It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i finally about a year ago switched to a ma and pa pharmacy and love it.

im going to keep this super short.. they say they have to let me go..stay tuned for reason that is NOT MY FAULT they say.. i feel BSed. anyway they are going to fill all my meds now -tomorrow so i dont look like a foll walking pharmacy to pharmacy.i asked them what did i do.as i have never done a thing. i stay in line!

NOW HERE IS WHAT I DONT GET.. is he said .. and this isnt just one med..BUT ALL MY MEDS including generic seroquel,generic subutex,2mg klon tabs,and 2mg klon ODT. i have had them all filled elsewhere already.. but THIS MA AND PA.. to them 5 days was not early but being prepared!

BUT HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ANYONE.
. and where you are good.. did nothing wrong..NOT EVEN ONE EARLY FILL ,NOTHING.. he even said ..as i asked ":WHAT DID I DO" --nothing..its all about money and were gonna lose 60$ each time we fil all your meds...

where i felt BSed is as i asked questions he said they are just not carrying them at all??? HUH.. even the SEROQUEL he said?.. i have never heard of that...

i feel if anything its ONE OF THE DRUGS.. and its a pain in their bbut or something... it was so easy for a year and now back to the drawing board again!!!

HONESTLY I WOULD PAY THE 60$ ...tHEN GO BACK TO THE HELL OF CHAINS!...

SO HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS..and again i mean..them saying all your meds all went up.. and i have coverage ectect...i dont get it.. :?: THANK YOU SO MUCH ANYONE!!!

i have had generic subutex.{Buprenorphine}
http://suboxone.com/patients/here_to_help/copay.aspx BEST DEAL ON WEB THAT I KNOW OF!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I bet they don't want to fill bupe + benzos. There is a lot of info out there about how this combo can cause respiratory depression. Of course that won't happen if one has a tolerence to both meds.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I think I can help with this. In addition to being a RN, I'm a Certified Pharmacy Tech with 6 years experience in in an independent pharmacy as well. So here is what I'm thinking happened:
Pharmacies have contracts with insurance companies, and they have contracted rates and the insurer will only pay that price even as the cost of the meds change. I don't believe it's all of your meds, probably just one.
So anyway as the cost of whichever med increased, the contracted rate with the insurance company didn't
About 3 years ago the cost of oxycodone shot up. But Medicaid didn't increase the price they paid us. So eventually we had to send patients to other pharmacies. It doesn't hurt the big chains because they do so much volume plus they have their own suppliers. But for an independent pharmacy fluctuations in drug costs really hurt.
Hopes this helps give you an understanding as to what happened. Oh and you can't just pay the difference because that's illegal. They have to take only what the insurer is willing to pay per their contract.
-Duke