It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know how else to put it ReRaise - but you just have not been yourself lately. Are you doing okay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Its ok im done with the topic i said what i had to say. It just gets hard to support ANYBODY not just libra but everyone who changes his or her story so much to the point were you want to help them but after a while the only way to that is point out there wrongs.

And i do apologize for being so harsh an its prolly to late but thats just the type of person i am when it gets to a certain point were every day its something different or another excuse. and i have def notice i do have to work on it b4 i accept a job. its just hard for me cause i was the same way and the only way i finally realized i was wrong when my theraphist had enough of my lies and called me out on all my BS. at first i wanted to rip his head off but once i cooled off a lil bit i realized how right he was. and its a lil different cause i have seen him for a long time so he can talk to me a certain way like i did in this thread but i should realize i dont know libra an should of taken a different course to try an point out certain things. Pretty much what my threaphist did was listen to all my lies and bullshit for so long it got to the point were it was time to put up or shut up but hes not gonna listen to my bs no more and show me how it is instead of me blameing everyone else for my addiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:09 pm 
Yes ,"There is something to be said for allowing someone off the hook with a little bit of grace". I guess we should all learn to take our own advice.

Last edited by Lilly on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:03 pm 
Wow! I just can't keep silent any longer!
Libra....I'm sorry you've been taken to task so harshly here. I don't care how messed up some of your thinking may (or may not) be and how much denial (or not) you may still need to work through in terms of your addictive behavior. You have not deserved to be berated, chastised, and essentialy raked over the coals for your thoughts and behaviors at this point. You are quite new to this whole recovery thing. And as far as I'm concerned......everybody needs to cut you some serious slack!
And you're not the only one. I've seen so much hatefulness on this board lately that I'm personally sorely disappointed. I've been the brunt of it before myself. I used to be a moderator here and was 'demoted' because of some comments that I made that came across as harsh. I corrected a poster who, in my opinion, misstated her position in the medical field. In hindsight, I can now see that I was wrong and that pointing that out publicly on the forum was hurtful and unnessary and have since apologized. In my opinion, what I was guilty of was quite minor when compared with what I've seen here lately, not only on your thread but on several others. What gives anyone the right to take a member's post and pick it apart with line-by-line quotes, essentially blasting every word along with calling out misspelled words and pretty much calling the poster a liar?! That is so over the top.....I can't even believe it! And this coming from myself who is certainly not the most soft-spoken and sugar-coating poster around! But, my gosh.....give people a break. I'm appalled really. If we are really here to help....I serioulsy doubt that blasting people with how foolish and 'off' they are with everything they say is hardly the way to help a fellow addict.
Libra.....you're new to all this. You have work to do and there is obviously some things you need to work on. But you're so new to all this. I don't believe that you are intentionally going about this in all the wrong ways. You just need some guidance......gentle, kind guidance. You've been at this a while. You're not stupid and I have a pretty good sense that you know that some of what you've been up to is well, 'shadey' and not conducive to progressive into a real healthy and strong recovery. But it takes time. It takes a lot of introspection and a lot of work to get to the place where you can see things for what they really are. No doubt, you're still up to some stuff that qualifies as 'addictive behavior' and some that is even illegal, or at the least irresponsible and lacking in morals and ethics. But, hey, that's what we addicts do....until we start to get better. And this does not happen overnight. Some of the people who have come down so hard on you have been at this recovery thing for quite a while. It seems they have forgotten all the crappy things they did before they became some 'enlightened.' I have not forgotten. I am a work in progress. I don't agree with some of the stuff you've been up to, but that's between you and your doctors and your higher power. They can say it's all in the name of "not wanting you to die" and I agree with that.....I certainly don't want you to dies either. But I'd like to be a part in gently guiding you to do better, not slamming the crap out of you and telling you what a fool and a liar you are.
In short......No one here is better than anyone else. I'd love for you to stick around and not give up on our ability to help you because you've been called out harshly. Sometimes it's baby steps, especially at first. I hope you'll keep putting one foot in front of the other and know that we care. Even the ones who have been so hard on you....care. Please hang in there and take things one step at a time. And know that you can have life without all these drugs. And it will be better. It just takes time....a long time.
I'm pulling for you. Hope you'll hang in there and let us keep trying to help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Agreed......great thoughts Setmefree. Libra I will give you an A for the name of this thread it has truly been everything and more when one thinks of PISSED OFF!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

setmefree wrote:
Wow! I just can't keep silent any longer!
Libra....I'm sorry you've been taken to task so harshly here. I don't care how messed up some of your thinking may (or may not) be and how much denial (or not) you may still need to work through in terms of your addictive behavior. You have not deserved to be berated, chastised, and essentialy raked over the coals for your thoughts and behaviors at this point. You are quite new to this whole recovery thing. And as far as I'm concerned......everybody needs to cut you some serious slack!
And you're not the only one. I've seen so much hatefulness on this board lately that I'm personally sorely disappointed. I've been the brunt of it before myself. I used to be a moderator here and was 'demoted' because of some comments that I made that came across as harsh. I corrected a poster who, in my opinion, misstated her position in the medical field. In hindsight, I can now see that I was wrong and that pointing that out publicly on the forum was hurtful and unnessary and have since apologized. In my opinion, what I was guilty of was quite minor when compared with what I've seen here lately, not only on your thread but on several others. What gives anyone the right to take a member's post and pick it apart with line-by-line quotes, essentially blasting every word along with calling out misspelled words and pretty much calling the poster a liar?! That is so over the top.....I can't even believe it! And this coming from myself who is certainly not the most soft-spoken and sugar-coating poster around! But, my gosh.....give people a break. I'm appalled really. If we are really here to help....I serioulsy doubt that blasting people with how foolish and 'off' they are with everything they say is hardly the way to help a fellow addict.
Libra.....you're new to all this. You have work to do and there is obviously some things you need to work on. But you're so new to all this. I don't believe that you are intentionally going about this in all the wrong ways. You just need some guidance......gentle, kind guidance. You've been at this a while. You're not stupid and I have a pretty good sense that you know that some of what you've been up to is well, 'shadey' and not conducive to progressive into a real healthy and strong recovery. But it takes time. It takes a lot of introspection and a lot of work to get to the place where you can see things for what they really are. No doubt, you're still up to some stuff that qualifies as 'addictive behavior' and some that is even illegal, or at the least irresponsible and lacking in morals and ethics. But, hey, that's what we addicts do....until we start to get better. And this does not happen overnight. Some of the people who have come down so hard on you have been at this recovery thing for quite a while. It seems they have forgotten all the crappy things they did before they became some 'enlightened.' I have not forgotten. I am a work in progress. I don't agree with some of the stuff you've been up to, but that's between you and your doctors and your higher power. They can say it's all in the name of "not wanting you to die" and I agree with that.....I certainly don't want you to dies either. But I'd like to be a part in gently guiding you to do better, not slamming the crap out of you and telling you what a fool and a liar you are.
In short......No one here is better than anyone else. I'd love for you to stick around and not give up on our ability to help you because you've been called out harshly. Sometimes it's baby steps, especially at first. I hope you'll keep putting one foot in front of the other and know that we care. Even the ones who have been so hard on you....care. Please hang in there and take things one step at a time. And know that you can have life without all these drugs. And it will be better. It just takes time....a long time.
I'm pulling for you. Hope you'll hang in there and let us keep trying to help you.

Setmefree...... thank you. And thank you, too Donh.

Bboy? I am genuinely sorry for the remarks I made about your grammar. It wasn't nice and I AM a nice person. Hell, a judge I worked with had worse grammar than you. Image

I'm tough. I get mad, throw a fit, get over it and I'm fine. Live and let live. Move on. Let bygones be bygones, Yadda yadda.

