It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

How is your Suboxone medication paid for?
Have Insurance: Paid in full (copay < $20) 10%  10%  [ 38 ]
Have Insurance: Paid some (copay $20-$200) 18%  18%  [ 64 ]
Have Insurance: Doesn't cover Suboxone 13%  13%  [ 46 ]
State Coverage: Paid in full (Copay < $20) 4%  4%  [ 16 ]
State Coverage: Paid some (copay $20-$200) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
State Coverage: Doesn't cover Suboxone 2%  2%  [ 8 ]
No Insurance: Parents (or relative) pay all or most 5%  5%  [ 19 ]
No Insurance: Patient's Assistance Program 3%  3%  [ 10 ]
No Insurance: I pay cash myself 40%  40%  [ 146 ]
Someone with a script for Suboxone shares with me 5%  5%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 365
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just paid only 150$ at Target for 60 8mg generic Subutex, compared to paying almost 400 dollars a month for the Subxone Film/Tablets. I'm even paying less then what I was on insurance which only would cover half of my Suboxone script.

Be sure when you go to target to ask for the Target Savings Card or whatever it's called which makes can save you a lot of money on generic medication.

Post subject: Uninsured Help!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

rxcardsfree{dot}com

My husband and I both have been paying out of pocket for suboxone every 2 weeks for a year now. We paid $300 for the first visit and $75 every two weeks after just for the doctors visits (on top of that now we are getting letters saying we owe almost $3,000 each for testing that isn't covered in what we pay the doctor so now we are going to have that on our credit too). On top of that the prescription is $123 every two weeks each before the suboxone $45 dollar discount. Which brings it evenly to around $85 every two weeks.

I spent all night last night online looking at all the pharmacy help cards, and cheap prescription coverage insurance that might help and I found this card. I honestly didn't ever take the links people posted for these cards seriously because every time I would try one it wasn't a very good discount and it wasn't able to be combined with the $45 discount card so it wasn't a big help.

Looking around I got through 30 pages on the google search before I got to this card and looked up how much it would cost, at first I was getting the same $123 but on the 3rd page of pharmacies I see $7.50 for a box of Suboxone 2mg 0.5mg Film (30 count). I go no way this can't be right. I go to the next page and there is another pharmacy this time a Walgreens that says $8.50. I go ok lets go try this. I called the smaller pharmacies that it said they were $7.50 at but they didn't have any and would have to order it but we needed it today so I go well its a dollar and really I'm still saving a ton so I went to Walgreens and just said I had new insurance and they put it in, and go ok your total is going to be $8.50. I had printed out the price quote and everything incase I had to say something but I didn't it just went through. So seriously get this card free and check how much you can save on price quote page : myrxprice{dot}com :: I promise I am not making it up and I honestly hated having to go to the doctor every two weeks and us spending our entire pay checks. So please try this and let me know if it helps you out at all. I am in New York if it makes any difference, although since it's a Walgreens I am sure it will be the same everywhere they have them.

Post subject: Re: Uninsured Help!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

ashleelauren wrote:
rxcardsfree{dot}com

My husband and I both have been paying out of pocket for suboxone every 2 weeks for a year now. We paid $300 for the first visit and $75 every two weeks after just for the doctors visits (on top of that now we are getting letters saying we owe almost $3,000 each for testing that isn't covered in what we pay the doctor so now we are going to have that on our credit too). On top of that the prescription is $123 every two weeks each before the suboxone $45 dollar discount. Which brings it evenly to around $85 every two weeks.

I spent all night last night online looking at all the pharmacy help cards, and cheap prescription coverage insurance that might help and I found this card. I honestly didn't ever take the links people posted for these cards seriously because every time I would try one it wasn't a very good discount and it wasn't able to be combined with the $45 discount card so it wasn't a big help.

Looking around I got through 30 pages on the google search before I got to this card and looked up how much it would cost, at first I was getting the same $123 but on the 3rd page of pharmacies I see $7.50 for a box of Suboxone 2mg 0.5mg Film (30 count). I go no way this can't be right. I go to the next page and there is another pharmacy this time a Walgreens that says $8.50. I go ok lets go try this. I called the smaller pharmacies that it said they were $7.50 at but they didn't have any and would have to order it but we needed it today so I go well its a dollar and really I'm still saving a ton so I went to Walgreens and just said I had new insurance and they put it in, and go ok your total is going to be $8.50. I had printed out the price quote and everything incase I had to say something but I didn't it just went through. So seriously get this card free and check how much you can save on price quote page : myrxprice{dot}com :: I promise I am not making it up and I honestly hated having to go to the doctor every two weeks and us spending our entire pay checks. So please try this and let me know if it helps you out at all. I am in New York if it makes any difference, although since it's a Walgreens I am sure it will be the same everywhere they have them.

You're totally not a spammer or anything, either.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: Uninsured Help!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:25 am 
New Poster
New Poster

mayunholdup wrote:

You're totally not a spammer or anything, either.

Actually I am not a spammer, I have spent literally thousands of dollars between my husband and myself. I was simply trying to help someone out, seriously check it out if the price isn't better for you, then I'll remove my post.

I honestly just wanted to help some people out, in all honesty this saved us today as we were both out of suboxone and we didn't have the cash to pay for either of our prescriptions until next week since we both have pay day on the same week. I spent an entire night looking at every single card online and checking the prices until I finally found something that worked (after I had almost just paid for a $20 dollar a month prescription coverage plan for each of us). That plan would have been cheaper than us both paying $170 a month total for our prescriptions but now it's going to cost us each only $15 so I was just trying to help other people out because there are 100's of posts online everywhere with people asking for help with their prescription payments, and at least for us our doctor already had 3 patients in the assistance program so we weren't able to apply for that either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:43 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

[font=Verdana]To answer the original question, I voted for "paid by insurance,
co-pay less than $20"- (my co-pay is $8.00);
however, I did not read the whole poll in time ,
so my insurance is actually state-based;
but I am only covered until the last week of November of this year;
after that, I am not sure whether I'll have to pay out-of-pocket or not.
If I do have to pay out-of-pocket, it will be $150 for thirty 2mg.
Suboxones.[/font]