It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My Dr. Only writes for two weeks at a time. I take 12mg a day. Each and everytime I fill it the pharmacy has to do a prior auth and it takes 24 hours. Because of the way my dr. Appts have been working out the last couple of visits I run out the day after my appt, so I'm without my meds until the pharmacy calls telling me the prior auth has gone through. Historically this will take place about 4pm each time. This isn't too much of a problem as I can easily wait until 4pm to take my dose. Today was different. I hadn't heard from the pharmacy at 4 and when I call the tech (which is actually someone I know and do like) looked it up and said she accidentally forgot to send the auth and it will be another 24 hours. She was truly apologetic but that doesn't make me get my meds any faster! She ended up talking to the pharmacist and they gave me 1 8mg tab to hold me until tomorrow. I took 4mg then and tried to wait to take the other 4mg tomorrow but was feeling the beginnings of withdraws this evening so I took the other 4mg. I'm down 4mg today. So I'm praying that the auth goes through earlier than usual tomorrow! On a side note I made my appt for one day earlier next time to avoid this from happening again! Just wanted to vent/share. Anyone ever have a similar situation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Pharmacy Girl -

I'm sorry you didn't get any responses from this post. It must have slipped through the cracks and got bumped down away from the new posts. That's been happening a bit lately. I'll look into it.

Did you get your appointments re-scheduled so that you're not cutting it so close anymore? I used to be that way with my scripts and it was a real pain in the ass. I guess I'm lucky, my doctor prescribes me more sub than I take so I have a 'backstock' supply built up so the dates I pick up my sub just aren't important anymore. Some docs are like that, but many are not.

Hopefully this won't happen to you again.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I did schedule my next appointment a day earlier. Also I found out my insurance was canceled as of July 1st. I knew it was going to cancel, I just thought it was going to be the end of July. So the upside is I no longer have to wait the 24 hours for approval. The obvious bad side is I'm now cash pay. I've been extremely foutunate that the only $ I have paid is the initial 400 to the doctor back in February. He went ahead and took my insurance after that. The money will be a hardship, that's for sure. But I spent more on oxy/dillies so it's 100% doable and worth it :-)