Seriously though..... Can we lock this thread? I wish I never created it for it has turned into a monster. Me no likey.

Imma outta here. ImageImageImage

Now I'm gonna go post a funny story. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:22 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Lilly wrote:
Yes ,"There is something to be said for allowing someone off the hook with a little bit of grace". I guess we should all learn to take our own advice.

I saw your post before you edited it. It's okay though. I'm used to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I also apologize Libra once a really took a step back and looked at every thing i posted in no way was helpfull an was just plain mean and uncalled for and i truely am very sorry for that. I got in a bad fight with my GF and pretty much brought my anger to this board and i also apologize to all of you for bringing my problems into my post instead of dealing with it the right way.

I really do hope you stick with this site and more so just wanted to let you know its none of my business were you get ANY TYPE OF MEDS PERIOD!

As long as you are happy, healthy and well is what counts and all i can say is keep up the good work glad to see a rapid taper work so well for you!

IM sorry again and will never judge any of you like i did in this thread
Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:58 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Bboy42287 wrote:
I also apologize Libra once a really took a step back and looked at every thing i posted in no way was helpfull an was just plain mean and uncalled for and i truely am very sorry for that. I got in a bad fight with my GF and pretty much brought my anger to this board and i also apologize to all of you for bringing my problems into my post instead of dealing with it the right way.

I really do hope you stick with this site and more so just wanted to let you know its none of my business were you get ANY TYPE OF MEDS PERIOD!

As long as you are happy, healthy and well is what counts and all i can say is keep up the good work glad to see a rapid taper work so well for you!

IM sorry again and will never judge any of you like i did in this thread
Brent

Thank you. It's all good. We all have our moments.

Friends? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:D

Friends all the way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:49 am 
Libra - that's why I edited it - because it wasn't meant to pick on you, and it came out that way (sorry). I wrote it to point out that someone who was saying to let you off the hook on this thread was nailing someone else to the wall on another thread. Honest, it had nothing to do with you and that's why I edited it. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:12 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Lilly wrote:
Libra - that's why I edited it - because it wasn't meant to pick on you, and it came out that way (sorry). I wrote it to point out that someone who was saying to let you off the hook on this thread was nailing someone else to the wall on another thread. Honest, it had nothing to do with you and that's why I edited it. :cry:

I gotcha... I understand. It's no big deal, really! Don't worry about it at all. Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

**Libra** Look I absolutely agree with you that the BS that Dr.D pulled was irresponsible, unethical, childish and oh yeah against the law. :shock: Im proud of you and know that you darlin are a stronger woman than I for not draggin that bitch out of the office by her hair and beating the bijeezus out of her. :evil: And I take personal offense to her pulling that shit 1.) as a fellow recovering opiate addict and 2.) as a medical proffessional, and in my career as a Paramedic even before i myself was an addict i have dealt with many Drug addicts several times i was held up an gunpoint because i carry Class A Controlled Narcotics with me on my truck in my proffession, and have dealt with drug seeking behavior, and NEVER have i pulled the shit that doctor did, never have i broken a HIPPA law or made fun of one of my patients for being an addict, not just because im a proffessional, but because im a human being. :roll: And as far as you filling your perc script and giving them to your mom, the only thing i have to say about that is just be careful not to get caught by doctors or pharmacy, i would just hate to see you get penalized and kicked off your Suboxone treatment for trying to help your mom. :( And yeah we all know you shouldnt be filling your scrpts for narcotics-blah blah blah :roll: you shouldnt be giving your mom your pain medicine-blah blah blah, :roll: however over here in the real world where there is no black and white just grey areas of doing what you have to do because its the "right thing to do", look you know yourself right? you know wether or not your taking the percs or giving to your mom, so just keep doing whatever it is thats keeping you strong, we all do what we can to help when it comes to "our family" and ive been in your exact or very similar situation and made the same choice as you, life is about choices, make the ones that work for you and for the ones around you that you love. Stay Clean Stay Strong and Stay True to You! :wink: