It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Pill to strip
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have a dilemma,

I have been taking 4mg of the AN415 8mg/2mg in the morning and around the same at 6 at night for the last few days. I was given some of the Suboxone 8mg/2mg strips. I am not sure why I decided to try this but I did. I took 1/2 a strip this morning instead of a 1/2 a pill. I got scared about 10min into having the Sub strip in my mouth because I woke up and thought can I switch between them, and spit it out and swished my mouth with water. I am wondering if this is ok to do - switch between pills and strips? If I spit out my 1/2 strip (was dissolved) will I still get the same absorption? Should I not stress and maybe take another 1/4 strip and keep it in my mouth for the required time? Can I switch back to the pill later today or finish the strip so it does not go bad?

Sry, confused

Post subject: Re: Pill to strip
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL at waking up and spitting out the strip and then swishing your mouth with water. Gave me a chuckle :D Not trying to make fun of you as I know you were genually concerned about it.

You have nothing to worry about. I too had Suboxone pills in the beginning, and as I reduced my dose I began to have a quantity saved up. I then began using the film because it was much easier to cut into smaller doses (in my opinion) for me during the taper.

I sometimes switched back and forth between the pills I had around and the film strips and never once noticed any kind of difference between the two. Sub is sub, and buprenorphine is the same in both so why should it really matter? I wouldn't give it another thought.

As far as how much was absorbed before spitting it out depends on the time it was in your mouth before doing so. You said it was about 10 minutes so in my personal opinion that was plenty of time to get the most of the bupe in your system. I wouldn't take another dose right away thinking you didn't get any at that time. I'm quite certain you will be fine until it's time for your next dose!

You can certainly use the rest of that strip and then go right back to the pills if you choose.

Hope this helps and have a great day!

Karen