It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]
First let me say I'm freaking and full of shame.
I've been on sub for 2 months.

I had wrote in another post about my Dr. putting my appt. back another week b/c he had to leave for a extra week. I've had quite a few problems with this office.

Out of fear of going thru W/D I got a script that I had a refill from several months ago of Vicoden. My thoughts were to take one or two to keep the W/D down. I've given the bottle to my husband.
I still have 2 film strips that I figured I'd save to take a few days before my appt. for 2 reasons. One being for W/D before I go to the Dr. and Two in case he did a UA. I don't know how often he does that. The last visit he didn't do it.

I didn't go thru the Pharmacy I normally go thru and didn't go thru my Ins.
I have the HORRIBLE FEAR of him finding out and throwing me out. I tried to call his office many times to get help before I did this and like always no one ever calls back. All u get is a recorder.

He had told me I could take a extra film when my pain is worse which is the reason I'll be out. I had aksed him at that time what if I run out and he said to call the office. I knew this was not going to work out b/c I know how that office is. He said since my script was already printed out he couldn't change it till next month. Which would have been this month.

I'm hoping I'm making some sense here. I'm so upset that i could get caught and thrown out. I'm so disgusted with myself for not making myself just deal with the pain till this month to have the dosage increased.

I sooo don't want to be back in this mess again. I had gotten so much peace during those 2 months.

Does anyone know how this works? Do they check the Pharmacy and Ins.?
Of course,if he finds out I'll plead my case but I'm sure he's heard it before.

Thanks for any advise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

CajunMeMe,

Wow, Im so sorry your having to go through this. So, if I understand correctly, you ran out of your strips early......because (under the doctors advice) you took an extra strip here/there to deal w/your pain? You stated that you got an old Vic script filled. Have you taken any of them? If not, pleeeease don't take em.......If you haven't taken any yet, I'd cut your remaining strips into small doses and make those last until your nxt appt. I know thats probably gonna greatly decrease your daily dose, but thats probably the best idea (NOT TAKING THE VICS)

If you HAVE already begun taking the Vicoden, I guess just continue doing so until a few days before your appt. The thing is, in order to get back on the Sub.....(Im not a doctor) but, I think you'd need to be in withdrawl from the Vicoden before you get back on the Sub.

In any case, whenever your doctor returns/you see him, you need to tell him what happend. I would be completely honest w/him. First of all, he needs to know about your pain in order to properly adjust your dosage (so that this dosen't happen again). Second, I think its better that he find out from you (if you have in fact taken the Vic) instead of learning from a urine screen or by way of a pharmacy.

Im sure every doctor is different, but Sub IS monitored pretty heavily. I know for me, the doctor whom induced me used the prescription monitoring program. I had to give my doctor/his staff my driv lic to make a copy of and sighn some paperwork agreeing to be in the program in order to be under his care. This allows doctors to go online to a site and see EVERYTHING you've goten filled, where it was filled, which doctor wrote the script, ect. But you hafta sighn a waiver to be part of this program. Do you remember sighning anything like that? Not trying to scare you.....just letting you know how some doctors are (at least in La.)

Seriously though, when you see your doctor.....be as honest as possible. Tell him what happened and about your pain and everything. We're addicts, we're gonna have bumps in the road......thats WHY your under his care to begin with. If you don't tell him what's going on and how you feel......he won't be able to help. I hope I've helped eez Ur mind a little. Please keep posting about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]
Thanks Marie,
If my plan goes well,I'll deff stop the Vicoden 4 or 5 days before my visit. I have one film left that I'm saving for after I go full blown W/D. I think the Vicoden will be out my system by then.
I just couldn't think of going 2 weeks of W/D plus with my health issues of having a seizure. Now,I know why ppl talk about having a few put aside to save.
I'm hoping I get to tell him before he finds out. I don't know how often they check. The way I think I understand it is he resets the computer once a month which I think they did which is how they changed the appt. So,I'm hooping I'll get to tell him first.
I'd like to know how often they check. If it's a automatic thing that pops up or if they check every month,etc.

I'm so full of anxiety I can hardly breathe.

I should have never took the extra when my pain was so bad. Although,I still would have run out since he put all his pts. a week back. If I don't get thrown out u can believe I will put some back and try to forget them in case this happens again.

I've had several problems with this office staff since day one so I need to do what I have to do that this never happens again. I really need to find a new Dr. but not many take your Ins.

I'm trying to put it aside as much as I can since it's going to be another 2 weeks of worry. I'll have a damn seizure just from the high anxiety the way I'm going.

Thanks for answering me.
Oh,also,I did sign that paper and they got a copy of my Dr.Lic. so if they look further than my Ins. I guess I'm busted.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

Marie,
Also,do you remember when we sign that paper if it says u get put out the program if u get a script?
Even if I tell him I wonder if I get put out. I'm just wondering if I should prepare myself to have to seek another Dr. Even though I've never been happy with this one i really don't want to have to do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I honestly can't remember exactly what the paperwork stated. I just know that by signing it, you are in fact giving your doctor permission to view your script history. This includes whenever you pick up your pills and hafta sign for them there at the pharmacy.........that information (time, date, pharmacy, type of med) is accessible if your part of the prescription monitoring program.

But......even the doctors whom use it, probably don't check each pt EVERY month. Im sure its probably more usefull for them initially (whenever your induced) to get a better/more accurate history of your medications, doctor shopping, ect. Also, I would imagine that just having us sign the paperwork/become part of the monitoring program.....is a valuable diversion deterrant. Im trying to say, that SOME doctors, even if your part of this program, may not view your history every month.....but JUST HAVING US IN IT is probably a great scare tactic for them.

All this aside, I still feel YOU should tell him what happend when you see him. If it were me, I wouldn't want him finding out another way. I would think your honesty would outway his desire to kick you out and have you go into withdrawl or back into your previous lifestyle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

Oh I have full intentions of telling him just as soon as I see him. If he doesn't find out about it this month there is a chance he will later and I do not want this to hang over me.

This is addict behavior and I HATE it. I hate myself right now.

Marie,thank you, hun for your time. I really appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In some states there is a database that is available to pharmacists and doctors and there is no waiver or signature required for them to view/access it.

I think it's a good idea to tell your doc up front, too. And like you said, such a situation is one of the reasons so many of us try to build up a "back stock" of sub. I know I always have plenty extra on hand. I also don't have to worry about making my doctors appointments before a certain day or making it to the pharmacy on the exact right date.

Just try to move on from the current and don't focus on the past. The more you can live in the present, the more you can let go of the shame, in my opinion. Good luck with it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From all appearances, this appears to be a situation you're totally powerless over.

Be honest with your doctor. For one, he suggested you take the extra strips here and there. And two, how could you foresee that his clinic would be closed?

Was it justified to take vicodin? If you genuinely exhausted all other avenues that could have gotten you by without resorting to your opiate of choice, then I think so. Would it have been possible for you to contact your doctor after explaining to his receptionist your situation, and for him to then refer you to someone who could sort you out in the meantime?

Regardless of whether or not there were other avenues, still tell your doctor. You'd be surprised how understanding they are (most of them).