It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey everyone. Just need a straight answer. Ive been taking perks daily for about a year now and currently im taking about 40mgs to 60mgs per day of 5mg endocets. I have 5 8mg sub tablets and was planning on taking my last perk at 10pm tonight then waking up at 8am and start the subs. I start to feel withdrawl quickly like 6hrs after last one i usually bite or chew the endo 5s. I have weened down from 100+ mgs a day.. my question is 12 hours enough time to wait to start on the subs? Im afraid of that waiting time period and how much should i start with 2mgs under the tonue? Is that too little or too much id like to take them for a week then get off completely ive heard of people doing it.? Advice thanks. Im strong and ready

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi there, we have had this question alot over the past few days. If you will look at some of the other posts about withdrawal time you will see some great answers people have given about this topic. Unfortunately there is no way to know if 12 hours is enough time for you. Every person is different in how long it takes for them to go into sufficient withdrawal. I think that is why doctors recommend 24 hours, it just covers them because pretty much everyone who is addicted will be in sufficient withdrawal in that time. Romeo has given a link to some other people that have asked this same question. The COWS scale is what the doctors use to judge whether or not you are in the proper stage of withdrawal to start suboxone. You can find that scale with this link http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_ind ... _sheet.pdf. Hope this helps. Like I said, if you still have questions look at some of the answers others have given to this question the past few days.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey, you had a small habit luckily never graduating from oxycodone, so yea 2 mg sounds perfect. I have taken my subs 6 hours after my last dose and been fine but I'd recommend 12 hours to be safe, if you don't feel better after around a hour from 2 mg take another 2 mg , you'll be nodding out and super high your first times taking it so I'd reccomend taking a day or two off work.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:40 am 
New Poster
New Poster

oclafsti wrote:
Hey, you had a small habit luckily never graduating from oxycodone, so yea 2 mg sounds perfect. I have taken my subs 6 hours after my last dose and been fine but I'd recommend 12 hours to be safe, if you don't feel better after around a hour from 2 mg take another 2 mg , you'll be nodding out and super high your first times taking it so I'd reccomend taking a day or two off work.

Hey thanks for advice and info it takes a special group of people to care for complete strangers the way you do. When you say never graduated too something else do you mean heroin or just another type of pill? Its been alll perks 5s 10s 15s 30s and once in a blue moon op 40s ER. Is 40mg to 60mg not really a super high daily dose in your opinion? Not to justify it but just to see where im at. I was able to have 8 days clean cold turkey 8 months ago but i fell back into them by my own stupid fault. Just have a addictive personality. Perks are only drugs ive done last couple years and some pot but i stopped smokin pot months ago completely never looking back. Is it possible to take subs just for a week then just stop cold turkey or will you withdrawl from them? Thank you i look forward to your respinse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I mean yeah my habit was about 120-150 mg of opsnas a day, and I still wouldn't consider that a big habbit. It's good you din't go super high and stayed with the perks , either way subs are nectar from the gods, are you tapering or going to stay in them