All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: PLEASE HELP!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hello people :)
just joined this site.
been on this stupid suboxone (film, not the pill) drug for about 2 yrs. - I was on percs heavily.
I tapered myself down to 2 mgs some months ago then got to 1 mg & screwed up, had to start all over. now I'm down to a SLIM SLIVER of the film - I don't even know the mg's - and I've been fine but today I tried to NOT take the sliver, I thought I'd try to stop taking the sub at this point. I was fine up until 5 minutes ago, I had to go to the ladies room & cut that little SLIVER but I also cut a crumb or two off the sliver & put it under my tongue. now I'm sitting here at work legs bothering me, I feel weak & have no energy. I'm trying NOT to go take a crumb more, but I'm wondering if I should.
I really wanna get OFF of sub but I cant go thru the hell of withdrawals & I'm trying to minimize it as much as possible.

I'm also going thru hot flashes like CRAZY!!! I don't know if this is menopause or the suboxone. I'm 51 yrs old. I started menopause at age 44.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!! I DONT WANNA DO ANYTHING DESPERATE

Post subject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Omg people PLEASE don't just "view" my thread without posting some help. I apologize in advance for being a bit "pushy", but I'm really going thru it here - or STARTING to. I'm in the tapering mode, and I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right & the things I'm feeling are expected.

I've been feeling depressed damn there the entire time of taking suboxone, PLUS hot flashes like crazy & lack of sex drive, no interest whatsoever. I put on 20 pounds but lost 10 recently from effort. I don't wanna do ANYTHING but lay around at home & watch TV. I lost interest in EVERYTHING. And it's scary. Bcz I'm usually upbeat & happy & active enough. This depression, crazy & constant hot flashes & hopeless feelings is really fking up my life & I wanna make sure this is all a part of taking suboxone AND tapering off. Please reply I need your help.

THANK YOU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The symptoms you're experiencing are normal for opiate/Suboxone wd. RLS (restless leg syndrome) accompanies most any opiate wd. Feeling weak and having no energy.....classic opiate wd symptoms.

It looks like you're not quite sure what dose you're stopping from. I'm guessing you're in and around 1mg or less? Stopping from a dose like that means you will have wd, but it won't be earth shattering. Your symptoms will most likely last from a few days up to a week, week and a half.

If you can get Clonidine, it will help. Clonidine is a blood pressure medication that's prescribed off label for opiate wd. It will calm your symptoms down. Go see your doctor, tell him you're in opiate wd and want Clonidine.

If you're having bathroom issues, Imodium will help take care of that.

You may find you need to take a couple days off work to get past the worst of the wd. Continuing to take slivers of Suboxone to get through the day is only making your effort to quit harder.

Good luck and post as much as you want, that's what we're here for.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Romeo - thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it totally & it does help.
I haven't been on the site the last few days but I didn't forget about the site.
What's happening is I took a little more than my regular "sliver" because it was like my body was in a lil withdrawal & I was at work, I wasn't doing a good job of handling it. But then the next day or two it's like my body was calling out for another dose, and I took one. And THAT's what I DONT wanna start doing - taking 2 doses a day. I made that mistake before when I got down to 1 mg & I winded up having to start all over, mad as hell. So I'm "listening" to my body & paying attention to if & when it "asks" for another dose, I'm not going to take one. UNLESS I start feeling crazy & can't take it. I'm going to TRY to stick it out, I really wanna get OFF this crap. It just gets really difficult once I get to 1 mg .....
If THIS doesn't make me NEVER FK WITH OPIATES AGAIN I don't know what will LOL
Thanks again Romeo :)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

