It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:39 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Wow! I have read several posts where people have admitted being intoxicated :twisted:
when posting something. We are here to help each other with staying sober :!:
Please respect us or go somewhere else :x

Post subject: I agree
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you LifeIzgut,

I back you up 100%. This forum is an excellent way to seek help. The members are wonderful, decent, sincere people. I already feel so comfortable opening up to my friends here. I come here to vent, to share good news, to ask for help if I have a problem.

For someone to post negative things and disrespectful things is totally unfair to those of us who are fighting this battle so hard.

Thank you for keeping our house clean. I will help clean with you.

Good luck and keep up the fight.

Love & Hope, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I totally understand where you are coming from. Just keep in mind that not everyone here who has given up opiates is going the total abstinence route. Now that doesn't mean they should post when they are drunk. But complete sobriety is not necessarily the ultimate goal for everyone here, nor should it necessarily be. Like I said though, I hear you and I understand where you're coming from. What you're saying is probably best for this forum. I just wanted to point out that total sobriety doesn't apply to everyone.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 am 
AMEN!! Hat i actually think this is reffering to the drunk people giving out very dangerous advice as if he could care less for anyone on here. Although i do see your point hat. At best, i think if they are drunk they should keep it to themselves instead of blaming their post comments on being drunk. Woops was i do blunt? Im sorry haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I absolutely agree with you, Lifesaver. I only wanted to point out, in general, that complete sobriety doesn't apply to everyone, nor should it. That said, this is not the place to come when someone is high or drunk. People rely on this forum for accurate information as well as plenty of support in their recovery. Being drunk or high when posting can easily reduce the quality/credibility of this forum and we certainly don't want to do that.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Without having read the posts you are referencing, I would like to make an exception. There are people who are still using heroin or painkillers and who would LIKE to GET help from us and clearly, they will be high until they figure out a program. That is totally fine with me and I want those people to continue feeling comfortable posting.

Also, I still drink on occasion. But if I ever feel the need to let you all know that I am "drunk" then I would think I drank way too much and you should all jump my case quickly and in a very personal way and tell me I am screwing myself up.

Thanks!
Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:58 am 
Jackcrack:

This person made the excuse of ,"he was drunk" is why he acted like an ass or something to that affect. He blamed the fact that he gave a bunch of innappropriate responses on being drunk. An most definitely gave some not so great advice in my opinion all because he was drunk as he said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Obviously, common sense comes in to play here. We all know that people are going to come here "high" very frequently. They are looking at subxone as a possible way out of the hell of active addiction, and we all know that they are going to be under the influence when posting here BEFORE they get on subxone, that's unavoidable.

However, Hatmaker makes a very good point in that not everyone is here to become completely 100% abstinent from all substances. Nor should that be a requirement for posting on this forum.

But at the same time, I agree that folks should avoid posting here when they are intoxicated to the point that impulse control and common sense have left them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea I agree we need to watch what some people post but at the same time other members are coming on hear high on opiates fed up with the life and are looking for help. So see both sides, but one thing I’m getting sick of are the people coming on hear saying they want to get clean and took sub from the streets but a day later they post how long do they have to wait to be able to take opiates again. Or maybe it’s just me but I’ve also notice a lot of talk about snorting suboxone lately! I don’t know I understand people wanting help but im sick of people using us to figure out when they could take their next fix after taking sub off the streets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bboy42287 wrote:
Yea I agree we need to watch what some people post but at the same time other members are coming on hear high on opiates fed up with the life and are looking for help. So see both sides, but one thing I’m getting sick of are the people coming on hear saying they want to get clean and took sub from the streets but a day later they post how long do they have to wait to be able to take opiates again. Or maybe it’s just me but I’ve also notice a lot of talk about snorting suboxone lately! I don’t know I understand people wanting help but im sick of people using us to figure out when they could take their next fix after taking sub off the streets!

I hear that, it's also pretty sad when people just want to get off suboxone to get "high" again... So you go threw the process and fight with the motivation to get high again. Everyone makes their own decisions in life but it just makes me feel sorry for their poor choices. If someone can get off suboxone and use occasionally good for them but thats like a .0000001 % chance and 99.99% chance of sending them back to where they wanted to get away from. :? I have plans to not even drink until my WD's and PAWS are completely gone so my body can realize TRUE sobriety before throwing more junk in to it just to have one night of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 am 
junkie781 wrote:
Obviously, common sense comes in to play here. We all know that people are going to come here "high" very frequently. They are looking at subxone as a possible way out of the hell of active addiction, and we all know that they are going to be under the influence when posting here BEFORE they get on subxone, that's unavoidable.

However, Hatmaker makes a very good point in that not everyone is here to become completely 100% abstinent from all substances. Nor should that be a requirement for posting on this forum.

But at the same time, I agree that folks should avoid posting here when they are intoxicated to the point that impulse control and common sense have left them.

Amen to that right on the money.