It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Politics and shit
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sooo... a democrat walks into a bar right ...

And demands everyone pay for his beer!

Nahh honestly I'm not even American. I wouldn't know the difference between Barack Obama and Osama bin Layinlow.

But I am really interested in who you guys think's going to win the election. As one of those aliens from a country that's not America ... I'm really interested in the foreign policy implications of the election. US elections can be game changing / history making events on a global scale... And after experiencing Bush-era foreign policy, the international community is watching this with some trepidation.

I don't want this to turn into a political brawl which is why I just wanna know who you think's gunna win. Or some kinda insider information I can sell to my local newspapers :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi TeeJay...like there isn't enough crap to read without reading a political thread too??
LOLOL!!!
I love it! I think that Mitt Romney is going to win this election. You said that's all you want
to know, unless I can give you some good dirt...which I cant. LOL
I am NOT saying that that's who I WANT to win, nor did I say that that's who I am voting
for. I just said that that's who I think is going to win.

Have a great Tuesday and if you're American....GO VOTE!!!!!![/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think the guy who wins the electoral college is gonna be president!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think the whole

"electorial votes" thing is bullshit,,,,,,,,,,

Ive read alot about the 2000 election, and the person didnt win that had the most
"votes"
I mean, actual one person filling out a lil box votes.
So,
honestly I think that the system works in whatever way "they" want it to,,,,,,,,

and your "vote" for president, doesnt even really count. UNLESS your an entire STATE........

the local stuff, that's a bit different.........

it should be one person=one vote
I know it'd take alot longer, to figure out who the winner is, but It'd be alot more fair.

JUST my TWO CENTS!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I promised myself if any political stuff came up in the forum I wouldn't bite... But, since Amber touched upon it...I think the person who will win is the the person the REAL powers that be want to win. That would be the Fed, the big banks, big corporate interests, wall street & the like. That would imply that Romney would win, being the multi-millionaire, big business investment guy. But Obama has been quite compliant with what the big banks want the last 4 years, so they just might keep him. It's sick. I feel the little guy is totally disenfranchised from the system.
And while I'm at it, I'm afraid for our kids' generation. People are dropping out of the middle class like flies (I just heard 1 in 3 new home builds are now mobile homes). Unemployment is much higher than officially reported and inflation is about to go through the roof (on account of all the bailout money they've been printing).
I know someone will jump in now with something wildly partisan, but at this point, it doesn't matter much to us little people which party we favor. We know the real powers that be will continue to privatize the profits and socialize the losses. So we lose no matter what.

Signing off to go vote,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm pretty sure Obama will win. I just don't think Romney has the pull to win the swing states that he needs for 270 or more electoral votes. I'm just hoping it is not as tight as some people are claiming although I don't believe that to be true. I just don't want to deal with weeks of re-counts and all that drama.

Has anyone seen the poll by BBC World regarding who the rest of the world would like to see win? After traveling abroad a lot, I find it interesting to hear what non-americans have to say. I'm with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lillyval-

You are totally right. Our "system" is so incredibly deep rooted and set in it's ways, there will never be enough change in certain aspects no matter who is president. Anyone attempting such a major overhaul would never make it that far anyway, not only that but I do not believe one person even knows how to fix what's broken. It's not just the president, it's congress.. the financial institutions, etc.. All you have to do is follow the money.

I am tired of hearing about all this "fixing the economy" crap though. It's a world economy and everyone is suffering right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

amber4.14.11 wrote:
I think the whole

"electorial votes" thing is bullshit,,,,,,,,,,

Ive read alot about the 2000 election, and the person didnt win that had the most
"votes"
I mean, actual one person filling out a lil box votes.
So,
honestly I think that the system works in whatever way "they" want it to,,,,,,,,

and your "vote" for president, doesnt even really count. UNLESS your an entire STATE........

the local stuff, that's a bit different.........

it should be one person=one vote
I know it'd take alot longer, to figure out who the winner is, but It'd be alot more fair.

JUST my TWO CENTS!!!!!!!

I missed this the first time around. The system is confusing for many because it's an indirect electoral process rather than a one man/ one vote system. The short of it is that we aren't a true democracy, we are a republic. The president does not actually represent the people but s/he represents the united states. The governor, senators & reps of each state represents the people of that state.

The are + & - for each scenario. If we switch to a Popular vote, we'd have to change the constitution which is to say the least an uphill battle. Even then, it would come down to California, New York, Texas & Florida as the deciding factors.

Post subject: No, no, no,
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:29 pm 

The TV ads have gotten so bad I miss the Kaplan College ads. I just can't wait until it is over..but my fear is it will be a repeat of the Gore/Bush/Florida fiasco. We may not know for weeks TJ.

Since the beginning of last year I've said time and time again that Bronco Bama would be re-elected due to his popularity. Now I just don't know and cannot answer the question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Can you be the president of USA AND KENYA at the same time???

