It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

omg this morning i accidently hit my pills into the toilet. they were on my sink next to me without the cap on and i accidently hit them.mi got like 3 days to go b4 my next script im like sweating balls here. i dont think i can rough it out. my doc said if anything ever happened like this to call him and he would see what he would do but i dont want him thinkin something is up. ive been going to him for a year now and never had a situation like this. wut should i do??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Your best course of action is to be honest with him. Where you able to save any of the pills? It never hurts to ask, but be aware that if he does refill your Rx early it will surly be the last time he does so. Just be honest and it will doubly help if you saved even a partial one.

Post subject: ***Butter Fingers***
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:04 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi JiggityJordan,
That is some Shit Luck.... WTF?? Anyways If I were you I would call my Dr. ASAP!!! Tell him the truth and I would think that he will help you? If you have been with the Doc for a year now and no screw up's I can't imagine that he wouldn't help you get thru this time?? Anyway's best of luck and please keep us posted on what happens.....

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:40 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I agree, just tell the truth and, if possible, offer to show him/her one of the jacked up pills. Call your doctor NOW!!

My fear of withdrawal, however, is so intense (because I would lose SO much b/c of it) that I would've dove into the toilet as soon as it happened and started scraping them into the bottle. I would take them, toilet water or not. My desperation stems from the fact that these are my last pills and I'm not going back to the doctor. I can't.

There was a point in time where I probably would've extracted the toilet water and boiled it down so that I could use it as a liquid (if they dissolved before I could get to them). They dissolve really slow, though. Were you really not able to save even a piece of one (I don't think toilet water is really as dirty as we make it out to be).

Let us know what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had a similar situation last year.I dropped my last pill down the drain.Luckily it was only one pill :shock: so I sucked it up and
went to my appointment as per scheduled.I made a point of telling the doctor what happened because I was feeling some withdrawl by the time I saw him. But losing as many as you did,I would call and tell him exactly what happened.There is really no other choice.

Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:38 pm 
I agree with the others....No choice but to tell the truth. I read your post and just shook my head! That is crazy! I wouldn't have even believed you except that it was Sub you dropped in the toilet. I thought only things like Lortab or Percocet got dropped into toilets!! lol!! Surely your doctor will believe you. I have to say, I thought like Cat did....I would've been fishing those pills out of that toilet water!! Not just because they were my last ones, but because they're so dang expensive!! Then I thought....well, maybe it was dirty toilet water. Still....if it were just urine in there, I probably would've fished them out and maybe even considered taking them after a good 'rinse off'!! Then again I was a nurse for many years, so bodily fluids don't gross me out too much, especially urine being one of the 'cleaner' of the bodily fluids! I'm sure you're all good and grossed out with me now!!
Anyway...at the very least, I would have fished them out and put them in a paper towel and a ziplock bag to 'prove' to my doctor that I wasn't lying about it. It's just so unbelievable!!
Bless your heart. I'm sorry that happened to you. Maybe one small lesson to be gleaned from your experience - Keep your Suboxone away from water sources! I keep mine in my bedside table drawer (no young children in the house or anyone else I would worry about getting ahold of them) and I keep a few tablets in a container in a hidey place in my purse (just in case) plus I have gathered a pretty good supply of 'extras' which I keep in a seperate container (labeled properly) in a small safe we keep in the house. I wish everyone's doctor would prescribe them an extra few tablets per month so that they would have a safety net in the event of traveling, having to reschedule a doctor visit, or a toilet tragedy such as the one above.
Anyway, Jiggety, I hope by now you've called the doc and gotten some pills to hold you over. What a deal!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would take a picture of them with my cell phone for proof before the disintegrated. Just me though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 pm 
We're a creative bunch, aren't we?!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

setmefree wrote:
I agree with the others....No choice but to tell the truth. I read your post and just shook my head! That is crazy! I wouldn't have even believed you except that it was Sub you dropped in the toilet. I thought only things like Lortab or Percocet got dropped into toilets!! lol!! Surely your doctor will believe you. I have to say, I thought like Cat did....I would've been fishing those pills out of that toilet water!! Not just because they were my last ones, but because they're so dang expensive!! Then I thought....well, maybe it was dirty toilet water. Still....if it were just urine in there, I probably would've fished them out and maybe even considered taking them after a good 'rinse off'!! Then again I was a nurse for many years, so bodily fluids don't gross me out too much, especially urine being one of the 'cleaner' of the bodily fluids! I'm sure you're all good and grossed out with me now!!
Anyway...at the very least, I would have fished them out and put them in a paper towel and a ziplock bag to 'prove' to my doctor that I wasn't lying about it. It's just so unbelievable!!
Bless your heart. I'm sorry that happened to you. Maybe one small lesson to be gleaned from your experience - Keep your Suboxone away from water sources! I keep mine in my bedside table drawer (no young children in the house or anyone else I would worry about getting ahold of them) and I keep a few tablets in a container in a hidey place in my purse (just in case) plus I have gathered a pretty good supply of 'extras' which I keep in a seperate container (labeled properly) in a small safe we keep in the house. I wish everyone's doctor would prescribe them an extra few tablets per month so that they would have a safety net in the event of traveling, having to reschedule a doctor visit, or a toilet tragedy such as the one above.
Anyway, Jiggety, I hope by now you've called the doc and gotten some pills to hold you over. What a deal!!

