It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi guys,

I wasn't sure where to put this but induction seemed appropriate considering this might be a question that will come up if you are new.

This recommendation is directed towards those of you who do not have insurance and also those living in the western region of the country.

The pharmacy is FRED MEYER. Large chain store that i'm not sure how far or where they span but know they originated in the northwest. I live in Idaho.

I started at rite aid and for 30 - 8mg tabs it was $174.00.
I tried fred meyer next and for 30 - 8mg tabs it was 125.00.

They provided me with a discount card that brought my total down to $90.00 dollars a month for 30 - 8mgs.

The card information is:

90 for life savings card.
Group# F418983
Member# 142407524
http://fdi.myrxprice.com

This helped me a ton saving me 50%!!!

I don't have insurance so I can't speak for how this will work with insurance. It may be worth a try.

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quick update. I should have mentioned that these prices are for the generic HI-Tech brand named buprenorphine HCI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think that's great Ryan that you came on here and gave that info to those who may be in an area with a Fred Meyer near them. Unfortunately, I've never heard of that chain, I'm in Indiana and we don't have one. I'd like to give a suggestion to people in my area. Kroger pharmacy has the same kind of discount program that they use. Fortunately, I do have insurance now that covers my sub, but I still use Kroger. My sub dr suggested it to me because he said they are always the cheapest and they do have their own discount program for people without insurance.

I used them when I was getting my script for Norcos and did not have health ins. I started out using CVS, and I was paying $110 a month for a script of 240 10mg Norcos. Walgreens actually wanted around $300 when I was calling around for pricing. Once I found out about Krogers discount program, I went there and after the discount card, I paid $48 a month for the same script! Unbelievable how much less one pharmacy will charge compared to another chain or pharmacy 2 blocks away.

I don't know how much the subs are using their discount, but I do know it's signifigantly cheaper to use them because of their discount program. Those with a Kroger in their area, might want to check it out. Another great thing about Kroger, I've never been treated differently or looked at like a piece of shit for picking up my subs there. They've always been super nice and friendly and always have my full sub script in stock. I'd like to think that all their pharmacies conducted their business in the same friendly, efficient manner. May be different in another area, but they've always been great at my store.

I think it's great that we can get on here and maybe help someone looking for a pharmacy that's a little cheaper. Maybe some others have some more suggestions of great pharmacies in their areas as well...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Invis for your reply! I just wanted to point out that the discount card I was referring to above isn't actually related to fred meyer and if you click the link you can actually search drug prices for that card in your area. Good luck everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's a GREAT price!! Cheapest I've ever seen it. The entire time I was on subs the cheapest I ever paid was $5.45 and that was only a couple times. Nice tip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow Ryan! I just pulled up that website to play around and check out my scripts I used to get when I didn't have ins. Unbelievable the differences in prices! CVS and Walgreens is always the highest! I'm glad I finally switched to Kroger, because they are definitely the cheapest around here on everything, including the subs without insurance.

That was really a great link to a discount you provided and I'm sure that'll help some people on here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for sharing Ryan! The discount cards can be a lifesaver for those without insurance, or when the manufacturer coupon doesn't apply! I would recommend trying several different cards to see which has the highest discount. each one has a separate contracted price with their PBM, and oftentimes the pricing differences can be enormous. Here's a couple other sites I'd recommend trying:

http://suboxone-coupons.com (lists several)
http://medsavercard.com
http://myrxsaver.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

IF YOUR IN OREGON...........................

so if your in the great nw,, and in the state of oregon, there's a FREE oregon perscription discount card,
when you have NO INSURANCE,, that's all you need to qualify,, NO insurance,,,

fill out your info, here
http://www.oregon.gov/OHA/pharmacy/OPDP ... npage.aspx

You'll get the card in the mail, within five days,,,

and waaa laaa

for 15 suboxone films,, Cash price is 148 BUCKS

with the oregon card,,, its $109

that's what I pay,,, just about every week.
Ive gotten down to about 12mg a day,,,, 16 still sometimes,,

Im sure trying, cuz the cost is just KILLING ME
they won't let me use the "coupon" cuz I was on the "here to help" program for a year :-(
sucks!! about the coupon!!

anyways, just trying to help, anybody I can
COSTCO is pretty cheap here, but they WONT TAKE my oregon discount card,,,,
so it's cheaper at rite aid WITH the card,,,

good luck to the rest of the self-payers
subutex, doesn't work well for me, Cuz I need more of it, and the price difference is ONLY two bucks, between ONE pill & one film!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/