It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am switching from subutex to a full agonist under a doctors care due to major back problems. I was put on a taper going down in two week intervals with a target of 8 mg a day for two weeks and then stopping completely 2 days prior to the switch. I thought less is better so I threw out all my sub except enough to take 4 mg a day till my appointment. The problem is the pain management doctor has moved my appointment out one week. So now I'm up a Creek. I will be out of sub late Sunday (that's dropping to 2 mg a day) and don't have my appointment till Friday. I Don't Think I Can go 5 days without. I have a bout 12 7.5 vicoden and 10 5 mg vicoden. Can I switch to those tomorrow and then stop Monday night and switch back to my last two doses of sub Tuesday and Wednesday (after with drawls start of course)? I'm really not sure what to do. I cant go to my pain management doc Friday with vicoden in my system and am pretty sure they are expecting to see bup. Help please.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If I were you I'd just start taking small pieces of sub. Cut them into 8 pieces and take 1mg a day to get by instead of 8mg a day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've gone down to 2 mg. But I'm Not Sure How I would do on 1. 2 just barely keeps me sane. If you read my post carefully I am not and was not doing 8, I was told to do 8 but I wanted to be further along so I went to 4. And threw out the rest. Regardless thank you for your input.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Im sorry, I did misunderstand.

It may not be what you WANT to do, but what you need to do. You can take vicodin for the first few days when you're feeling shitty. But taking much less than you want to is far better than nothing for several days. Especially since you won't have any in your system for the doctor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your reply, I took your advise and have broken little pieces. I had one little piece just now and I have one left. I am going to try and save it for tomorrow. At least if i do that I only have to go two full days without. It will suck. But it could always be worse! :wink: