It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My plan did not work :(
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So yesterday I took 0.5mg sticking to my plan around 12:00pm.
I felt fine, went to sleep around 10ish pm last night.
Woke up around 5:30 am with horrible aches from head to toe and freezing.
I thought I may have been running a fever because that's what it felt like.
Along with having a sinus infection I thought that it could be the cause.
So I took my temp and it read simply 95.1, very regulated temperature for just waking up.
So then I knew I wasn't running a fever and the chills and aches were not coming from one.
Sigh* So I bumped myself back up to 1mg which I took at 6:00am.
I bumped back up to 1mg because I may have tried to come off just a little to fast.
I will start my plan over and start halving them again.
Maybe today was actually my 4th day (the worst of the w/d's) in which I thought was yesterday.
I don't know for sure but time will tell.

Would love to hear your comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't worry about it. I believe you can still continue to taper down and spread out your doses. You can still make this plan work. It's important to be flexible and to listen to your body - which it sounds like you are doing. So hang in there and give it just a tad more time.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Don't beat yourself up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

One thing I've learned about tapering is you have to be flexible. It won't always go the way you think it should or the way you want it to. There's a victory in relinquishing total control over something and listening to your body. Keep heading in the right direction and you will eventually get there. The whole point of Suboxone to taper off full agonist opiates is to be more comfortable. If you are super uncomfortable, then the whole point is defeated. Can you try doing what Hat said? Space out your doses. Write down when you dosed. You should be able to start going longer and longer in between dosing and eventually you can actually switch to only taking .25 mg at a time. Maybe this is going to take a bit longer than you thought, but who cares? You'll end up in the same place anyway. What about keeping a 5-day moving average? Do you know what I mean? You can do this very easily in Excel, but you can do it with a calculator if you don't know Excel. The point of that is that you would be able to see that your average dose, over 5 days, is moving downward. Then, you'll know you are making progress. Just a thought.

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the comments... it's really comforting. After my dose this morning most of the aches went away but some are lingering so I'm actually thinking that I might be a little under the weather.
So I decided to get some dayquil and take it with ibuprofin to see if it will help with the aches.

As for logging times and doses... luckily they are all posted here on the forum lol.
I do know how to use Excel I am actually a Computer Geek... Programmer/Web Developer.

I will keep you posted.