It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Please advise me
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Before I start, I would like to point out that I do realize how obvious it is that I shouldn't be on sub any more.

Ive taken suboxone since I was a sophomore in high school and I'm 25 years old now. So about ten years I guess.

I started taking it because it gave me confidence and got rid of my social anxiety. Not only that, it numbed me out so I started working harder and harder when I started. Not two weeks after I started taking it I got promoted to supervisor at work. Yes it was a high school job, but this just shows how much motivation and drive it gave me.

So, ten years later and I still try to keep my dosage as minimal as possible, because I know how easy it is to bump my tolerance up.

my point is, even keeping it at doing a quarter of one a day, I can literally (ive only tried this once so I wouldn't ruin my tolerance) pop three of them sublingually and it does not do a damn thing.

A friend of mine suggested that I take a day off and find some percs or hydros to rip the binders off my receptors or something like that. I can honestly say that I would not slip into opiate addiction like you would expect.

So, would this theory work? if I start taking percs or hydros for a couple weeks or days, will I feel my suboxone again?

To be completely honest, I went from literally being the hardest worker ever, only working two jobs my whole life, extremely reliable- to demoting myself due to laziness and the knowing that myself couldn't handle the stress of a more difficult job position. Then it got s bad that I couldn't even get the motivation to get out of bed and go to work, lost that job....

So I go back to my first job and move back with my parents. Never even enjoyed smoking pot in my life, but it helps the back pain that comes with not feeling my suboxone.

long story short, lost that job for smoking pot.

PLEASE! a thousand times- help me feel my suboxone again- I cant live life like this

Post subject: Re: Please advise me
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ummm...please clarify this for me. Are you coming on a forum for people in recovery and asking us how to help you abuse Suboxone?? Your story is our story-it is how most of our addictions started. If that is what you are asking for advice on, you are in the wrong place, my dear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I guess I just wrongly assumed a forum based website literally titled "suboxone talk zone" was the correct place to find an answer to why I cant feel my suboxone any more.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, I'm not going to give you advice on how to abuse it, like I wrote we are in recovery. We use Suboxone as a tool for our recovery, like we use this forum too. You aren't supposed to 'feel' Suboxone, that is the whole point of taking it. We are done being high, we just want to feel like normal folks. It puts our active addiction in remission so we can put our lives together with out the obsession of our addiction. During this time, we can now do the work-learning our triggers and find tools on how to cope with life on life's terms without being high. You are on your way to addiction, my friend, if not there already. But now you will not be able to use Suboxone as your tool. There is a thread on here by brainpower, he was addicted to Suboxone. I suggest you read it.

P.S. Yes, you assumed wrong.
That is why when you register, there are a few paragraphs above-they explain what this forum is for and the rules and such

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:08 pm 

It sounds like you started out abusing suboxone and you don't know how to live in recovery. It is not in the nature of buprenorphine to get a certain feeling from it. I'm not saying it doesn't ever happen, just that is not typical and that long term use of it almost always results in a normal feeling. Meanwhile, your brain is no longer used to using natural neurochemicals to achieve motivation and drive. Your brain on sub is in an unnatural state.

Now, for those of us who are recovery opioid addicts, who were abusing heroin, fentanyl, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc, our brains are already in an unnatural state. Burprenorphine provides us a stepping stone toward normalcy.

In other words, we are using buprenorphine in an entirely different way for entirely different reasons than you are. Therefore, we may not be able to answer the questions you have.

Most have us have worked hard to get to where we are in recovery. So it's not that we don't want to help you, but that we can't. Plus we would really like to see you get help toward your own recovery. Because you started out abusing buprenorphine, you won't be able to use it to get off opioids. We don't really know how to help you. I'm sorry about that.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The most ridiculous part of your comment is "I can honestly say that I would not slip into opiate addiction like you would expect." Um, how, exactly, do you know that? You are saying you don't function well without being under the influence of a drug, and your inability to 'feel' buprenorphine says to me that you are more tolerance than you think... those are two criteria for addiction right there. Add the escalation of use, or seeking higher and higher amounts (like wanting to get that extra kick from oxycodone), spending more time on drugs (how much time did you spend on this mission so far?), and repeately using even after consequences (like the job lot to THC), and congrats-- you're addicted!