Strange strange world.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a bit relieved with the result. The last thing the world needs are some bombs dropped on Iran.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lilly,,,
You are totally right......

i think the american dream is dead and gone.

nowadays, if you have a JOB, your doing pretty FU&$&#G good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a two year degree, and Im a licensed contractor.....when I was working for myself, I was making
anywhere from $250 to $400 a day, after taxes, insurance and my employee.

now I make 13.50 an hour, and work 50 hours a week just to pay the damn bills.
my husband works his tail off as well,,,,,
we dont qualify for anything, as far as assistance,
and we do pay about 7% in federal tax at the end of the year, about 6% state tax. (13% total)

It's absolutely RIDICULOUS
that SOME people like MR. Romney for example,,, pay only 13% tax on what they make,, ALL off interest and divedends!!!!!
Not to mention ONCE your making MILLIONS, you can AFFORD to pay more dude!!!!!!!

people say, oh but he DONATED whatever million to charity,,,,,
OH YEA???
why do you THINK he did that? MORE TAX BREAKS, that's why!!!

i just think it's bullshit that "we working people" who according to mr. romney pay "hardly any taxes and expect to live off the gov't"
its complete craziness!!!!!

I'd like to see Mr. Romney,
make ends "meet" at MY house, for ONE MONTH

he'd put a loaded gun in his mouth and pull the trigger..................................................................

I read recently,,,,,,,

that of all the money in AMERICA......... 82% of it belongs to the top 15% money makers......
and the "rest of us"
that means OVER two-thirds of americans, are FIGHTING over 18% of ALL THE MONEY

they could pay more,,,
theres just no reason to,,, with things like subsidies, and write offs, and Im no lawyer, whatever the rest of that shit's called.

im worried for the next generation as well......
Im making damn sure my kid will know how to hunt, fish , garden and install solar panels by the time he's in his teens.

thats how I sleep at night.........

(rant over)

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Does this sum up the general theme of the thread?

(PS I'm not having a dig at the States... this applies equally to where I'm from especially right now... where our choice is between an unelected leader and a complete douchebag)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Vote for the douchebag, at least you know what you're getting that way!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I saw a funny quote recently saying "do I vote for the turd sandwhich or the douchbag?"

Yup, "obey" is definitely a world theme. I am curious to see what Obama does now sans the stress of winning a second term hanging over his head. We have some bigger thinking senators in the house now and I'm hopeful things will progress for the better, in some ways at least. We shall see. The economy is something that has to heal organically. The talk about creating jobs was bullshit on both sides. It took many years to get here and it will take a while to climb out. There have always been peaks and valleys in our economy since the beginning. It sucks.. My husband and I combined are in a higher taxed bracket and we see 33-35% of our check gone each week. We could easily incorporate and write off a ton of crap so we pay very little taxes (like most do) but we just haven't done it.

Post subject: So Many Lies
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The first time Obama really made me believe he would do the things he said he would do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They were all lies,,,,,,,,,,,,and then he came out and lied over and over again. And we fell for it................we are experiencing what we addicts know as Ground Hog Day................Nothing has changed............we will still see and feel the results...........That's it ..it's over so now we live,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the best we can

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:57 am 

tinydancer wrote:
I saw a funny quote recently saying "do I vote for the turd sandwhich or the douchbag?"

That was from a funny Southpark episode. The old Southpark mascot was "the Cows", but PETA came to town and demanded that the mascot name be changed. So the two potential new mascots were a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich and the kids had to vote between them. The moral of the story was summed up by an old guy in town who had seen many elections:

“It's always between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Nearly every election since the beginning of time has been between some douche and some turd. They're the only people who suck up enough to make it that far in politics.”

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
“It's always between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Nearly every election since the beginning of time has been between some douche and some turd. They're the only people who suck up enough to make it that far in politics.”

Amy

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:26 pm 

A RDIF Implaint Chip, yep, mandatory for all of us by March 23, 2012.

I heard about this about 2 years or so ago, and the thought of this in more than concerning to me, and this is not a practical joke!

The following link will give one's interested in learning more about what is due for us to have in the very near future now that he got another 4 years!

link w/ video:

2012patriot.wordpress.com/2012/03/...rfid-chip-in-obamacare/

I think that many people will try and avoid having the chip implainted, and the fact that it will even contain all of our health and bank info on the ship, I believe it is the most evasive, invasion of our privacy I have ever heard of![/quote]

It may not be a practical joke, but it's also not true. I think you need to get your news from more than one extremely partisan news source. Here is the link from snopes.com calling the rumor false:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/microchip.asp

Factcheck.org also addresses the microchip rumor:

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/04/more-m ... alth-care/

This source is very specific about where the rumor originated and quotes from HR 3200, “America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009" which never even became law:

http://www.examiner.com/article/does-ob ... microchips

Also, please Google "fact check Obama microchip. The only sources of this rumor appear to be from right-wing bloggers.

I don't like everything about President Obama, and there are plenty of legitimate criticisms you can make about him, but he's not trying to implant us with microchips.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Obama might be bad .. but thank GOOOODDDNESSS Romney wasn't elected. Holy shit I was getting scared there.

Post subject: The Who
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm 

"Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss"

Why is it that we always have to choose the lesser of two evils?