It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

How long do you plan to stay on Suboxone?
As short as possible-- a few weeks at most. 17%  17%  [ 88 ]
About 6 months. 10%  10%  [ 51 ]
One-two years. 20%  20%  [ 101 ]
Five years or more. 13%  13%  [ 67 ]
For the rest of my life-- unless something better comes along. 32%  32%  [ 167 ]
I leave it totally up to my doctor, and he doesn't say! 6%  6%  [ 33 ]
I take it a few days, stop a few days, then take it again. 2%  2%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 516
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:21 pm 
Fogmussher wrote:
I don't think most doctors even realize the strength and implications of Suboxone. They are just told they now have help for addicts and fling it out there. I was one who definitly needed it but in some of the groups I attended there were people that were on Sub that had not graduated to Oxycontin. I just wonder if they went on into the frying pan so to speak by starting the Sub. I don't mean to down play the discomfort of withdrawl from percocet 10 for a year of two but I don't think that is actually life threatening as 6 80mg oxycontin a day for a couple of years would be.
Not to stir things up but percocet and oxycontin are the same thing OXYCODONE. And to be honest 6 80mg oxys a day is not life threatening as opiate withdrawal is not life threatening unless you have some pre existing condition that it exacerbates and frankly 6 80's is not even considered high level opiate addiction it is in the medium range if you ask me so dont downplay someone else (you said you werent but you kind of were anyway) My tolerance and addiction level was well above your huge amount of 6 80s a day :roll: and you dont see me saying you dont need suboxone. :wink: Im not trying to start a pissing contest but I dont like when someone tries to act if they are more entitled to treatment than others. Ive said myself that people with small level vicodin addictions and such shouldnt start suboxone but I meant it in the way that they should try to kick on their own first and if they absolutely cant then get on suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The quantities of drugs used as an addict are completely irrelevant. If you're an addict and can't stop using, that's all that matters. In short, I agree with you, SuboxOWNED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

junkie and suboxowned, you are absolutely correct. I hate it when people say that their addiction is more/worse than anyone else's based on the amount of opiates they were taking. That's ridiculous -addiction is a very personal thing and you know whether you are or are not an addict, you don't need anyone to tell you. If it's based on numbers, then please provide the amount that must be used of each opiate before someone is an addict. You cannot quantify it because it is completely subjective.

I know myself: I was homeless, worked as a prostitute (I'm male), had a heart attack, and stayed in mental wards and jails while I was actively using. Suboxone stopped all of that in it's tracks. I'd be crazy to go off of it.

I will be on Suboxone the rest of my life. Luckily my doctor agrees.

creel

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Once I get back on it I have no intentions of coming off.I don't trust myself or my addiction.I chose the rest of my life if possible.

Post subject: length on subox
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:38 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I got on Suboxone to get off fentanyl (morphine) I had a $600 a week habit, I figured I would only be on the suboxone for a couple years, the clinic I went to told me the only way I could get Suboxone prescribed to me was if I saw a counselor weekly for an hour, which was a huge inconvenience, so I stopped going to the sessions and they kicked me out of the program....a month later I was having terrible cravings so I went to a pain doctor and told him im an addict, he wrote me a prescription for suboxone the next month and that was it...why did the first clinic lie to me and tell me I HAD to see a therapist every week for them to prescribe it to me, they also told me it was a federal regulation, which is untrue because I went right to the pain doctor and he just wrote me a script with no weekly counseling, can anybody let me know whats up??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:47 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Fogmussher wrote:
suboxdoc wrote:
I would like to get a sense of peoples' attitudes about the use of Suboxone; do you plan to use it for a short period of time, or for the rest of your life, or somewhere in between?
My doctor seems to think I will be on it the rest of my life but I keep thinking I will be able to get off it. I have been on it just over a year now.

If you are taking Suboxone for 2 years then stop taking it all the sudden, will your addiction come back as strong as it was 2 years earlier??

Post subject: Butrans patch
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I was just prescribed the Butrans patch 10 mcg/week, but the pharmacy had to order them, I know it is quite new to the market, does this make u feel better or work better then the suboxone pills?? let me know your thoughts