It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: pharmacy playing God
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm in a bad situation. ive been on suboxone for 10 years, my doctor that had been prescribing for 9 years left and gave me one month to find a new. I did thankfully. this place was terrible! I was a patient for about 8 months and one doc (u see a differentt one each time-smh) said I must have been selling them since my levels were very low. I was in shock. I ALWAYS take my meds. I pay alot for ins and copays of $25 the sub doc once a week plus a therapist which is required and $40 for a two week or month supply. it's my copay regardless since the medication is so expensive. so after they were making me go weekly now I was irritated. I do urines and have not relapsed ever! I was concerned that this new program was bluffing. or something was wrong with me. I saw my primary care doc and bam! pregnant. why didn't the doctor offer that as a possibility. I had never relapsed, I have been at a very respectable very important job for 7 years and isn't this what is supposed to happen when you are treated and are successful. this place made me feel like a failure and I couldn't catch a break. I was using rite aid pharmacy and got sick of their games making me pick my 28 day supply in 3 parts costing me a copay every time. criminals. I switched to cvs pharmacy and they tried the same thing. they were telling me my ins wasn't going to cover it and I could just pay out of pocket, $10 a strip!! i had to call my ins every time I went to pick it up and have them call the pharmacy and then, ok,ok they are covering it. these pharmacies DON'T want to fill these scripts. i did have one pharmacy tech fired for refusing to let me get my meds on a Sunday when I was due two days prior but due to my job couldn't get there until Sunday. she told me I was lying about having a job, that I could come back Monday for it. I wasn't taking no for an answer. my doc wrote it, my insurance will cover it, you HAVE it. I refused to leave until she filled it. and she actually screamed with a room full of other patients that I just want my narcotic. I was furious. she was calling security on me. I left, complained, waited to take a few hours off of work and got my meds. needless to say they refused me from going there again but assured me they fired this woman. they no longer fill suboxone. :-\ why are these people so paranoid!? why be in the business if everyone is up to something. isn't there a code they take? the doctors, the pharmaceutical companies. they are all over Paranoid. but have no issue prescribing the narcotics that got us addicted in the fist place. such a hassle . I'm currently waiting to see a new doctor, had to get extra meds off the street! to carry me until this apt and the only way I got it was bec I am pregnant. the doctor claimed she had no openings until I disclosed that I am pregnant. now, what ever happened to the success of suboxone they DON'T care, they DON'T see it. they all saw $$$ and now they are afraid. I just want to carry on with my life. when will they stop judging me??

Post subject: Re: pharmacy playing God
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:26 pm 

bb76,

Now you know why we have a section for just this topic. I am surprised you've had such a hard time though. Are you in a small town? In the larger cities they don't seem to care about it. I use CVS and they are always nice and polite. Really good people.

The pharmacists are not reading enough about Suboxone and how it helps addicts. If they did you wouldn't be writing this topic.

Have things gotten better for you yet? Is there another pharmacy that won't judge you? I'm sorry you have had to put up with ignorance. All you are doing is trying to help yourself and then you get judged. What a load of cr@#!

I hope your rant made you feel better,

rule

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:24 am 
New Poster
New Poster

hello and thank you for writing. I am so glad to find a place where I can converse about this medicine. i did feel better reading posts here and writing about my issues with the doctors and pharmacists. I have found a pharmacy that treated it as if I was getting my regular meds, cvs but in a larger city. such a great feeling. only issue now is the new doctor knows im pregnant, cut me down from two eight mils and wants me off of it in my first trimester. I have a month to do this. I've been on it so long. scared to death. she says I'm using doctors as drug dealers. I think it's totally absurd. I don't over use, I have post traumatic stress disorder, I've self medicated since I was 13 and I'm 37 now. I can't take the other meds I've been on since I have a baby growing. now they want to take this away. she has me on subutext. she knows something about it but I don't even feel ok on the dose I had before I got pregnant. I take two feels like I took one or less. I wish this doctor could see that I will fail at work and possibly sobriety this way. I feel awful. I am looking once again for a new doctor, one that won't be closed down or look at my success as a means to get high.
very very glad you read my rant. someone really is out there and understands. thank you.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It sounds like you do pretty well when you are on a stable maintenance dose of buprenorphine? If that's the case, remaining on a stable maintenance dose is a reasonable request and it sounds like you are financially able to look for and switch to a prescriber who is a proponent of long-term to indefinite maintenance; you might have to do some traveling once a month but I think it would be worth it.

Especially while pregnant, I would seriously weigh options before getting off or feeling forced off, especially if you have not been able to remain abstinent without the benefit of buprenorphine.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree. With this med, pregnancy is not a reason to jump off even if you're not sure you're ready, it's a reason not to make any rash decisions. Relapsing carries a heavy price as it is but now there are two lives/future lives at stake. I can't tell you what to do and im not even telling you you're not ready or that you can't handle it, only you can know that. But just please try to examine all your options, it might not be easy to find another doctor that will be more liberal about maintenance and willing to empathize with the mother, but they're out there. Good luck, I wish you all the best :)