It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Pharmacy mistake!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just realized that my pharmacy shorted me on my suboxone films and am a little freaked out! My husband and I both take suboxone and I dropped our prescriptions off at our pharmacy a few days ago. A couple hours after I dropped off our prescriptions, I received a voicemail from the pharmacy telling me that they only had enough suboxone film to completely fill one of our prescriptions, but would be able to completely fill both of them by the next day. So I just waited until the following day to pick up both prescriptions since they would both be filled by then. And my husband and I still had leftover medication so there was no real rush anyway.
Anyway, i didn't even look at my new prescription until last night and realized that there were only 8 films in there! I was prescribed 20! My husband was also prescribed 20 and his was accurate. I called the pharmacy first thing this morning and told them what happened but I'm a little worried because of the whole stigma associated with people who are prescribed this medication. They said this shouldn't be a problem but they will have to do an audit and then give me a call back. Still waiting for that call 3 hours later.
I'm wondering if when they first started to fill my prescription they only had 8 sub films left - and then called me to let me know it would be ready the next day. And then when the next day came they forgot to put the remaining 12 in my prescription? I don't know what happened, but what I do know is that this really, really SUCKS for me because, first of all, I paid for 20 films. But I don't want anyone to think i'm scamming them or anything due to the stigma that goes along with people on subs. However, I'm sure that if they count the sub films in the pharmacy they'll notice they have 12 extra, right??? I've never had this happen and have been using the same pharmacy for over a year and I think they know that I wouldn't lie to them. But overall, this is a stressful situation and I hope it is resolved soon because its making me nervous. The bottom line is that I really should have counted my medication at the pharmacy when I picked it up. I'll make sure I do this from now on. Has anyone else ever been in a situation like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We've heard of many stories like this from different people here. Some were successful getting the rest of their meds after the pharmacy did an audit, while some of them unfortunately were not. Just try to be patient and hope for the best. If it doesn't come out in your favor, then take the next step from there. But try not to freak out just yet.

Take things one step at a time. Worrying about things that haven't happened yet just wastes energy and time and doesn't serve any purpose. I'm a real worrier myself and it's taken me awhile, but I've finally learned to stop worrying about things I can't control and especially things that haven't happened yet.

Shutting up now...Sorry for the digression.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the encouragement, Hat. Everything ended up working out fine for me anyway. I didn't hear back from the pharmacy all day so i just stopped in on my way home from work and they gave me the 12 sub. strips I was missing with no additional questions or problems. The pharmacist was actually quite nice and said that when she heard it was me that was missing part of my prescription, she had no worries. Since my husband and I have been going to the same pharmacy for awhile now,our pharmacist has gotten to know us. She said she knew I wouldn't lie to her and that she could tell that I was taking my recovery seriously. She said some other nice things to me and gave me some encouragement... So, yeah, the worry was unnecessary. I'm glad that this happened at a pharmacy I've been going to for awhile because i don't know if i would have been as lucky elsewhere! Lesson learned, though: I'll always count my prescription at the pharmacy from now on.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, I'm so glad it worked out for you. And even better, she gave you some terrific positive feedback. YAY YOU! Keep up the good work. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: good news
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thats great to hear Jen. It's nice that you have built up such a good relationship with your pharmacist. I had to switch recently because My last one refused to fill my suboxone scrip at the same time as my clonodine (???). He said it was a deadly mix, subs and a benzo. I said that he was probably thinking of Klonopin which I used to be prescribed years ago, but he was just being a dick and we got into it ...anyways it's nice to hear that not all Pharmacists loo at us as junkies looking to "come up" whenever and wherever we can. Best of luck to you with your recovery