It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have only been taking suboxone for about 6 months and I make 8mg last a week. I was only taking 1-2 Lortabs a day for about two years. I completely feel like a wuss after reading all the things on here of others people. But let me tell you, I am in so much pain I'm curled up in a ball on my shower floor crying from hurting so bad. I want out so bad! My family has no clue and my wife will divorce me if she found out. I've been hiding it this long because I can't detox without her knowing something is up and I'm pushing it now trying to quit. I took my last piece of sub 6 days ago and I got a few Lortabs to take when I needed them.  Should this work or just prolong the detox? If it works should get more and take them for a few more days? Willpower is not a problem I am completely set on quitting of I can just get through these withdrawal pains! Any ideas? I've tried Tylenol pm to help me sleep and that was a horrible idea. I've tried lots of fruit.... Can't tell a dif. The worst times are when I wake up (if I sleep). I can't hardly get moving and also I get the chills non stop when I'm out. I need some help or at least some support since I can't tell my family or anything else for that matter. I was buying the subs off the street and they have pretty much ran out so I can't get any and it's hard for me to find any other meds that actually help! Please please please help if u can!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow, I'm sorry you are going through so much pain. It sounds like you may have gotten yourself in a worse situation with the suboxone than you were in with the Lortabs. I am not nearly as experienced as most on this forum but I have read enough to know that you more than likely should not take those Lortabs if you are trying to detox. Yes, it will probably help the pain you are in now but it will also prolong your withdrawals. Is it worth it to make the agony you're in go on for longer just to get a few hours of relief now? You will have to make that call for yourself. I wish you the best of luck with your recovery...I guess that is the price we will all have to pay when we decide to get off the suboxone for good. I am certainly not looking forward to it either. I am hoping to try the slow taper method to minimize discomfort when it is time for me to stop.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Go to your primary care physician, tell him/her that you're withdrawing off of opiates and ask for some Clonidine (not to be confused with Klonopin). Clonidine is a blood pressure medication that's prescribed off label for opiate wd, it helped me with my wd from Suboxone more than anything else I tried. It calms the Sympathetic Nervous System and has a sedative effect. It is NON-addictive, I took Clonidine for months and months and had no trouble stopping it.

IMO, taking Lortabs will prolong your misery. Your brain is trying to reset itself and learn how to live without opiates, putting more opiates in may make you feel better for a moment, but it will only last a moment, then back to wd.

I tried Tylenol PM to help me sleep, but it seemed to multiply my Restless Legs by 1000. Early on in my wd, I did get my doctor to give me some Ambien, they made me tired as hell, but not much sleep and I did some weird things while half awake/half asleep on them. Clonidine worked better for me. Oh Yeah, I took .1mg of Clonidine twice daily. Yeah, .1mg.

You're on day 6, most of us report Suboxone wd peaking around day 6 -9 or so. You're right in the middle of the storm, but I promise you, it will get better, you just gotta hang on.

If it helps you, post on here as much as you want. Rant, rave, bitch, moan.....do whatever it takes to make you feel better.....except taking more opiates!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yalls support hes me a lot and reading all these posts kind of help me but scare the shit out of me also. About 4 years ago I was taking 10-12 lortab 10s a day and I ended up running out and went out of town and couldn't get any so I had no choice but to detox. The thing is my wife knew at the time and she was with me to the end. BUT a year or so later her mom overdosed on them and died. All was fine until I had an emergency appendectomy and on came the pain meds for about a month and I just couldn't quit. Well once I started spending bill money on pills just to not be "sick" I realized it was time to stop. So I ran out one day and somebody asked have u tried suboxone. So I did and man I felt amazing and I thought after one of these I should be free of my lortab detox. Well 6 months later I can't stop taking them. I know all that you all can do is give me support and info but it helps a lot. I've never used one of these forums until now so I'm still getting used to it. The only people I can talk to in person have no clue what I'm going through and never will. They just say its not that bad stop crying about it. I know my body and I know that I am fucking hurting!

Romeo this clonidine u are talking about. Do i have to ask for it? I just feel like a doc or pharmacist will treat me like a crack head looking for a fix and not like a human.

Thanks again!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was very apprehensive about asking my doctor for Clonidine because I knew I was going to have to tell him that I was an addict.....he was GREAT about it. Turns out, I'm not the first addict he's had in his office, you won't be the first addict that your doctor has ever seen either. Several others on this forum weren't too excited about asking their doctor for Clonidine for the same reason as you, but if memory serves, none of them got treated badly. Besides, if the worst thing your doctor can do is treat you shitty, then the risk is worth the reward.

Clonidine won't eliminate all the wd symptoms, but it sure knocks them down a peg or two and makes life more bearable.

