It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: please help!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:46 am 
New Poster
New Poster

i'm having an issue with the induction of suboxone. This is my third time doing this, so i have some experience. Both times before, i had no problem with switching over after 16- 18 hours obstaining from last fast acting opiate. And, just so you dont think i'm someone who keeps going back n forth - i was doing great on matinience of suboxone for several months. Then my world came to end when i got hit by drunk driver in hugh speed collision. as you can imagine, i went back on the opiates because the subs were not giving me relief. Ok, so i've been using roxis for a few months now at a very high level 20-25 30mg per day. They stopped working and ive goten to point where i'd rather be in pain than continue the slippery slope of the roxis. i decided to switch back yesterday to subs i have left over. the wierd thing is that when i inducted 2mg after 16 hours of opiate, everything was kinda ok, then i used another 2mg and it wasnt great, but ok. started feeling bad again in the nest hour so went to 4mg and started feeling worse withdrawal - i waited another hour and did 4mg again and it was hell! i felt like Precipitated withdrawal - so bad that i had to use opiates agian to try to bring me out of it and as we all know, that didnt really help. so here i am very confused as to why the subs did that this time. Perhaps my opiate usage was to high? or perhaps i didnt wait long enough, but if that were the case i wouldnt have felt better initailly from the induction 2mg i took. anyone have any ideas - i'm feeling really screwed and dont know what to do....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello merc500,

I was just wondering if everything has worked out ok for you or what you ended up doing. I just found this website and forum and I guess I'm a bit surprised that you didn't hear from anyone regarding your situation?? I have been using subs for a few years off and on but for the past few months I have been using them when my pain meds run out. I am getting concerned that one time they may not work as you experienced apparently. What did you end up doing - if you don't mind me asking? Was it because you took them too soon or too low of a dose?

Hope things have smoothed out for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just saw your post today - I'm sorry I missed it at the time.
I, too, am wondering how you are. From my (somewhat limited) experience, it sounds like you didn't wait long enough to start the Suboxone. You must be in withdrawals before starting.
Let us know how you are.
Melissa

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:47 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi merc500,
I just joined this forum today. So I just read your post.
I believe melissa is correct? When I did my induction I was told to stop using 24 to 36 hrs. before they
would sart the medication. I did as told and all went well. I was on 300 to 350 mgs. per day of oxy's. So with amt. you were using you probably need a little more time before you start suboxone's.
I hope you have success if not KEEP TRYING you'll get there.
Best of luck & please post and let us know how it is going!!
TW