It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Please please help!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[size=24]I took 100mg of methadone sat. Morning then took 16mg of suboxone Sunday night thought I would be good nope I
Got verry sick bad!!!! Now it's Monday and I took a quarter of a strip at 6 this morning and got sick again!!! It's 4pm and my chills are still bad and stomach is very bad and pale I have my little girl need to function !!! Please help!!! When should I try again??? And how much??[size=18
] [/size][/size]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jason,

Man, I'm sorry you're having it so rough. Unfortunately, I'm not that well versed in Methadone to Suboxone inductions. I know a lot of times they're pretty rough and I'm also fairly sure that Dr. Junig has recommended that once you take the Suboxone, to keep taking it.

I'm really hesitant to kinda insist you keep taking Suboxone because I'm just not positive about what you should do. I know we have other members here who are much more familiar with what you're going through and I hope they drop by soon.

Hang in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[b]I hope I can find some help soon!! dont know to take another quater strip in a few hours or will it make the D/T's worse again?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Jason,

Sorry you are feeling so awful. I never had this problem but have read alot. Dr Junig and others recomend to just keep taking sub every hour or two until you feel better. Like maybe 2mg an hour. I know this sounds scary but its what doctors are saying. I guess the bupe will knock the methadone off the receptors and the bupe will attach.

I guess I would try it if I was in your position. Or you could just wait until you are 36 hours off methadone and try again.

I hope you feel better soon. I wish I knew a link where Dr Junig talks about this. Im kinda going from memory. So someone correct me if Im wrong about the 2mg hour thing....I will try to find the link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Its been 50hrs since I last took methadone!! so I' ll try to take 2mg of suboxone again and see if it make me worse!! just don't need to get worse my little girl is here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

ok jason,

I just read something by dr junig that people in your situation should just stay with the induction process. Like take 8 or 16mg once a day until they feel better. So shit....I dont know what to tell ya. I havent had to personally deal with this....I hope someone who knows will answer you!

I dont want to make this worse by trying to help. But at this point if i were in your shoes i would take 2mg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Jason,
I also started suboxone after being on methadone for more than a year. When I first started suboxone, i had been on 40 mgs of methadone. I took my last dose of methadone on a Thursday morning and didn't start my suboxone until Monday morning - so i went a good three days with nothing (and was in moderate withdrawals at the time I took my first dose of sub). I'm not sure if you've been on methadone for a long period of time, but I'm sure you know about methadone's long half life and the fact that it stacks up in your system. Therefore, you can go a good little while without taking methadone before you start to feel withdrawals.
I'm sure the reason you felt so terrible after taking your first dose of suboxone is because you still had too much methadone in your system. I'm sorry you had to go through that and I'm sure its been rough. At this point, since you've already started the suboxone, I would do what the others have suggested and continue to take very small amounts (2mgs or less) to see if it helps. I would think that things might start to get better from here. Just try to takes things slow for now.
Also, you might not start to feel 100% on subs for a week or so. You'll definitely start to feel better, but I remember feeling a little "off" (and pretty sweaty - i know, gross) for the first week while my body adjusted. But once i got used to my dose and stablized a bit, everything was good. It will all get better for you, I promise. Just hang in there... transitioning from methadone to suboxone can be a bitch... just know that everything will get better in time. Good luck to you and let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to help the best I can.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just know took 2 more milligrams its been 53hrs since my last methadone dose only took two 100mg doses before that 60mg of morpine. so didnt take done long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Before you switch from methadone to Sub, it's advised you have your levels of methadone really really low. The reason people are supposed to be on 30mg or less before switching is because it takes methadone so darn long to reduce outta your body. It's got a half life nearly as long as buprenorphine. So if you take 100mg, you'll need to wait 3x as long before you switch. Maybe if you waited 2-3 days things would have been smoother.