Oh Yeah, Clonidine is NOTHING like getting a "fix", you won't get high off of it. It's simply a blood pressure med that calms your nervous system. WD is notorious for completely screwing with our nervous systems. Clonidine just helps to calm that down.

You're gonna have to be strong for the next little while, man.

Just a side note, I jumped off Suboxone from between 5mg and 8mg per day. I made it. We've had a bunch of others here who have jumped off of high doses too, they made it. Did it suck like hell, yep, but we made it......and YOU can too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yea I understand and I haven't really been getting high for a while just staying normal. I'm gonna give it a few more days and see what happens because I don't want to tell my wife I'm going to the doc cause she will def know what's going on. And I don't want that at all! I know I can do it, it just sucks I have no support from my family!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know the desperation your feeling all to well.. But like someone else said here this forum and the people on it are a life saver. Since u have noone to support you please share as much as you can on here as it will help tremendously when u need to vent. Not sure what dose u jumped from but my personal experience was 8mg a day after 2 years and I'm on day 36. like Romeo said day 6-9 are a tricky couple of days.. I also thought like u before I found this forum and on day 5-6 I took strait codeine pills which helped my wd's, or so I thought until I stopped and on day7 just swung back in full blown pain again. So best not to play around with the opiates. I didn't eat for a while but ate lots of banannas and had protein shakes to keep my body content, along with a good multivitamin. Use whatever god or whatever u believe in and ask for his help as I'm not religious in any sense of the word but I swear it helped. U will soon be flooded with emotions and music will also be your best friend, so just hang in there man we are all rooting for you.

Post subject: SLEEEP!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's now 2am and I'm wider awake than ever before. My arms feel like I have a pile of bricks on them. They are under so much pressure from my elbows down I can't sit still. Someone told me to smoke a little pot before bEfore bed and I would sleep better.... No such luck and I smoked as much as I could handle. And I also found out that cigs are a really bad idea as well. It's like there is nothing to help me. I actually read the last post and I got up and smashed a banana ha. But now I think I'm about to throw it up. If anyone has good ideas on the sleep I'll try anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea u really need to get clonodine from ur doc, but there is no easy way outof this my friend. Just think how far you made it, its going to peak soon so get the clonodine, take vitamins, amino acids and get all the support you need on here, romeo kicks ass, he has helped me already too. Im going on day four of no subs so im right here with you, keep us all updated on your status. Going without sleep sucks but we have to go through hell to get to heaven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The lack of sleep is hard to deal with, no doubt about it, but you gotta push through it. I tried a lot of different supplements and natural sleep aids during my wd, but none of them did jack for me, so I can't really recommend anything other than Clonidine.

I remember this from my "lack of sleep days", it always astonished me how I could mostly function the next day even though I only slept between 20 minutes to an hour. I wasn't functioning at 100%, but I was functioning. I had to will myself through those days and it was hard, but doable.

Another member found this motivational speech a few weeks ago and I really like it, it's only 2 minutes long, but it's pretty cool. My favorite parts are "Pain is temporary" and when the speaker says, "I dare you to take a little pain."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1j2kBIYOw

Post subject: WHAT NOW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This sounds very hard - especially keeping a secret in such pain. Did you manage to get to a good dr. and ask for some Clonidine as Romeo suggested. This would be good - did you get it? If so you have established a relationship with a doctor and maybe you could ask him to look into a sub doctor in your area. If this waiting it out cold turkey becomes too hard you might find a sug doc who would give you subs to do a low dose/brief time taper out. You may not need that or want it but it would not hurt to be trying to set it up if needed.
Maybe you are beyond this by now, but having plans in reserve is a good feeling and you can always just ignore them if you don't really need to do it that way. You might find somebody helpful.

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes Clonidine will really help, just make sure to use it properly. I was apprehensive about asking for it, but my doc was fine writing it out. You can also ask for something to help you sleep. I am going through withdrawal myself, but I am feeling very good about it. Its just one step I have to take in life's journey. Having a positive mind frame can make a huge difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been at work all day in miserable pain but Romeo I watched that video every time I picked up the phone to call and get something. It helped a lot. No clonidine yet. I can't really go to the doc and not tell my wife I'm going. Her not knowing is a huge burden on stopping taking them. My arms feel like I have 1000 lbs of weights on them and can't get them off. I was doing push ups this morning at 4am hoping to get them to stop so I could just sleep for a hour. But no such luck. You guys are my saving grace right now and y'all are the only way I can express myself and itch and complain about it. I made it through another day at work now I just have to make it though tonight. My wife knew I was up all night and asked what was wrong and I'll I could tell her was stomach cramps and that not really a lie. But see my wife is the kind that googles every symptom imaginable. So last night I typed all the things that she knows are wrong with me which include pain, insomnia, cramps, and vomiting. The only thing that comes up is pills and heroin withdrawals. So I really have to just suck it up and not let her know anything but when my skin is beat red and I cant sleep or eat ya know. This has to be over soon I know but damn I will never ever ever think about these devil pills again. It's 2012, I think it's time they find a pain med that doesn't give u a buzz and is non addictive. I couldn't imagine if I were an old person trying to do this it would kill me. I have friends that say it was nothing for them but me it's like my wd's are 10 everybody else's. Thanks guys for being here and supporting me. Romeo you have no clue how much u have helped and I'm sure I'm not the only one and the world needs more people like u. Thanks guys and girls I'll keep u updated through the night !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sub_WDs_R_the_Devil wrote:
. I couldn't imagine if I were an old person trying to do this it would kill me. I have friends that say it was nothing for them but me it's like my wd's are 10 everybody else's. !

Don't let what your friends felt like when they quit taking pills or subs (not sure which one you are saying they quit) make you feel like you are a wimp or like you are imagining your symptoms. They are probably not addicts and we are. That is where the difference lies my friend. My husband doesn't understand either. I know that back in the day he took alot of pills, smoked weed, snorted coke, drank alot...all of these things he could do and was never addicted. He could just take it or leave it and NEVER had trouble just laying it down. When we got married almost 15 years ago he quit everything (by that point it was mostly just weed and drinking) and I was still left struggling with what we always called my "addictive personality". I never knew I was a full blown addict until I started regularly taking the opiates. I was very quickly to the point that I could not quit on my own. I know it takes some people years to get dependent on substances and others only months. We are addicts, we don't respond the same way "normal people" respond to these things. It doesn't make you a wimp...just addicted. You probably already know this, I just wanted to remind you...don't feel like you are not tough enough to beat this. You can!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the encouragement..... I have a quick question for anybody. I drank water and ate fruit last night and today and I never drink water. I know I should but I don't. Anyway I came home from work and my pee was orange and now I'm cramping up an have a headache like u wouldn't believe. I have drank lots of water today so I'm cunfused how I could feel dehydrated or is this part of my detox? I just had to crawl in my wife's lap and cry my eyes out I'm hurting so bad. She thinks I have a kidney infection or insomnia so she's not to suspicious yet. So dehydration or detox?

Post subject: WATER
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It is hard to drink too much water - possible but not likely. Thirst is not a guide and hydration is very good.
Try for urine with very little color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I finally slept for two hours but Of course I wake up hurting like hell with 101 fever..... Is the normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Withdrawal messes with our temperature regulation. You can pretty much be assured that anything painful your body is going through is withdrawal related.

I totally understand you wanting to reach for things to make you feel better - pot, cigarettes, tylenol. There are some things that can help take the edge off withdrawal, but for the most part it's one of those things where you gotta bite the bullet. Just remember that it will get better, that it's temporary. The thing about sub and methadone withdrawal that I found most difficult was the fear that it would never end ... I just had no idea how long it would get worse for. But understand it DOES get better. And after it does, it feels like a HUGE weight is off your shoulders. Hang in there, and you'll reap the rewards.

I've probably detoxed over 100 times, no joke. Sure most of them I ended up caving, but I did try to kick heroin / methadone / Sub lots of times. The things that I found helped were taking a bath - if I was feeling hot I'd have a cool bath, then bring the temp back up. If I was cold I'd have a warm bath. Gentle stretches also helped. Lots of water. No cigarettes (as you found out). Also no coffee.

Medication wise - smash some ibuprofen for the muscle aches - high doses of slow release if you can find. If you can find some benzos - valium - that's the way to go, but you gotta be careful with those too. I never really abused benzos so I had no issues. Imodium is good to manage the toilet issues. Clonidine also takes the edge off some symptoms.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good mornin! After my fever spell I drank a big ass power aid and Actually went back to sleep!!!! I did sweat so bad last night my clothes and sheets were soaked like I took a shower and never dried off. BUT I woke up just now and I feel 95% better! I feel like me again. I hope it's not just a phase. This happened one other time I tried to quit. Felt really good and I though hey I got this then the next day it was like hell all over again. I'm gonna stay positive as you all have helped me do and keep thinkin I got this. PAIN IS TEMOPARY! I hope it's over though ha! Today is day 8 with no subs and I hope I never see or touch another one again. Hell I would even go to people and places and warn them about suboxone. Yea it's a great thing to get you off of opiates but I would have rather kicked the opiates cold turkey than going through the pain and suffering I went through. And I was only taking 1-2 mg a day for 6 months. I could not imagine taking 8-16 mg for years! I think it would have killed me. But thanks again you guys and girls. YOU helped me through this when nobody else could. Biggest secret I've ever had and now it's over! No more lying and hiding them and taking them behind peoples back. IT'S OVER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are ya feeling?