It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well I fucked up and smoked some heroin today and yesterday. I have been on 30mg methadone for 6months and wanted to get on suboxone. I was told to wait 72 hours. I stocked up on a lot before this 72 hour wait. Imodium, weed, Kratom, and I had some heroin too. incase I really needed something I would jus smoke a little. My last dose of 30mg Meth was monday it is now Thursday night. well I been smoking little amounts of heroin to keep withdrawals at bay. I started to think it would be better to use a short acting opiate for a few days so I can make sure I get the meth out my system then wait 18-24 hours after my last hit of heroin. Since im only smoking small amounts do u think I fucked myself up? Or should I just wait till tomorrow when it'll be more then 96 hours after last meth dose and at least 18 hours of no smokin jerkin would b good? I've never taken suboxone before cuZ I was insanely afraid of precipitated withdrawal. So what should i do? take Kratom tomorrow only and then dose sub after it's been enough time of no heroin?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Okay, you're right, you screwed up. But, it sounds to me like the problem was planning the heroine use before you even went into WD. You set yourself up for failure there my friend. That being said, I think you will be okay.

Number one - NO MORE JUNK!

I know that the doctors tell you to wait X amount of time since your last dose. But, the only way to know for sure if you are ready to induce is to actually go into WD. I'm sorry, I know it hurts, and it Sucks Big TIME...but it's the only way. That means the Kratom is probably not a good idea either. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's going to mess with the induction or not, but you won't know if your at the correct score on the COWS scale if you have Kratom on board masking the WD.

Do you have the suboxone in your posession or are you going to have to make your appointment when you are ready?

In the mean time, print out the COWS scale and be sure you don't induce until you are at a MODERATE score. No cheating, it will only make precipitated wd set in and that is no joke!

Here's a link to the COWS: http://naabt.org/documents/COWS_inducti ... _sheet.pdf

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Qhorsegirl is spot on about the COWS scale, and not over scoring yourself. I've done it. When you're in withdrawal, it's very easy to score yourself a bit higher than what you actually feel because you want relief so bad. Just a suggestion but,if possible, try to have someone else score your symptoms for you so you'll have less of a chance of precipitating withdrawal. Good luck. Please let us know how it goes:)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank u for the replies ! it helps a lot knowing I have ppl to talk to about this. Well it's Friday morning now and the w/d R definitely starting to show up a little. I'll wait until the afternoon to see if it gets worse. I have the suboxone already too. This whole situation is stressful ! I just want to be on the suboxone already but I do NOT want to get precipitated w/d /: What do u guys think about starting with a super small piece like less then 0.5 Mg. take that and if I feel worse then stop or if I feel a little better take more?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:40 pm 

Hey there! I think the only way u will be absolutely positive that u won't go into precipitated WD is to just bite the bullet and ride out withdrawal. Everyone has to go through this going on subs. It's not a pleasant experience but its something u kinda have to do. I went 32 hours without anything, then went to my doctors apt and my nurse scored me on the cows test and when I was in high enough withdrawal, I got my first 2mg of sub. Thirty min later I got my second 2mg. Every 30 min I got 2 mg until I had 8mg total. The next day I was prescribed 16mg as my normal daily dose. I'm sure every doctor has their own way of doing the induction process. But the one thing that's important is u have to be in withdrawal. U can do this and once u do hopefully it will be ur last. Please let us know how it goes :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank u for the reply! yea I know I need to be in withdrawal but with the coming off methadone / using a little heroin and Kratom this week really confused everything. I wish I jus stuck it out but my anxiety wouldnt let me this time. The good news is I have a suboxone script and more then 96 hours with no methadone (30mg) and its almost 12 since my last little bit of heroin(smoked) starting to feel anxious , sad , confused, achy but I still do not feel like im at a bad enough point to take the suboxone. So my main question now is if i stated with less then 0.5mg suboxone do u think this will at least make it so if I do get precipitated w/d ir wouldn't be too bad since it's a small dose? I know this sounds stupid but im so deathly afraid of PWD that im thinkin to take 0.5mg sub and if the PWD comes on smoke some heroin to at least ease that horrible experience? I was 6 months clean only methadone and weed til this week so I promise im not jus trying to get high on dope I jus want to get on suboxone smoothly as possible. I have super bad anxiety sometimes and this week was just fucked up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

methadone to suboxone is just too much of a scary switch for me that's why I thought using a short acting opiate would at least give me enough time to make sure the methadone was off my receptors.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Errl,

I know this is scary. And you're right, methadone to suboxone is a tricky switch. But, what we said above still holds true. If you wait until you score high enough on the cows scale you should be fine. You can't cheat the process or you're going to get bitten.

Starting with a small dose of subs is a good idea. You'll have to wait at least 30 minutes to know how it's going to react, but if you get PW you will definitely be able to tell. I'm no expert on this topic, but I'm almost 100% positive that if you do go into PW's the only way through it is to wait it out and load up on more subs. If you smoke more H to get through the PW's you will only have to start the whole process over again. AND, it might take a shit ton of it to push that little bit of subs off your receptors. It might just be a deadly solution.

Why don't you just wait it out so you don't have to worry so much about it?

I know the WD is awful errl, but it HAS to be done. Honestly, the best thing you could do if you are serious about this switch is to go flush your stash of H right now. It's just too tempting to have it in your possession while you are trying to push through the WD.

I'm going to look and see if I can find a thread that I remember from a few years ago. There was a guy who came here that had been through PW's and he got some great advice from TinyDancer. Give me a little bit, I have some things to do this evening, but I will find that for you and post a link.

Wait it out...it's the only sure way to do this right.

Q

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank u so much qhorsegal you definitely made me feel a little better. I am wondering if I take 0.5 MGs sub and I start to feel worse wouldn't taking more sub right away make it worse? or do I wait til they start to calm down then take more sub?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Okay, this is the post I was trying to find. It's an example of a guy who started subs too soon from methadone. He had also been using Kratom to cover the WD symptoms from the methadone detox. We don't know exactly what happened with him, because he didn't come back to update. But, the replies he got from TinyDancer were soooooo goooood! She has been there, done that! Pay special attention to her responses on how to get through this if it does happen.

topic9171.html

The thing you need to understand is that inducting from methadone is a beast, but from H isn't a walk in the park either. There have been many stories here over the years about people turning to sub too soon after their last Heroin dose and getting smacked with PW. I can't stress enough how important it is to wait it out and be absolutely sure you are scoring at least a moderate score on the COWS. A simple search through our inductions board will give you alot of information. Be safe, and keep updating if you are able.

Q

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks for Lookin that up for me! sounds super scary but possible to get thru. Im scared to jus keep taking more tho if the 0.5mg starts some PWD I would rather wait Til I start feeling better then take another 0.5 and if I feel no difference take more.i think that's my plan for now (:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Okay errl,

I just wanted to get you the information. I'm hoping you won't need it at all!!!!

Honestly, if you wait until you score well on the cows you should be just fine. I almost didn't post that because I was afraid it might scare you, but I had already told you I would find it. LOL...I had forgotten that the guy never came back and told us how he did. Major brain fart moment! :roll:

I really don't think the methadone will be a problem. You were at the recommended dose to switch from, and you have waited long enough to get it off. Just give enough time for the H to clear and you should be great!

I look forward to hearing your success story soon!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Errrl,

Sorry I haven't posted earlier today to see how you're doing, and ask if you had inducted onto the suboxone yet? I've been getting kicked off the Internet repeatedly all day. Give us an update if you're up to it. Hope it went smoothly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey I appreciate both of Ur responses and time very much! well I was messin up this week . every morning I would wake up in a panic and smoke a little H. well I read about Gabapentin(neurotin) and decided to take that today instead of H. My anxiety wasn't allowing me to go 24 hours no H. well it's mow 8pm and I feel fine no withdrawals at all! I also found out that it won't mess with the suboxone either ! So I will be taking my first sub after 24 hours of no H. I hope this goes good (:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Erri

Glad you want to get into recovery using subxone but I really have to mention what the people above have said...you need to judge when you are ready with the COWS scale AND it's best to have someone else score you.

I have a friend who did the methadone to sub switch under his doctors care and he did similar to what you are doing. Trying to stay out of w/d's will never allow you to be IN w/d;s and you have to be IN w/d's to safely induct suboxone.

It was 3 days after his last dope use (10 days after last methadone dose) that he safely inducted on suboxone. The doctor did give him clondidine (bp med) for the 2nd day but he was told to take nothing 24 hours before his appt. His switch went fine and I really want yours to go fine also.

One thing he did say and I also felt was once he accepted he really had to be in w/d's it wasn't as bad as he expected. We do that whole body and brain check every few minutes...anxiety is always the worse for me but I felt oddly calm the day before my induction. I even went to work, it wasn't fun but I was ok.

Suboxone can really help you get a life back but you have to work at recovery. Please keep posting and let us all know how you are. Even if people don't post on your thread we are rooting for you

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey all! I jus took my first dose 0.25 mg of sub! I started small cuZ I was afraid it's now been 20-30 mins and I think im starting to feel better. I was sweating over my whole body , dilated pupils and back aches so I figured it was time. about 20 hours since last smoke of H. I only used a gram this whole week so I think that's why I didn't have to wait 24 hours. Well I'll keep u updated thank u all so much! im super happy :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Took a full 2mgs now and im feeling a lot better ! I succesfuly induced (:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thats great news!!!

Do you feel pretty stable on the 2mg's or are you planning on upping the dose tonight? You should be safe to go ahead and take the extra 6mg's and stay at 8mg until you see your doctor again.(If that's where he wanted you) When's your next appt?

I'm so happy to hear you avoided PW's. Now, please go and flush the rest of your stash immediately! No reason to keep it around anymore. :D I've been wondering about you the last few days. I'm so glad you finally induced!

Merry Christmas!

Q

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank u very much for helping me along the way horsegirl! Well I spoke a little too soon and I had a very mild set of I think was precip w/d my pupils got big and I had the runs for a minute then I passed out and woke back up feelin fine so I took another 2mgs and im doing a lot better (: I'll probably take the full 8mgs tonight!