It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on Suboxone 8 mg twice a day for two and a half years for pain management and need to have surgical extractionof 13 teeth,twoquadrant aveoplasty,and a biopsy of my jaw.When I went in for pre-admission the minute I told the nurse I was on suboxone ishe treated me different and said I had to be off subs before they did the surgery. I then went to my pain management Dr. he said there was no reason to stop my subs and after surgery they can give me 4mg dilaudid tid for pain but my dental surgeon is still worried if anyone can help it would be grat I dont want to get sick because of the other drugs and dont want to be in pain but my Dr. ws not going to put me on something no matter what i said.

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My name is Queenie,

I sympathize with your situation. I am a double amputee and had many surgeries to try to save my legs. 9 surgeries in the last 4 years, to be exact. My suboxone doctor and my surgeons would always get together & discuss these surgeries before time in reference to pain management. Now I know this doesn't compare to oral surgery but I also had oral surgery. My dentist spoke with my sub doctor. They took me off the suboxone and put me on 7.5 Percocet every 6 hours 5-7 days before the surgery. After the oral surgery, I was prescribed oxycodone & oxycontin every 4-6 hours. Higher or lower dosage according to the pain. When the pain was better, I weaned myself off of the oxy's, waited 16-24 hours, started slowly on sub(1/2, then waitied 8 hrs. took a whole one sublingually & continued my regular dose from then on with no problems. Speak to your dentist & sub doctor about this(or show it to them). Good luck and I believe yoiu should not have to suffer.

Let me know how things turn out,

Love, Queenie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Queenie thanks for taking your time out to try and help I am so worried about friday I just hope I don't end up going through withdrawals and being in pain because of my pain Dr. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks sharyl