not familiar at all with on-line meetings so it's really hard to say. The poll already shows several people interested which is enough, right? Maybe we can all meet one evening and discuss what possibly could be discussed. Maybe a scheduled topic for the specific nights. One being maybe just too simply talk about what's going on presently in someone's life. Meaning troubles or just wonderful. Let me know.. SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm really glad we're getting such positive results about having meetings. I will probably start meetings out at once per week, at about 9 pm (EDT). I'm not sure of the day right now.

There will be some kind of notification of when meetings will take place and reminders, too. Keep on the look-out for the first meeting!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.