It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I'm new to this forum I found it while searching the internet for taper guides/charts.
I've been on suboxone tablets for a year now, I've tapered from 8mg to 3mg over the course of three months, and I didn't experience any HUGE w/d from that, a little bit of aches and pains but nothing horrible.

I need to get from the 3mg down to 0 within a month and a half (i have enough subs left for 6 weeks if I were taking a 1/2 a day but i'm taking a little under a half leaving me at 3mg a day) because I want this to be my final RX for suboxone. I am done with this drug, and I am ready to finally not be dependent upon a substance to feel normal each day. I am just looking for advice on how to taper/things that have worked for you/what to expect, ect. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place or theres a thread just like this, I am just typing this and posting it very quickly before work. Thank you all for the help in advance! 8)

Last edited by meghanadele on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi meghanadele, welcome to the forum!!

An aggressive taper of 25% drops every week would put you around .7mg in 6 weeks. (3mg, 2.25mg, 1.7mg, 1.25mg, 1mg, .7mg). You would more than likely feel every drop and not be stabilized before your next drop which isn't a good taper.

If I were you, I'd go to one more appointment then you'd be able to taper at a much more reasonable pace over the next 10 weeks or so.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

meghanadele wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this forum I found it while searching the internet for taper guides/charts.
I've been on suboxone tablets for a year now, I've tapered from 8mg to 3mg over the course of three months, and I didn't experience any HUGE w/d from that, a little bit of aches and pains but nothing horrible.

I need to get from the 3mg down to 0 within a month and a half because I want this to be my final RX for suboxone. I am done with this drug, and I am ready to finally not be dependent upon a substance to feel normal each day. I am just looking for advice on how to taper/things that have worked for you/what to expect, ect. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place or theres a thread just like this, I am just typing this and posting it very quickly before work. Thank you all for the help in advance! 8)

Hey meghandadele! You posted in exactly the right place! Welcome!! You'll find lots of wisdom and support here if you stick around. Romeo has given good advice if you can do it. However you choose to do it, keep posting!!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi