It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:52 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hi all. i just returned from my pharmacy for a refill and i feel like a big pile of shit. i have no insurance, so i get 1 week supply at a time, never any problems. tonite though, my normal pharmacist wasnt there, but one that i have dealt with before was, and havent had any issues, til now. he spent a long time at the computer after i told him who i was, in which i knew wasnt a good sign. he asked me which script i needed filled{i only have 1} and proceeded to tell me in the future that i cannot fill like i have been, they are being cracked down on. he also said 'controlled substance' 4 times very loudly until i called him on it. he said i have been getting 2 or 3 at a time, i get 14 per week. when i corrected him on this, he got stuffy, like i wasnt understanding him. i have come a long way thanks to suboxone and feel really good about myself. tonite i cant even hold my head up and face people, like i am a piece of shit. can anyone give supportive words? thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Uggh.
Im sorry you were treated that way!!!!
I filled the SAME way the first six months, before I got the perscription asst thing. SOMEtimes, I could only get 6 or WHATever I could afford, it really SHOULD NOT matter, at least thats what the doctor told me!! He even offered to write smaller scripts, IF it did become a problem!!

YOU know your doing your BEST, and obviously you've made the right decision for you and your family!!! :wink:
so who cares what the high-paid secretary thinks!!!! LOL
thats just a joke, I like my 'regular' pharmacist too!!

Anyways, your not the only person that has to fill thier script this way, and I'll be back in the same boat come october

it just sucks that some people dont WANT to understand how much suboxone helps some of us!!!!!
I'll be your trunk monkey ANY day!!!
(remember those commercials??)

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi pug -

I'm so sorry that asshole, judgmental pharmacist treated you like such shit. Try not to take it in. His attitude reflects HIS OWN PERSONAL ISSUES, NOT YOURS. Try to remember that.

Have you considered speaking to the pharmacist you usually deal with about this incident? If you normally deal with him and he's kind and considerate and protects your privacy, it might not be a bad idea to discuss this with him. That pharmacist needs to be called out on his bad behavior, otherwise he will just continue to treat you (and others!) like that. Someone needs to let his employers know how poorly he's doing his job (not to mention violating HIPAA practices by shouting about your meds so others can hear him).

Again, remember that this is HIS problem, not YOURS. Keep your chin up and walk tall.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Pugmommy,

Screw that guy!!! I filled my subs the same way you did for a long time.. Don't even let him get you down-you've come soooo far it's amazing.. One of the things we have to deal with is that perception of addicts.. That guy was just ignorant- lucky for him he doesn't have to battle this dreaded disease (yet, anyway.. hopefully he never will) so he really doesn't understand..

Hat makes a great point - you might want to consider mentioning it to your regular pharmacist.. He might have just been having a bad day (it happens to all of us) but he should at least be made aware that his words & actions are hurtful.. There are pharmacies out there that will treat you nice.. If you do decide to talk to your regular pharmacist about it and still aren't comfortable you might consider switching pharmacies (check your contract with your sub dr 1st- some require you to notify them of any changes like that)..

Stay positive- we know there's gonna be days like that but the important thing is you're on the right track.. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thank you so much for the responses. right after this happened last night, i immediatly wanted to tell my new friends here on this forum, i knew you would understand! i had 30 left on my script when i had him fill last night, i got them all out cuz i am going on vacation, but i waited til this mornin to pick up cuz i didnt want to wait. after getting lectured, he said he would go against rules and fill it. i went in this morning to find that he aborted it! my regular pharmacist was there and when he checked the computer and saw what happened, he was just shaking his head. he also said i could keep on filling like i was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

pugmommy wrote:
thank you so much for the responses. right after this happened last night, i immediatly wanted to tell my new friends here on this forum, i knew you would understand! i had 30 left on my script when i had him fill last night, i got them all out cuz i am going on vacation, but i waited til this mornin to pick up cuz i didnt want to wait. after getting lectured, he said he would go against rules and fill it. i went in this morning to find that he aborted it! my regular pharmacist was there and when he checked the computer and saw what happened, he was just shaking his head. he also said i could keep on filling like i was.

I did this for a very long time (filling only a couple at a time, as I could afford)...when I was without insurance..

I managed to find out about the Patient Assistance Program, and got into that ....and was the first person to do it with the doctor I'm with now..he had never heard of it..until me...

But when the Patient Assistance Program ran out on me, which was 10-months after I got on it even though they tell you it's a 1-year program..and when it ran out, I was in a pickle...

no insurance...unemployment was in that "political battlezone" where they just wanted to fight and not agree to give us our benefits...so I was almost out, and so was my wife...

So living on unemployment, benefits ran out on me first, no insurance...and having to buy Suboxone at full price...plus I had 3 kids ...it was TOUGH.

I bought sometimes 2 pills..enough for 1 day...
Pharmacist was a GREAT friend and understood. One evening I had called in 5 pills...and I couldn't get to the pharmacy in time to pick them up before they closed...so I asked the pharmacist to leave them at the front of the store (this is a Fred's)...so he did..it wasn't unusual for me to request that...
Well, I made it up to Fred's around 7pm...the pharmacy had closed at 6:30...and the guy had forgot to leave them for me. He filled them, but forgot to drop them at the counter up front...so I drove up for no reason.
I was a little irritated, but not bad...
Next morning I went in to get those..and the guy INSISTED that I take $10 for my gas (this was +/- 2 years ago when gas was HIGH)
I tried to turn it down, and when I wouldn't take the money, he just took $10 off of the cost...
There aren't many left like these people I'm speaking of...the older generation of pharmacists, those who actually CARE and keep up with who comes in, is a dying breed. Now it's these young, fresh outta college punks who just wanna make a payday and most of them have some holier than thou attitude about their job like it takes a real rocket scientist to punch stuff into a computer and count some pills out...the hardest part of a pharmacist's job, I would imagine, would be reading some of the doctor's scribble they call handwriting....
I'm left-handed so I have that "doctor" signature that sometimes only I can interpret...

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:07 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hi Johnathon! you are sooo right. my normal pharmacist is an older gentleman. its like these new punks have nothing better to do than pick on us. are things better for you now? i have been following your story and am glad your wife came back and you have a baby girl. ya, as Amber stated, r&bs year is 10 months, i hope you get on again. my doc has no room on his program, but is writing generic subutex. i dont take much, have 2 pugs not kids, and am building my clientele {again} as a stylist in a new area, so moneys not so much of an issue anymore. not as bad as some folks, anyway. thanks Amber-Hat-Nogroovin-johnathon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

pugmommy wrote:
hi Johnathon! you are sooo right. my normal pharmacist is an older gentleman. its like these new punks have nothing better to do than pick on us.

I know you guys said "most", and there's always exceptions but I just wanted to give my pharmacy some credit.. They had a couple young girls as the pharmacists assistants- prolly no older than 18-19- and they always took the time to go on the computer and find me the cheapest way possible to purchase it.. On the rare occasions these girls couldn't find me a deal they'd either call me and tell me what day I was able to get a discount, or wait till I got there to see if I only needed a couple to get me thru until they would honor the coupon and fill it right then real fast..This is a rite aid too, imagine that!!!

Thanks to these girls I don't think I ever paid more than $5 per film. That's still not cheap but here in the northeast the best price you can get without a discount is around $7.50 per- usually higher..

Hang in there Pugmommy, and don't be afraid to change pharmacies if you have to.. It's your hard earned $ and they should be grateful you're CHOOSING to spend it there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

pugmommy- i don't no what your age is weather it matter's or not. but if your younger they may give some grief.
other wise next time tell the fuck heads to stop holding you up for there is other patients to tend to :x one's i notice any of that
shit from them 'i give a nice pies of my mind back. but there pretty cool to me now and i get top service :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

isnt it something how we have to stick up for ourselves to get respect? because of this med, we have self respect again. nogroovin, you are right about the real young ones. the ones i always have issues with are the 30 somethings. the older dudes just "do their job". thanks again to all of you!