It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: PLSS HELP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HELLO ALL!! IM NEW TO THIS FORUM... ILL MAKE THIS BRIEF AS POSSIBLE.. I WAS IN A MAJOR CAR ACCIDENT OVER 3 YEARS AGO AND WAS PRESCRIBED VICODEN ES FOR BACK PROBLEMS.. IT WASNT DOING ANYTHING FOR ME AND I WAS IN SOOO MUCH PAIN I TRIED TAKING 2 OR 3 AT A TIME AND I FELT A LOT BETTER AS WELL AS I LEARNED ABOUT HOW MUCH IT MADE ME FEEL SO GREAT...
ANYWAYS LONG STORY SHORT 3 YEARS LATER I WAS TAKING ANYWHERE FROM 20-30 NORCOS A DAY JUST TO FEEL NORMAL.... I TRIED TO QUIT SOO MANY TIMES BUT FAILED... SI I ENDED UP GOING TO THE DOC TO GET HELP AND WAS PUT ON SUBOXONE 1 MONTH AGO..
I READ A BIT ABOUT IT BEFORE MY INDUCTION PHASE AND HE TRIED TO GET ME TO TAKE 8MG AT A TIME BUT I TOLD HIM I REALLY DIDN'T WANT THAT MUCH BUT HE TOLD ME HES THE DOC HE KNOWS WHATS BEST FOR ME... WELL WHEN HE OPENED THE FILM STRIP IT WAS BROKEN IN LIKE A 6 MG PIECE AND 2MG PIECE SO HE GAVE ME THE 6 MG PIECE AND SAID SEE HOW I FEEL IN 45 MIN. SO I DID AND I FELT GREAT AND TOLD HIM I DID NOT WANT MORE OR NEED MORE..
SO ANYWAYS ITS 1 MONTH EXACTLY TODAY BEEN CLEAN ON SUBOXONE, BUT CANT GET MY DOSAGE RIGHT I GUESS BECAUSE I STARTED AT 6MG ONCE A DAY AND AFTER THE FIRST WEEK STARTED TO GET SIDE EFFECTS LIKE WAKING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NITE FEELING WITHDRAWLS AND IN THE MORNING AS WELL UNTILL I TOOK MY SUBOXONE AND THEN STARTED TO FEEL CRAPY AGAIN ABOUT 6 HRS LATER AGAIN.. SO MY DOC TOLD ME TO TRY 3 MG MORNING 3 MG AFTERNOON AND THOUGFHT IT WORKED BUT SOON AFTER BY EVENING STARTED FEELING CRAPY AGAIN... AM I TAKING ENOUGH OR TOO MUCH. ERRRRR PLS HELP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi mes999" and welcome to the Forum". i believe your doc is right. you may be going through
W/D . you may need to have your suboxone dose changed. at my induction ' i needed 24mg
to keep me out of W/D. ( MODERATORS) Members and posters will also be here to help you out.
and again welcome to the Forum! Johnboy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know you dont want to hear this but i dont think you are taking enoigh wha so ever. A month in you should not still have wds problems like this. Your dose is suppose to hold you over till your next dose but you should not be getting that sick in bewteen doses.

The only other thing i can think off would be instead off taking 3mgd twice a day, try taking 2mgs three times a day.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi - I agree with the others and your doctor. You need a higher dose. You should not be having withdrawals between doses. If I were you I'd get a hold of that doctor and tell him you'll let him raise your dose. And I would make an appointment ASAP to do that. Why suffer more than you need to? And try not to compare your dosage to that of others - you need what YOU need. Good luck and I hope you find the right dose for YOU soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i thank you guys soooo much. i have an appt tomrw for my monthly... i will talk about it with him and again thkss. good to have advice from peeps actually on this stuff.... im just trying to stay as low as possible so its easier to get off when he tells me too.. i h a t e withdrawlsss.... def gonna need ur guys help when in deed its timeee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If I take any less than 12 I feel like i go into withdrawal.I had that same problem in the beginning when I was on 8 mg.You are dipping below the ceiling and need enough to keep you above the ceiling.You may need to double your dose to 12.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Also youre better off dosing in the morning.On the higher dose you will be fine all day.

Post subject: Dosing !!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:21 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Try to dose 1 time a day, in other words have your Dr. help you find the proper dosage .... When I was tapering I started the 2 times a day thing, It became a BIG pain in the ass, and it was so difficult to go back to dosing 1 time a day .. Good Luck to you, Mike ( still on 1mg a day )

Post subject: JMO
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

IMHO,....just do it right. 30- 40 norcos is a chit ton of hydrocodone and APAP. i don't know how you norco abuseres have a liver? Just be normal and take 16mg a day.....that should do ya;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I also wanted to let you know that when tapering off sub people find that dropping doses doesn't really affect them until they get to 4mg and below. So if your only motivation to keep your dose so low is to make for an easier taper, raising it won't really affect it.