It sounds like you're not doing this under the guidance of a doctor, so I'm a bit apprehensive to help if anything because Dr. J might be liable for any bad advice. All I will say is that eventually, your dose of Suboxone will no longer make you feel ill. And if you haven't been taking methadone long, it should take too long before that happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Up Date I just took 2mg more about 20mins ago and it put me right back into cold chills and hot flashes???? don't know what to do but ride it out and don't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi jason,,,,,,
yes, methadone to suboxone, is ROUGH,,,,,,,
and it will be for a week or two.

I did it, and I was used to taking about 100mg a day,( or more, 150)
I went down to about 40, two days before induction, and I STILL felt what you describe, cold sweats, hot flashes, restless legs at nightime, for a week.
hang in there, it WILL get better. every day will get a LITTLE better.
I promise!!!!
Just stick with it, like you say, "ride it out"
and you will feel better!!!

Ibprofen helps a little, muscle relaxers help a little, lots of blankets and hot showers help a little.

Wish I had the 'magic cure' but I just dont.
its been almost 18 months for me(onsub/off methadone),,,,, and I remember those first two weeks PRETTY DANG WELL
even a few months into sub treatment, Id say two or three times a week, Id just be soaked in sweat all of a sudden.
I wouldnt feel too bad, but it was like I was still 'sweating it out' or something?

hope this helps.......
if you have any more questions, just ask :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[b] Fuck this I feel like I am going to die Back to the methadone in the morning!!! I only took about 12mgs over 24hrs and it has about killed me or made think it! I am going back to the done? wonder if I will be able to feel 150mg of done at lunch in the morning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It might make you feel worse..............

and you probably would have gotten more relief, taking more suboxone. I took 24mg the first day, or 12 hours, and the second day I took 32mg.

so, its up to you. are you gonna try to go back to the suboxone,,, later??? or just stay on the methadone???

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I went from methadone to suboxone and my sub dr waited 3 weeks after I stopped the methadone, he gave me morphine to take for those 3 weeks which helped, he did this because of the long half life methadone has. I have heard of people being inducted after 3 or 4 days off methadone and not having probs, my dr felt it was better to be safe then sorry so we did the morphine for 3 weeks then 2 days after my last morphine I started subs and felt better immediately

Post subject: Try This
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jason,

It sounds like the methadone was still attached to your opioid receptors (as it has a relatively long half-life). When you took the less-effective suboxone, it knocked the 'done off your receptors and replaced it with buprenorphine. This sudden change from a stronger opioid to a less effective one (I say less effective because bupe is very potent but activates your mu and delta receptors much less than methadone or other full agonsits). You could try two things: Either take more suboxone until you have fully saturated your receptors OR wait about a day and a half and then take an 8mg stip (or tablet) of suboxone. It sounds like you already tried taking more suboxone, but it didn't work...so, you are definitely experiencing precipitated withdrawal. Therefore, I recommend that you wait about 36 hours, then take some suboxone. The precipitated withdrawal cannot physically harm you, they just FEEL like they will kill you. Hang in there long enough for the symptoms to die down a little. Eventually, you will get used to the suboxone and the withdrawal with start to subside (I know, sounds crazy, but bupe is weird stuff). By this time tomorrow, you should try taking about 8mg of bupe. I would not take any less than that because if you can handle 100 mg of methadone, then it will take about 8mg of bupe to occupy your receptors. Good luck and keep us posted!

PS!!!!-If you are not used to taking suboxone -for any reason- then be careful because you could be naloxone sensitive! Some people take suboxone for the first time ever and go into horrible withdrawals because they are over-sensitive to naloxone. Still others, have bad reactions to buprenorphine. So, if you are new to suboxone, be careful! If not, then disregard this notice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:56 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

You are having percipated withdrawal. It happens when you mix other opiates with subooxone. Go to Induction and read precipitated Withdraw/Relapsing after dosing. Dr. Junig explains what is happening to you. Good luck, I hope you are able, and should really go to a doc so you are given the right dose.

Read this site and find out how to do it right. It is all here. Worth it.