It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:04 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Okay I'm starting to sort of freak out. Going to try and write this as short as I can but still describe my whole situation. 7yr addict last 3 on suboxone. Started at 6mg and by the 2nd year I was between 1.50mg to 1mg up and down. Then the past 6-7weeks I started lowering dosage every 4 to 7 days I would try taking .25 mg less sometimes only .10mg. Anyways when I got down to half of .25mg which is .125mg. I took nothing every other day for only six days. Then I planned to try and go every 2 days but when I did the 2nd day I actually felt ZERO withdrawals. So figured I'd wait to take next dose when I start withdrawing well nothing happened. Which is unreal for me because the past 6 weeks I kept going in minor wds at the 30 hr mark and I'd fight it until it got to uncomfortable then I'd dose. We'll my last dose was May 28th 2014. At this very moment I'm at ("FIVE" days clean) 5 days. This is amazing for myself. I've takin at least 1 pill every single day the past 7 years and now I'm sort of freaking out like what's going on when r the wds gonna kick in? Now I've been takin basic vitamins and Kratom only once a day in the mornings to get me going. Planned to use kratom for only the 1st 2weeks of wds but now I'm starting to think don't need it. Kratom helps to spark up the same mu receptors. But it's not an opioid and btw I'm using Bali kratom the weakest there is. My question is am I 1 of the lucky ones to escape subs with ZERO WDS? Or is it a matter of needing more time? Or is this kratom gonna screw me, as soon as I stop takin it? Plz help with any input

Now if I get thru this w/zero wd's my next question would b WHY The hell ain't people talking more about this plant. If it can help ur recovery?!? Especially the lethargic issues. I know it can become addicting and people can wd from it but to take it here and there till u get thru wds makes scents to me. I've had enough will power to taper off suboxone. Ill b damn sure not to trade 1 addiction to another. Just sayin, I wanna put it out there.
Plz leave me a comment, Whether good or bad. Thx u for reading and look forward to hopefully getting some honest responses.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi family. I never even heard of kratom until I came on this forum. Have a search on here for it. There are plenty of people that have opinions. Good luck anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Even though Kratom isn't considered an opiate, it is hitting those mu receptors, as you said. The sooner you quit Kratom, the better off you'll be. You're basically taking "opiate lite" while taking Kratom.

The other reason you're not experiencing much wd is because you did a hell of a taper!! Pat yourself on the back, then kick yourself in the ass for taking Kratom!! lol

Really, your taper was great. Getting down to those low doses then skipping days.....awesome. You probably could have done your jump without any Kratom at all.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:52 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

yea im with romeo great job, I think I would leave the kratom alone. you tapered low so anything left should be very minor if at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good job on that taper! I could never get lower than 1 mg a couple days and went back to 2 mgs but finally just jumped off at 2 mgs. 5.5 days in and staying strong!!!!!!!! Cant wait till I hit the 2 week mark, then 1 month mark.

How are you doing now?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:31 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm actually alright wds wise. I stopped the kratom and gotta say I think it was helping me mentally. I was just taking enough to help me move but not get high off of it. IMO, if people can keep that stuff in check. I'd absolute Recommand kratom for a couple of days.
I think I had my breakthrough yesterday I was ballin like a little girl all day yesterday. I had to put my DOG down of 14 gr8 years. It's been really rough for me. He was helping me get thru this, the past 6-8weeks. U no chillin w/me thru the wds, walking, etc. Got a feeling that he helped me heal before he left. I'm vowing to myself to never ever do an opioid again.

Congrats on ur sobriety also. U jumped off pretty high. How are you feeling today? Hope it's better than u expected. Plz keep me posted buddy. As corney as this may sound I'm feeling high off of life as this very moment. Very empowering feeling to not have to stick a pill n 1's mouth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh mate. That nearly got me bawling like a little girl. The fact that you had to have your best friend put to sleep while going through this shit, and you're still in the mindset to stay clean, makes you my Fuckin hero man. I mean that. You my friend WILL do this. I know it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:15 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

got you on the dog thing too. had to put mind down during the mist of this shit. not right on but I was tapering. feel kind of bad still cause like you said I could have walked and ran with her. Life will always throw up hurdles, its how we hurdle that is going to make us. great work and sorry for you loss. you may be one of the lucky ones and have no w/d. thumbs crossed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

1st thx u subuser13 & dirty blond for writing me. It really helps me tremendously to talk to people that's been thru this.
If I may this is a description of how my last day with my dog "Drama" went. He was 14 years old mixed w/ chow/ pit/ and lab. Wish I could upload a picture of him he was a beautiful dog. So I'm Only writing this to vent and hopefully will be therapeutic for me because I can't get this out of my mind.
PLZ read

So I feed him 2 filet steaks, mac & cheese and a whole slab of bacon he ate it all, except a little Mac was left. He had nice full belly! Then we went to the beach took a lot of videos and photos. Then went home laid on the couch like pals together on our couch watching TV held my boy close! I called around for a veterinarian days before to do it at my house I paid a little less than $600 for the vet to come to my house and do it peacefully at home on his couch! As we Layed together. Seriously.
I lost my mind so bad that the vet went outside for a while crying herself, this is the saddest thing I've ever been through and I'm telling y'all I've been through a lot! ALOT! He was like my 1st son.
Truly Mans bestfriend

Now this is what is haunting me more than anything. They fucked up!!! They told me over the phone days before that they would sedate him and I'd get to say goodbye for a few min then give him THE SHOT - we'll they didn't instead they gave him THE SHOT (gone n 5seconds) no sedation I didn't get to say goodbye no kisses nothing this is going to haunt me for years. On top of all that I then had to bury him under a nice blooming tree in front of my house. Hole was already ready. Bought a big ass toolbox pillowed it up and had to bury him by myself. I had to take a lot of whiskey to get thru all that. It just sucks! I try and think of the positives. I got 14 gr8 years with this dog. He'd ride shotty with me almost everywhere. He was irreplaceable ill never buy another dog in my life. He was truly1 of a kind!!!
Any1 want to c what he looked like. U can see us on twitter. Under "bostonloyality" just sayin. Sorry for venting. Hoping this helps me. Sorry if to detailed.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to tell my to boys 5 & 2 where he went. They were also very attached. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Mate ive typed a sentence 3 times and deleted it each time. I just dont know what to say. Stay strong.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:24 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I also read your post yesterday, and was brought to tears....wanted to post something, but just could not find words. So sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can relate to your pain and I am so sorry. I am a huge animal lover and got into rescue work years back. Over that time, I have made a decent life for some very oddball animals that most would say "just kill them, nasty creatures". Most arent common to own as pets, some are down right dicks, but with every one, I earned their trust over a very long period of time and diligence and have some battle scars and bite marks to go with it.

my 2 constant companions are my dogs I rescued off the streets. One, named Ryka, I spent 3 nights at a rest stop trying to lure into my car with bacon. Discovered she loves bacon. Honoring your dogs memory with a clean life is the way to go. I have lost some dogs over the years and its never easy but does ease with time.

sorry again for your loss.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know what you mean. My dog is my first son!!!! In fact we call our dogs our human sons hairy brothers!! I know you feel like you didnt get to say goodbye, but look at the morning you gave him on the day. Gave him food that some humans could only dream about!! Had fun at the beach together. Sat on the sofa giving him a big squeeze. Some people dont get that luxury if it is a sudden death. I know it doesnt feel like it but mate, you said goodbye to your dog throughout the whole morning. Take care.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:01 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Ive never posted anything before, this is probably going to end up on my facebook page with an accidental pic of me coming out of the shower. I am 5 days clean today, 3 yr sub user 8 yr heroine addict. My dog had been with me for 15 yrs. I hate myself for being consumed abusing subs during the last few months of his life. I will never get that time back. I would go thru the worst wd imaginable to spend one day with him right now. It was his death that made me stop the sub. Maybe I wanted to hurt to punish myself but his face in my head keeps me sober and in honor of him I will fight to not be the way I was. Ive used your stories to keep me co. im alone, nobody knows. I hope you know that what you write is a life line to many people like me. Thank you