It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm not sure what topic this should fall under but since it's related to my long side effect issue of intense bowel trouble on Subs I'll post here. So as many of you know I've been batteling severe gastro issues while on subs.. My dose is 2-3 mg... One would think I'd get used to it but 2 plus years later and I'm worse.. Taking intense amounts of laxatives sick all day etc.. I really needed a break from the laxatives and a good clean out (sorry tmi) so I decided I would stop the subs for a week and use the left over hydro I had.. Well yes my bowels are functioning better but now I've trapped myself. I havnt slept in three days even with 60 mg hydro.. It scares me that I'll never be able to taper myself off subs if this much hydro is barely working.. It's mainly at night.. Literally drenched, crying, the worse stiffness like I jump up and cramp up. I was thinking to just wd from here on but I think I need to go back on subs before I jump out a window. My body is ultra sensitive I think but I'm manic from no sleep.
If I didn't have this ongoing gastro issue on subs I wouldn't have a problem. I feel defeated! My depression is helped w subs too but my constant constipation and stomach pain is debilitating.
Sorry I'm rambling. I'm 4 days now off subs but taking hydro so I'm not sure what to do. I'm not looking to get high at all I just am trying to function since I have kids and it's holiday etc .. Thank you all.. Btw I refilled my subs since I'm thinking I will have to just continue on it. I just can't believe my stomach has not adjusted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:45 pm 

csinny,

You're going about it all wrong. Everything related to Suboxone/Buprenorphine needs to be done in small and long lasting planning. Suddenly stopping is the worst thing you can do. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.

My suggestion is for you to get off the hydro and back onto the Suboxone. It's fairly simple to do. Just take the normal dose (or whatever dose) you take of the hydro the night before and the next day at noon start the Suboxone again. Except, this time take what makes you feel best. 1-2 mg's should suffice. Start low and work up every 45 minutes until you know what is right. Then taper nice and slow over the next several months. Maybe even a year of tapering is better for you, IDK. Or maybe you need to stay on it for a while. Think about that one.

The constipation normally takes care of itself after the body acclimates to the Bupe. You probably just haven't given it time. But I do a little extra. Use a fiber substitute like a generic Metamucil. Buy the teaspoon dose product and then put in 2-3 heaping tablespoons in a large glass of water or juice and follow it with the same amount of plain water. The extra water is very important. I do that once a day but you can do it 2 or even 3 times until your body gets used to the fiber. Believe me, it will work. It may take several days where you feel bloated but it will all work out in the end. :wink:

Just stop being so impulsive. You can do it all by going very slowly. No worries mate.

rule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you rule.. I'm over 2 years on subs and bowels never acclimated (I always had issues but the subs made it 1000x worse).. You're right I'm very impulsive and like typical addict want a quick fix, quick way out. I just can't believe how bad the WD are even with all this hydro. It just scares me.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:50 pm 

Csinny rule is right, u stopping the suboxone and going to hydro isn't the solution for u. I'm not sure exactly what is the solution at this point, but stopping it & taking hydro seems like a recipe for disaster. Have u talked with ur Dr about this? If u haven't then u definitely should, he/she could probably help u figure this out and u never know, there could be other issues that's causing u to have such a hard time and sub is just irritating the issue.

I've always struggled with this issue too, I'm sure not near as bad as u but I deal with it too. I'm fairly sure that my problem is medical and sub just makes it worse but I have no insurance so I just haven't seen a Dr about it. I've even been to the er a couple of times in pure misery...so I know it's an awful feeling. After all these years I finally figured out that my magic helper was lot's and lot's of applesauce lol, sounds silly but as long as I eat it everyday I'm good, if I skip it or forget then I pay the price. Now I know that's probably not gonna work for u like it does me but my point is that there is something out there that will work, u just have to try everything u can think of and finally something will help. Don't give up and if I were u I wouldn't stop the suboxone. And if u do want to stop then taper off slowly like rule suggested.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you.. I'm going back on subs tomorrow.. The Dr knows my issue and like you said I have an underlying gastro issue that makes the subs side effect worse. I felt I needed a couple days without laxatives but in the meantime I'm dying from the insomnia and WD so obviously I'll be back on the lax. My mental state is not good. Pills definitely do not give me the same effect as before.. I know I still have subs in me but I am barely keeping WD away w 60 mg and I feel shaky and depressed. I have to remember that slow and steady is better like Rule said. I'm just frightened I'm so mentally weak to ever detox off of subs alone.. At this rate I feel ill be at 3mg forever batteling my stomach.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi csinny,
It sounds like you were feeling desperate enough to see if you could find just some relief from your chronic GI problems. Have you had tests that point to a diagnosis? Do you consume a good share of unprocessed foods?
I have chronic Gi symptoms too. Mostly daily pain,usually while lying down/ sleeping. I am also prone to bloating. It's uncomfortable and exacerbated when I eat processed foods but I never go a day without a motion. I feel for anyone who isn't regular.
I hope your transition back to subs is smooth and I hope you are ok!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Katipo that is exactly right!! I'm desperate for some relief with my stomach.. I can't go without laxatives and I'm so sick from it. With that being said I went back on subs this morning.. I can't handle the WD symptoms. I did go to the bathroom but it is like a sick feeling. Like I said I have pelvic floor dysfunction which makes it difficult to begin with. If it wasn't for that Subs would be great but I'm so desperate to have even one day without a bloated nauseated stomach. The Dr's can't really help since they said the Subs are slowing down the GI track. It's like I'm stuck in a corner. Slow and steady what Rule said is resonating with me.. I'm the opposite my anxiety gets high and I get impulsive and desperate.

I honestly mean this .. If I didn't have this board and the non judgemental feedback I get from here over the years, I'd be lost!!! Truly !!! Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:26 pm 

Your struggle with this is so unfair, csinny! I wish there was something we could do or suggest that would help you! Until then, you're always welcome to vent here and we'll keep you supported.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:36 pm 

Hi Csinny, yes,I am with Amy! We are here to support you! So bring on the bowel talk! We can deal! lol Seriously, it must not be easy to deal with that, on an everyday basis! A cup of coffee works for me or a cup of apple juice. Good luck! I hope you can be pain free soon!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Everyone feels blue sometimes! Be strong for your kids sakes. I was prescribed Ativan For insomnia, a few months back. Man that stuff is hell to get off of. But I watched my kid yesterday and just took the WD's All Day. I felt like I was going CRAZY literally. It does gets better. Just one day at a time :wink: Im not touching that stuff again LOL!!

Last edited by jarin12ga on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My daughter had a medical issue when she was a toddler/preschooler. The Dr. said to give her Miralax EVERY DAY. I would buy a 2 qt. container of juice and put 8 doses in it, and give her a cup a day. It isn't a drug, it doesn't get absorbed into the body, just moves material through the bowels. It used to be prescription only, then a really expensive OTC, but now it's generic OTC. It won't clear a blockage, but will keep the system moving on a daily basis. It really works. My daughter used it for 2-3 years at a very young age will no ill effects. You can't just take it "as needed". You have to take it every day (like Suboxone :))
Hope this helps.