H! Hang in there!! I am a 48 year old woman who has tapered from 12 mg to 1 mg (day 4 on 1 mg). I also need to work, and am a mom, so understand it is near impossible to function and get off this s--- at the same time.
I am not under a dr care for this (although I've had a check up and no other problems, just did not admit the suboxone use). Anyway, Ive been carefully cutting my 8mg strip into 8 pieces, then spiltting my daily dose into 3 equal doses, I take one in the morning, one at noon, and one at 3ish and this has been working for me. I've also gotten ahold of some xanax to help with anxiety at night, and this has been helpling so far. I also really really want to get totally off the subs (and xanax). Let's help eachother!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I've been thru exactly what you are going through and I have to say even after tapering off and stopping I felt the after affects for 18 months. When you first wake up, just for a few minutes you'll be scrambling to think if you have any put away that you forgot about. But it will "PASS" keep your mind off of it. Have you noticed you're fine, you've taken your dose, but then realize you're running low, even if you still have some you start sweating? Again it will pass. At first when my doc told me it was mental, I'd say to myself, "sweating, legging cramps and diarrhea isn't mental its real!" Now after years I understand IT IS mental, just writing this is giving me a hot flash. The worse thing is sitting at work, if I wasn't that busy or sitting in a mtg it was awful. I'm a collections rep for a large clothing chain and as long as I'm on the phone I'd be ok. As soon as I hung up (on a day when I didn't have any with me or was told they're none available) I'd start feeling crappy (a lot worse than crappy but probably can't say how bad on here) I have to warn you.....when you are finally though will all this, on one of the days you're feeling crappy DON'T THINK to yourself, "well how bad can it be if I take 1 perc or vic?" It will be BAD! I was once told by my pharmacy there was an independent study that showed "ONCE ON SUBOXONE, YOU CAN'T GET OFF" As I sit here typing this I think to myself, "someone else will read my post and say, "she's crazy, one won't hurt or it doesn't last 18 months" well its exactly what I went through and that 1 pill turned into 2 and eventually I found myself looking for a new suboxone doctor. I'm ended up back on but in the 18 months I lost all my connections and I also kick myself in the A55 for dealing with it for 18 months then starting over again. When you start feeling crappy, keep your mind busy. I don't mean read or watch TV, your mind will always go back to thinking about it. I always feel better when I drive sounds silly because I'm alone and you'd think you would think more about it but you don't. I listen to my favorite CD, even though they talk about it in one of the songs doesn't bother me. Again, I can be dosed for the day, feeling fine and as soon as I think, "I took a few extra halves a couple of days, I'm short and my insurance only pays 1 day ahead I start feeling crappy, so my doc was right, its hard to understand that something physical can be mental, it really is...KEEP BUSY...I'll check in while having coffee in the morning..and see how you're doing..I hope I helped even a little. And like I said before, someone else might read this and tell you I'm wrong but everyone is different I'm not giving an opinion like some do I'm telling you what I went through which is FACT. You can do it but it takes a lot of self discipline. When you feel crappy tell yourself, "I'm dosed for the day, I should feel fine" do something to keep your mind off it and all of a sudden you think, " ha I do feel ok"..hope you check back in any questions, don't hesitate to ask...

Last edited by Experinced on Wed May 07, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:25 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Another thing I found that keeps me busy Candy Crush and Farm Saga...both over lvl 400!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:46 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Well I guess I should have read your second post as well...yes all those things are expected. I know the lack of everything feeling. You need to find something to keep you busy...besides Candy Crush and Farm Saga I bought a cross stitch that's something that definitely keeps your mind busy. Take up painting maybe. I got a great idea from my mom that really works, she makes beautiful candle holders from bottles...I don't mean just sticking a candle in a bottle..it takes work...I do stained glass projects.. You have to find something you always wanted to try or do something you were once interested in. Besides keeping your mind off it you'll be amazed how FAST the time goes by!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I feel your pain. My husband and I are doing this together and have tapered down to a little less than .25 mg. One more day at this and we'll start skipping days. It's definitely rough right now, but I can still work and be a mom. So far my best advice is to eat EXTREMELY healthy, force yourself to drink lots of water...ensure helps a lot also. Anything you eat, make it count...no fast food or crap. Obviously, lots of hot showers, exercise, and things to keep you busy. Anything to get this shit off your mind will help! If you can get any comfort meds(Xanax, clonadine, muscle relaxers)...I say take them. That's all I can say for now, but I'll keep you updated on how the skipping days go. As much as I feel like shit after 11 years on this stuff, I can slowly feel myself changing...still in a major fog, but I'm actually starting to feel again. We can do this!!!