The reason being is that above 4mg sub's opiate effects do not increase much, if at all. This is the reason the med works and taking more and more will not get you high. So don't suffer now to avoid something that will likely not be a problem later. Good luck at your appointment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

went to the doc visit and explained to him what was goin on and he raised my dose to 12mgs a day. said to try 6mg am and 6mg pm but after acouple of days if still feelin sick try 4mg am afternoon 4mg night 4mg......tired of feelin sick... u think i should do 12mg thats double my dose now.... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MES999 wrote:
went to the doc visit and explained to him what was goin on and he raised my dose to 12mgs a day. said to try 6mg am and 6mg pm but after acouple of days if still feelin sick try 4mg am afternoon 4mg night 4mg......tired of feelin sick... u think i should do 12mg thats double my dose now.... :shock:

at this point what u should do is try 8mg if that doesnt work try 10mgs and if that does not work only than do 12. But give each increasse time a couple days or so bc this is no miracle drug like some claim you got to give your body time to adjust it wont happen over night. And dont worry about your taper and dose right noe you need to get stable before you should even worry about tapering from a high dose. Btw 12mg is not a crazy high of dose so you dont worry about that either. I was on 32 to 16 at my lowest. And tapperd right off of the subs to start methadone with very lil problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thanks bboy gona try 8mg and see how that goes for a couple of days then do as u suggested if not........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

also bboy would u do 8mg once a day or spread it out maybe twice or 3 times to equal the 8mg?? when i was on 6mg if i took it once a day by 3pm i felt sick....even tried 3mf mornin 3mg afternoon but still felt sick by nitetime and morning sick till i dossed again....
thanksss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Personally, I think you need to bump it up higher than 8 mg, but that's just my personal opinion. Twice daily dosing in the beginning isn't that unusual, but unless you're specifically taking it for pain there's really no reason to dose three times per day. Suboxone has a long half life, on average 37 hours, so once daily should be sufficient, if the dose is comfortably above the ceiling. Another reason for this is to get us out of the old habit of taking a pill whenever we "feel" like we need...something - like we did in active addiction. That's part of our recovery - changing old habits.

When you raise your dose you should feel better right away, because that sub will hit those receptors pretty quickly. It won't take as long to feel the difference in a dose INCREASE as it does with a dose DECREASE. Now with that said, you'll still need time to stabilize on the exact right dose for you. In other words, 10 or 12 mg might be more appropriate for you than 6 mg, and you'll likely feel much better, but you might still need to tweak your dose a bit more based on cravings, etc. I hope I'm explaining myself well.

Let us know how you feel when you take a larger dose.

Post subject: Re: PLSS HELP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MES999 wrote:
HE TOLD ME HES THE DOC HE KNOWS WHATS BEST FOR ME...

You should listen to your doc. You likely wouldn't be in this situation if you went with his suggestions. He also knows you a lot better than any of us here. Your doctor has likely treated many people, and has seen loads of people come in with varying levels of dependence. He knows what kind of Sub doses are required for different "habits". So take his advice. If he suggests doubling your dose, then it'd be a much smarter to do it than to come here and bounce it off a bunch of people who don't know you.

And most people here actually agree with him. Taking the advice of a solitary stranger online over your doctor is just insane. It's just self-medication requiring validation.

When we first see a new doc, it's often hard as they haven't earned our trust. But this is the point when we need to hand over our care the most, as it's often when we are the most sick and lack the most insight. It takes a bit of faith, but in the long run it saves a lot of anguish. How many years I coulda saved if I didn't think I knew better than my own doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

dont know y im still feeling sick shouldnt the vicodin be out of my system by 1 month? is it not the suboxone im now adicted thats making me feel sick inbetween doses?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your brain doesn't know the difference between opiates - they are all the same to it. If you're still getting sick in between doses then you still need a higher dose. I would get a hold of your doctor and tell him what's happening. What dose did you take today and how did you take it (how many doses and how did you split it up, if you did?)? It will give us a better idea of where you're at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thankgod for u guys... today is a weird day cause tuesdays is the weirdest day of the week for me cause i work weird hrs thsn the rest of the week. i took 8mgs at 2:00 am before work i was fine but exhausted so i got home and slept at around 1pm. woke up now(5:30pm) i feel ok not like i felt this morning which was fine.... everyother day i work i work a reg 8am-5pm shift.. so i guess it did last with a higher dose long.. i guess id be able to know on a reg day better...sorry know this sounds weirdd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

but hatmaker but after 1 month y am i still getting sick between doses anyways the vics gotta be out of my system and if i didnt take sub id be better by now no sickness... just dont get it..pls dont flame me??