It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Please answer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This may sound stupid but I was wanting to know if it's possible for after being on subs for three months and trying to quit and not wanting to go through withdraw for a long time if you can transition back to opioids? And just go through three or four days of hell as opposed to a month. If so how long would you have to keep off subs for? Is three weeks long enough? I took one 8 mg strip for three months straight and withdraw really wasn't bad but the anxiety and no sleep was awful and I'd rather go through three days of hell then a month of that. Is what I'm suggesting possible. And I just want to know if it's feasible not that this is addict behavior. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Please answer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi A, sorry I didn't reply sooner.

I think what you are talking about is possible in principle (I use to do something similar while trying to get off heroin using other types opiates bought off the grid), but it's not recommended if you're serious about quitting. You may just end up substituting one addiction for another (which is what happen to me).

Three months is short-term, and my addiction doc told me that she's had a number of patients get off short-term Subs use pretty much pain free. I've always been a total suck about withdrawals. Getting off Subs isn't the easiest thing I've ever done, but I've been an opiate user for more than 1/3rd of my life.

It might be pretty easy for you.

-- ji

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been hooked on heroin for years now,I've made several attempts to get clean from H and methadone,the withdrawals I can just about cope with,it's the days of insomnia that made me crack every time,if my doc wud just have gave me sum thing to assist with the insomnia I think I might have just made it

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know some people had success using that method. It didn't work for me because I have little will power and every time I felt sick from the short acting pills leaving my body id pop a hydro... To me popping 5-6 hydro a day to ward off wd and depression is an active addiction...essentially I was just restarting my pill habit since hydro is my DOC. Although I went from 3 mg subs so maybe if you wean to a lower dose it may work.. Like 1 mg or .5.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wassup csinny,
Hay whatever gets u thru the detox is ok by me,then u can worry about that later and stronger