It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: PLEASE HELP ME GET OFF !
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Subject is kinda scary, I am not in distress or anything like that. In fact I am living VERY comfortable life. For past 4 years my dose is 4mg a day. I take 1mb in the morning then at work during lunch I take 1mg more. When I get home around 9PM I take another 1MG and then around 12am I take 1mg before I go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

Now everything is fine but one little issue, I still taking poison and still on controlled substance medication. I am 32 years old and I really hope I have all life in front of me. I am really lucky I did not get a single illness or anything during my H run , no Hep C or HIV or anything so beside taking Suboxone I am totally healthy and I really want to keep it this way for decades to come. I really want to have my normal eyes back and not tiny dot I am sure you guys understand what I am taken about. Early mornings in dark bathroom I can see my pupils are normal size and I really love to have them back permanently.

Is there a somewhat proven structure on how to get off cause I am very busy person and I can't just get off for a month or something. I am 32, 6.4 hight and 200lb if dosing vs weight matters .. so any help will be really appreciated. Also one thing my insurance forced me to get from pills to film , same thing for me really but they no longer paying for pills and I am on strips not if that matters.

Any questions please let me know and once again please help me get off this and just finally forget about all this.

Thank you !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey divxclub,

Welcome to the forum!

Tapering is usually the best way to get off Suboxone and with where your dose is at, I'd suggest you cut your daily dose by about 10% at a time. You could take about .5mg off any one of your 4 daily doses and start there. Once you cut your dose down, stay there for a week or so or until you feel stable again, then cut your daily dose again.

I never did taper, so these numbers I'm throwing out are just general guidelines. Hopefully someone who has tapered will swing by and give you their approach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello again Divxclub,

This is actually in reply to your other post -

You've said you have absolutely no negative symptoms on suboxone and that's great! I understand you're looking to quit, you can read my thread on how to tackle the issue in a rather stupid manor. If you're not experiencing any negatives on Suboxone however I would highly suggest tapering.

Hopespring & Diary of a quitter have posts in this forum about quitting on long term tapers. They've both done excellent as well. You can manage to make most of the severe symptoms, not so severe.

Or you can do it like me and Romeo the poster above did & just jump. You'll need to be absolutely dedicated in each aspect. You have to really WANT to quit. Or be free from this drug. I don't suggest our method, I would really suggest the taper. If you don't think you can taper I would give some great advice I read and learn to taper. It takes dedication. A lot of dedication. But it can be done.

Either way you pick you'll have plenty of support here buddy. A lot of us understand everything you may potentially go through. It's not fun, but its do-able.

Let us know,

-WTBF

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you very much for your replies but if possible can I get some details because of this specific things. One thing I can't and I KNOW I WILL NOT be able to handle is lack of sleep. I remember back in a day when I was using I had no money to buy more I could not sleep at all, I Was sick as MF and simply could not sleep to matter what and that was hell for me. And even now sometimes I forgot to take a dose and when going to sleep I simply can't fall a sleep then I remembering bingo I forgot to take night dose. So I guess what I am asking is I really don't mind spending a year on quitting, I guess my question is Is there a way to temper slow and without much suffering and if it's impossible how can I get around this in terms of let's say sleeping may be some medication or something, I mean how about some Propofol or something ? I am just saying that sleep for me is something that I am really worry about. Another thing I am owner of business and I'll not be able to just take of from work and I have to work and stuff so ifs there anything in that perspective. Basically I need some specific things I need to know before starting this. Also. I am receiving 8MG film and right now what I do is this. I take one strip and cut it in half, so this half is for a whole day. I also cut that half in 4. Morning, Lunch, Evening and Night.

P.S.

Are you surprise that I have no effects ? IS this not common and people do get drowsy and stuff cause I know few people and they are all just like me no problems at all, perhaps some energy if working late but other than that they are all good.

Thank you guys !