It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Please Help!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:48 am 
New Poster
New Poster

My stats 32 y/o mle 185 lbs. Swictched from Methadone to suboxone after 72hrs. No benzos, nsaids, just hot bath and lots of water...I was on 110mgs for 3.5 yrs...... 14 days ago for the first 3 days I dipped into my lockbox taking about 155mg for 3days, then 50mg for 4 days and 25mg for 3 days, then 0 for 72 hours....I took a 2mg strip after scoring a honest 20 on cows (iknow its supposed to be 26 probably what hurt me)

Ok 12:30pm yesterday took 2 mgs felt 5% better

2:30pm yesterday felt wd took 2 more mgs felt another 5% better until around 4:30 wds started again this time stronger than before took it.

Its now 6:45am following morning had the worst stomach cramps, muscle bone pain I have ever had, no sleep yet but finally feeling better mild muscle pain mild cramping.
I took 8 mg total at 2hr intervals...i also am very very nauseous feel like I could puke or poo any moment tmi sorry
thanks
My question is how much should I dose today? If any at all with how naseous i feel

at a stand still with how bad i feel -atmosphere

Post subject: Re: Please Help!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome Scott!
I'm so sorry you are feeling the pain of methadone WD. My transition from methadone to subs was months apart so unfortunately I'm not well versed on how to proceed. I know the pain you are feeling because I jumped off just 40 mg of Methadone and went through months, not weeks, of hell! I will never forget the "bone pain" amongst restlessness and feeling like I had no sleep for weeks on end. I could not distinguish reality from dreaming because I would dream of myself trying to sleep and not being able to. yup it was hell and I felt insane by week 3. I should also add I was coming off years of high dose Valium. Not to scare you because it is a different situation.
It is likely the subs isn't even coming close to the amount of M still in your system.it has such a long half life that I remember by day 11 I was a fuckin wreck where as day 4, just minor discomfort.
If it were me, I would continue to take low doses of sub maybe 4-6 hourly but that advice would be subject to change if you find you are feeling worse after dosing. I would be to scared to take a lot even though it may be your best bet at kicking the M off. I hope Dr J can provide some accurate information for you.
Are you under the guidance of a DR and if so has she/he recommended any specifics?
Time is really what will help you transition. Please keep posting here because I really want to support you through this. It may take a couple of days until you start to feel better but you can do this. It won't last for too much longer. Don't forget the bigger picture, most of us here have changed lives because of subs.
Keep posting and take care

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Scott,

Welcome! I just wanted to ask to make sure...you are allowing the Suboxone to dissolve under your tongue or on the inside of your cheek, correct? I just wanted to make sure you weren't swallowing the tablet or film, as is standard for most medications.

Thanks,
Morphing

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for replying I was is such a haze when I posted this I thought introduction tab read induction, I apologize for being in the wrong area, I am under the supervision of my doc who perscribed the usual 16 mg per day.

It has taken some getting used to but for the most part most of it gets disolved under my tounge.

I really want to stress for anyone who is thinking about crash from 155 to 0 in a matter of 2 weeks think again. If you absolutely have to go to the lowest dose possible for the longest time possible. If you dont have time to do it make sure you go to a detox or the minimum have someone with you especially the 3rd 4th and 5 th night. I cannot even begin to explain how emotional, or suicidal I was.

Yesterday was ok I dosed 2 mg 3 times I felt just able to handle it I took 2mg at 8 am 2mg at 12pm and 2 mg at 3 pm
I felt ok except mild to severe muscle bone pain especially bad stomach cramps at about 8pm almost felt like taking 2 more mg but didnt want to be to wired for bed. I slept 2 hours maybe of really light almost awake sleep.

I really felt like shit this morning my Fiancé wants me to go to work with her she owns the business thank god so we have a bed made up in the back room. Im thinking I probably should just because of how emotional i have been.

should I be taking more like 4mg at a time and see how i feel or do you think it will make it worse.

thanks so much for replying made me cry even goddamn these emotions have been surpressed for way too long.

I am now humbled by this experience, there is something greater than me that wasnt there before, felt like gods hand at my back- scottkay

I would like to add for anyone going through this music, family, hot baths is a huge help especially this forum its comforting to know that we can speak open and honestly abiut our addictions here. Methadone served its purpose the the first 12 months were great but then old ways started to set in and I began hurting myself every 2 weeks by dipping into my own medicine. Methadone is too powerful it almost gave me the same feeling as other street drugs...it serves it purpose forsure and i do believe it saved my life.

Thank you to all who reply to people it gives me a sense of hope which one needs in this time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:55 pm 

Hey scottkay welcome!

I've never made the switch to suboxone from methadone so my advice is purely guessing. I do however know a lot about sub so maybe my advice can help u somewhat lol :)
I don't think it'd hurt to take 4mg at a time instead of 2mg. U probably have a pretty high tolerance from the methadone so maybe 4 would help u better. We have several doctors on the forum and several ppl who's made the switch from methadone, I hope they respond to u, that's who u need to talk to. Hopefully they'll come along shortly. It could just be a waiting game of keep taking the sub every day til u finally start feeling completely better. But I don't see anything wrong with upping ur doses to 4. What dose does ur Dr recommend for ya?

I also think u should take ur girlfriends offer to go to work with her, u need all the love and support u can get. Good luck and I'll be following ur progress, hope u feel better soon!

Post subject: Re: Please Help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It's good to hear from you scottK,
I appreciate how hard this has been, the sadness, deep depression, insomnia and physical pain seem unrelenting. You have come off a massive dose of M, so it was never going to be easy. Clearly you are a strong person and you will get through this.
I too found comfort from baths and a heightened appreciation for music. It was soothing to find a distraction no matter how small. I was already so out of control with my emotions and a sad song would tip me over the edge. I did a lot of reflecting during my WD and I felt incredible sadness and anger. I felt suicidal weeks into my WD and ended up in hospital for a couple of hours before saying the right things and discharging myself.
It sounds like you are tolerating the subs better than your induction,which is great!
I also think you may be ready to increase your dose to 4mg. You will know after your first trial of 4mg if you should continue on that dosage.
please keep in touch and let us know how you are feeling and if you increase your dose. Remember this is a temporary and will get better. You will find your way out, as the pain subsides and the emotions level out.
Take care Scott, we are hoping you feel well soon!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I hope you're doing better, I switched from 120 mg of methadone and went into precipitated withdrawals. It's hindsight now, but to switch you need to get your tolerance to 30 to 40 mgs of methadone first, suboxone is a partial agonist so is not filling your empty receptors. I had to take more suboxone at first, and remember I'm not a doctor, I had to take 8 mgs at a time and it took a week to feel ok, but every day did get better.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for your support, katipo, morphing, pugmommy, and who ever else posts on here....

this has been a difficult but needed change in my life, everything is leveling out now. I did switch from from 2 mg 4x daily to 4 mg 4x daily. I think its built up enough for me to take 8mg at a time, but im scared to, I havent yet and dont want to ever get a feeling from it. I just want to feel normal and out of WD im at about 80% during the day and 50% after 10pm ( because my last dose is at 6 pm) I start feeling right back in moderate WD again...

do any of you have any suggestions?

This is my last chance at saving my life I just dont want to get it wrong.

thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I know exactly how you feel, I was afraid to take more than 2 mg at a time and felt terrible. Then I finally talked to someone familiar with suboxone, he told me I'm ready to take full 8. I did, and what a difference, I finally felt normal. This was after two days of precipitated withdrawal. Oh, and I'm still not a doctor lol.I have a lot of experience with sourcing from a large dose of methadone, feel free to PM me.