People argue whether one can become 'addicted' to buprenorphine, and you are showing how that is done-- e.g. by taking a sub-threshold dose.

The other comments on this thread are correct-- and appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Occasionally people come along to this forum and post things like this to try and de-legitimise the proper use of Suboxone and try to make people feel guilty for taking Suboxone properly as prescribed.

I wonder OP is up to something like that.

If it is legit, then alexisnotmyname looks like you're trying to go the wrong direction. Most people on Suboxone use it to step away from more damaging opioids like heroin, oxycodone etc. Seems you're using Suboxone as an entry-level opioid and you're heading in the wrong direction.

I had a friend on the phone who is abusing codeine / acetaminophen beg me to bring them Suboxone lastnight so they can feel that buzz again. I told them to not be an idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey TeeJay,

I agree. Assuming the poster was in the US, imo since most are, and OP at age 25, said started at bup as sophmore in high school is US age 15-16. I didn't get thru all of the bup products info selling in the US - brand and generic - but several say US age needs to be = or > 18.... One EU product selling in the EU stated age 15...

Here, I often have the weird feeling that a poster -- is an imposter, a sham -- a journalist fishing or a MAD family member or ???? and are fishing for a CATCH -- a GOTCHA moment ---- If so -- so SAD they're doing it here where we are on the side of medicine and science... and keeping folks healthy, happy, functioning and contributing to life, families, jobs, their neighborhood...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:46 am 

I often get 'red flags' pop into my head on certain posts, kind of like a sixth sense or something lol. Sometimes I'm wrong. When ur reading a post and u say to urself..... what, this doesn't seem right..... then usually it's not right.

There are ppl that get banned and can come bk as a whole new persona just to cause trouble. There's ppl that's so angry at buprenorphine they want to argue and hand out insults. There's ppl that like to taunt until they get a response and watch the sparks fly. It's crazy, to have that much time on their hands but it absolutely happens. Amy and I have discussed this several times lol and there definitely are ppl who come here just to be negative and start issues. They don't last long though :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:30 am 

I usually am feeling warning signs after the poster accuses me of trying to be the god of suboxone. :P

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy!
Ha! Yep! Altho you DO know a ton about it! And addiction. You bravely waded in w that poster and tried to help. It did help readers coming after tho! P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A wrong turn can mess your life!! but this forum is for all those using suboxone as a recovery tool...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Jenn jenn! And Amy you're not the God of suboxone? What am I gonna do now?! Lol. But seriously, a lot of great comments to this ridiculous question.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:25 pm 

pugmommy wrote:
Hi Jenn jenn! And Amy you're not the God of suboxone? What am I gonna do now?! Lol. But seriously, a lot of great comments to this ridiculous question.

I guess it was premature to have you guys worship me.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, I worship you Amy, I worship you!!!

I worship you because you are a fighter like the rest of us here. I worship you because you use Suboxone like the rest of us do. We use it to get that devil out of our system, to live a normal life and not a life of torture and lying and putting poison into our system.

This so-called Alexisnotmyname sounds fishy to me. I never got a high from Suboxone. I remember my first dose made me feel so much better(a slight buzz) but that was it. All I have felt is normal and normal is good enough for me and is all I want.

This is my second home and I want it to stay neat & clean. Anyone coming here to cause trouble or discord has come to the wrong house.

I love you all.

Queenie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:25 pm 

Queenie, you make me laugh! :lol: I so appreciate everyone's sense of humor around here. Anyone who actually worships me or anyone else on the forum needs to have their head examined. :P

However, I do find that coming to the forum gives me a peaceful place to commune with my fellow addicts and draw strength from our common purpose and our individual stories of hope. There is plenty of power in our intergenerational desire for positive change. If I had to call this place my sacred space that would be A OK with me. I wish my fellow congregants well.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:29 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
I usually am feeling warning signs after the poster accuses me of trying to be the god of suboxone. :P

Amy

that's obviously way off base. you would be goddess of suboxone. geesh people, get it right :)