It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: plugging zubsolv
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

does it burn? since it's menthol, I figured it would. I cannot for the life of me do the sublingual administration correctly.

I even try doing the ethanol solution (with grain alcohol) and that doesnt work, I only feel 1/4 relief, I've tried snorting and that doesn't work.

I've read so many of these topics on here and tried everything. I still feel shitty and have the chills and other w/d symtoms constantly(just not full blown). I figured I would try plugging it but I'm afraid to since it has menthol in it.

has anyone tried it yet? does it work? are there any suggestions to why sublingual(with ethanol solution)/intranasal/buccal administration doesn't work for me? or methods to keep saliva from building up?

it would be much appreciated.
thank you.

Post subject: Re: plugging zubsolv
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'd assume it won't burn any more than coating your Hershey highway with preparation H. If you're determined to try it, I'd say try 1/2 first, and see if it feels like you're shitting a fireball. To be technical, I think the bungholio area has mucous membranes, but I can't say how sensitive they might be.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:01 pm 

Due to mouth sores that pop up occasionally I put the Sub in my upper teeth gum line. Less saliva and it melts very slowly. Will your insurance not pay for the film? I can only state my experience with the films, not Subsolv.

Reading what you want to do makes me wince. Can you not just tell your doctor what's happening?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

thank you for responding. yes my insurance won't pay for suboxone anymore. I've been on bupe for 7 years now. I've heard that the effect of bupe does not decrease as the years go by, but it seems that it has.

I've asked every doctor that I've ever had but it seems like I'm more erudite on suboxone than they are. they just know the basics.

I just figured I'd ask on here since it seems that the patient knows more & would share some knowledge on the subject.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:24 pm 

Hey Chillin,

Please don't be offended but I deleted the other post you left in a very old thread about plugging. You didn't receive any decent answers from it but you have with this one. We don't need two posts asking the same thing. This one will suffice.

The only way to answer to your question is to do it. Sorry, not me. Give it a try and see what happens. You can always use Preparation H or a decent bidet to rid yourself of it if it causes discomfort.

Not one of my favorite subjects. But good luck anyway.

r

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

not offended @ all. I'm kinda new to this site(posting on it atleast) & i sent that before I knew how to start my own thread.

the plugging thing was just a little of my concern. I just needed some suggestions to why this shit doesn't really work for me anymore. I know it's not mental 'cause I still get chills & feel shitty. thank you for your advice though, you're right.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Doesn't burn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

yuck yuck yuck...

doesn't sound like something you would want to do every morning! Just to diagnose things.... if the problem is that you are not getting a high-enough blood level, I would expect your symptoms to vary over time== to go away for 12 hours after dosing for example, and then get worse and worse until the next dose. Does that happen? If not, I'd wonder if something else is going on.

So you didn't have this problem with the film? The best way to increase absorption beyond 'plugging' would be to hold the tablet against the inside of your cheek with your tongue, and let it dissolve there. It will get absorbed by the tongue and cheek, and keeping it out of the saliva will increase absorption (Bunavail doubles absorption in that way).

Have you ever had problems from taking menthol? I wonder if you are reacting to that-- instead of getting too little buprenorphine. If you take extra Zubsolv, do the symptoms go away? Again, if not, then absorption is not likely the problem.