I agree 100% you just got to tell the truth. sorry to hear what happent to you, so when they fell in you flushed the toilet right away or panked an picked them out but they were to mushy so u said f$$$ it? But if you really have been seeing this dr for years and never had a failed UA or called for extras i dont see him haveing a problem helping you out. the only thing i would worry about is if the pharmacy would be ok with filling it 3 days early cause it being a Controlled Subtance but if the doc called an let them know what happen theyll make an acception. the reason i quoted this is because i also always have a few extras a month i keep aside for emergencys and my dr actually gives all his paitents a few extra to stock pile hes the only sub doc ive heard of doing this around my area. but ive been seeing him for 3 years and i have stocked close to 200 extra pills wish you were in my area i would def help out any sub paitent to beat the WDS!

But def call your doc man you cant take a chance of the withdrawl beating your mind to the point of relapse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Since we are on the topic of horror stories with pill loss....I will tell you the 2 I have had.

1) Was abbout 4 months into treatment and was on this odd dose where I had to cut them in half all the time. My husband still didn't know. I was at work and I was cutting one in half when this dull knive I was using caused one of the halves to shoot across the desk. I had the knife in my right hand and with my left, instinct caused me to reach out and grab it. When I reached out to grab it before it went behind the desk, I accidentally knocked the whole bottle over with my left sleeve and then all the pills went shooting across the desk. 2 & 1/2 slipped down between the desk and the wall.

Problem was, this desk weighs about 300 pounds and I certainly can't lift or push it. It took 3 moving guys to get it in there. So I looked for anything and everything to get it out. One & 1/2 rolled under the desk and I determined those as lost causes. One I could see. I came in the next day with a coat hanger from home and tried and tried and tried to get that little sucker but there just wasn't enough room for leverage.

My doc didn't believe a damn word I was saying to him even though I had been very good. He said "I don't believe you. Explain to me how that could happen"! So I put my pill bottle on his desk and showed him exactly how it happened and he shut his mouth. I think it was believable because I was able to show him so quickly HOW it happened since it ACTUALLY happened.

The second time was because I was visiting my mom & dad. They didn't know at that time that I was on it. So when I went out back to smoke I would take them with me and take it there where no one could see. I got one out of the bottle and it slipped out of my hands, down the crack of the wood planks on the porch. I was like "oh shit". They all left shortly thereafter and I first tried a stem off this fake plant and super glued this pad that normally goes on the bottom of chairs to protect the hardwood. I sat there and glued the non-sticky side of this pad to the bottom of this thing and then used the sticky side where you peel off the film to see if I could get that stuck to the sub under the porch. I kept getting it right up to the underside of the planks but couldn't twist it just right to get it through. I tried getting at it from the underneath side of the porch but they had put up these gate things so the cat couldn't get under there and poop. After a couple hours I gave up and took water and poured it down there because I was afraid the cat would get under there and lick it or something. I never told the doc because I was sure he wouldn't never believe me. Plus it was only one.

Anyhow. I understand completely that these things do happen. You just need proof.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Luckily this has never happened to me. But, I literally have walking nightmares, (daymares?), of this type of thing happening to me. I think other people's comments and advice are pretty spot on. Especially about being honest and all that.

Good luck to ya! I'd hate to be in your shoes. ~cringes~ But hopefully it all works out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:51 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I honestly thought I was the only one who was in such a panic over damage to their suboxone supply. I wont even take them into the bathroom, because of my fear of them getting knocked down the drain, or into the toilet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I keep my pills divided in 3-4 bottles and I never leave my house without at least a week`s supply. My junkie instincts teel me to treat sub as if it was any other opioid stash. I always kept my heroin stash divided in 2-3 places, just in case. By the way, sub is readily available on the street here in NYC, so in case something happens I have little fear because I can buy it within a few hours just like any other dope.