It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I finally got myself adjusted to taking suboxone. its been a little over a month. And now my ins co wouldn't pay for the films and my dr switched me to the pill form. My DR made it seem like they were going to be tiny little pills that would just dissolve like the films. I just got my RX delivery to my house and the pills are huge! they look just like the Percocet I was taking! No instructions were given with the script? Am I suppose to let this pill dissolve under my tongue like the films? I am so upset right now I could cry. The last thing I wanted to was to take another pill. I thought the whole idea of suboxone was to help you break the addiction, then why make it in a pill form that looks exactly like percs? And how am I suppose to know I absorbed all the buprenorphine? Before I knew when I spit out the saliva as long as it wasn't orange it was fully absorbed. How will I know with this white pill? Any info is GREATLY appreciated, I have no idea what im suppose to do when I take these dam pills tmrw morning :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

as far as i know, they dissolve the same as the films...but may take a little longer to dissolve...are they just generic bupe tabs? or zubsolv?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

He-Reigns wrote:
as far as i know, they dissolve the same as the films...but may take a little longer to dissolve...are they just generic bupe tabs? or zubsolv?

they are generic bupe pills. I don't even know what zubsolv is? is that another rx? so I have to let this big pill dissolve and then spit out the saliva? I don't swallow, I suffer from bad migraines now and since I started subs my headaches have gotten worse and I don't even swallow the subs bc im afraid my headaches will get even worse from the naloxone. im so pissed my ins wouldn't pay for the films. they shouldn't have started me on them if they were only going to deny it a month later. such a freaking scam. I hate ins and drug co's in this country. all they care about is making money. they care less about peoples health. its sickening. ive read a lot about subutex and im going to complain to my dr to switch me to subutex. if I have to take this big pill then I atleast want the one that doesn't cause head and stomach aches.
thanks for responding. sorry im just venting b/c im so upset :(

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yea as far as i know any brand of bupe made today are sublingual tabs or films,,,zubsolv is another brand thats becoming popular and supposedly has superior absorbtion...sorry you got stuck with a big tab to dissolve...very strange no instructions came with it...what did the pharmicist write on the rx? whenever i get my subs it says on the rx. "place 1 strip under tongue to dissolve daily"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The films only came out a few years ago, many of us were on the tablets for years before that. I ended up smashing my tablets into a powder or at least a few smaller pieces and it dissolves much faster. You can also kind of spread it around with your tongue to speed up the process- it will absorb into any mucous membrane in your mouth. Look up dr Junigs article called 'maximizing absorption of buprenorphine' for more details. I prefer the films too but at least the insurance is covering it! Many do not.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

He-Reigns wrote:
yea as far as i know any brand of bupe made today are sublingual tabs or films,,,zubsolv is another brand thats becoming popular and supposedly has superior absorbtion...sorry you got stuck with a big tab to dissolve...very stnge no instructions came with it...what did the pharmicist write on the rx? whenever i get my subs it says on the rx. "place 1 strip under tongue to dissolve daily"

the instructions were the same as the films. it actually dissolved pretty quick. I guess when I saw they were pills, I just assumed they were going to be like other pills but I was wrong. Now my problem is my headaches have gotten severely worse and my neck pain is back. the films were definitely stronger bc I did not feel all the pain ive been feeling the past 2 days since starting the tabs. im also having trouble sleeping now. I just don't think its right that the ins co's get to decide what meds we take. we pay a lot of money for ins and its just not right.
thanks for responding :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

glen bee wrote:
The films only came out a few years ago, many of us were on the tablets for years before that. I ended up smashing my tablets into a powder or at least a few smaller pieces and it dissolves much faster. You can also kind of spread it around with your tongue to speed up the process- it will absorb into any mucous membrane in your mouth. Look up dr Junigs article called 'maximizing absorption of buprenorphine' for more details. I prefer the films too but at least the insurance is covering it! Many do not.

I am thankful that the ins co is covering but in the respect we pay a lot of money for ins and they should not just be able to switch medicine like that. we still have to pay for the ins and don't get to pay less bc they are paying less for my meds. not to mention they are def not as strong. my neck pain is back, the reason I was taking pain meds to begin with and im also getting more headaches.
the ins and drug co's make me sick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I've been prescribed andtaken all three,;strips, the Orange , and the newer generic sub pills. Personally,I feel that people who think the strips are stronger, think that bc of absorption rate. Typically the strips dissolve quicker than the pills, technically speaking your dose is hitting more at once. But on don't think overall they are stronger. For myself, I don't like the strips, I get headaches from them, and other side effects that I don't get from the pills. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like people cab give themselves certain placebo effects depending on their thinking, expectations etc