It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi I am trying to research to see how many other people are experiencing the problem that I had today. I just changed my suboxone doctor and switched to a new doctor closer to home. After I left the doctors office I drove to my pharmacy to fill it and where I have filed all my perscription including from my previous doctor just a month ago and my pharmacy refused to fill it. They told me they were not accepting new patients. What does this mean not accepting new patients? I am an existing patient of Suboxone and they just filled my prescription a month ago so why are they refusing to fill my prescription now? I didn't really think too much about it so I went to other pharmacies and then called around to others neat my home and no one would fill my prescription because they said they were not accepting new patients of Suboxone. So at this time I have called over 20 places today trying to find someone who will fill my prescription and they have all told me they do not accept new patients. So what am I supposed to do? I just paid $375 today for my new patient monthly fee and now I can't even find a place to fill my prescription so I really don't know what I'm going to do?! I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this problem and if they have what did you do or what can I do to try to get my prescription filled? I appreciate any replies as in this point I really don't know what I'm going to do about this and I really don't want to feel like crap around the holidays. I can't believe that there would be some kind of a cap at the pharmacy on filling medications! I really am just dumbfounded by all this and if the problem is that there so many suboxone patients that it's over ran and that's why pharmacies can fill the medicine then why are the Dr still writing this medicine? Why do they not also have some type of a cap?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hmmm, this is VERY strange.

First of all, there is a cap on doctors. As of now, doctors are only allowed to have 100 patients on suboxone in their care. (Dr. J, please correct me if this has changed.)

I haven't heard of pharmacies having a cap. Even if they did, I don't see how they would consider you a new patient if you used them to fill for you just last month. Here's what I would do...first, call your doctor immediately and tell them what you just told us. The fact is that this IS putting you in danger of a relapse, AND preventing you from following the doctors orders as written on your prescription. Next, call the pharmacy and demand to speak to a manager. I would make it very clear that if they don't fill your prescription it would be a complete disreguard of your right to obtain medical treatment. If they refuse to fill, then you relapse, that is on their head. If the manager refuses, demand to speak to the owner. Obviously this should be done with respect, because they are much more likely to help you if you aren't needlessly unkind, but you shouldn't back down either just because they have some silly rule that doesn't seem to fit the situation. What is their definition of a new patient? If they have ANY records of you filling there then you shouldn't be considered new!

I don't get it....

I hope this gets straightened out quickly. I would be willing to bet that a phone call from your doctor would get this straightened out.

Good luck, and keep us posted on the outcome.

Q

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That is the strangest thing I have ever read..I agree with Q of course would be calling that doc the second they open tomorrow is there any more to the story maybe ? Like did the doctor write it strange or something? I certainly have heard of pharmacies not having suboxone in stock sometimes but wow that's insane I really hope that you can get it worked out ...please let us know how it works out I am hella curious..good luck

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:58 am 

I haven't ever heard of this before! I thought that if u went to a pharmacy, any pharmacy for that matter, that they filled ur script as long as everything was legit and cool with the script. Wow this is weird. I suggest exactly what Q said totally...everything she suggested. Ur doctor def needs to know about what these pharmacies are saying. When I first went to my sub Dr for my induction, I signed a paper advising which pharmacy I'd be using and also used the same pharmacy to get my sub to even start the suboxone. So ur Dr should def have some type of solution for u I would hope. That just does not sound fair at all. I know we pay the doctors good money and u shouldn't have to worry about getting ur medicine filled....that should be the last thing u should have to worry about. Things like this really makes it so hard when an addict is trying to do the right thing and get into recovery, why's it gotta be made so difficult. Especially the expensive doctor visit....now pharmacies turning ppl away????? Wow! Def contact ur Dr and that pharmacy and do exactly what Q said, surly u can get a resolution to this problem cause I'm in shock. I really hope u get this straightened out, please let us know.....and good luck!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for all your replies. I wish ther were more to this story but ther simply is not. I am truly concerned I wont be able to fill my med. Not only do i take this med to keep my life stable so does my husband. I could never dream of making something like this up and Def wouldn't have waisted mine or your time if I wasn't truly concerned about what to do. I have my perscription still in hand and nothing is noted on it for any specific instructions. I actually searched the Internet last night. I found simular stories and information stating that the pharmacy has the right to turn away perscription since they have a license to protect. I would gladly give anyone on this forum a local pharmacy number so you can hear the exact same excuse I heard yesterday when trying to fill my medication. I actually had a woman at one of the bigger pharm chains tell me that it was up to the pharmacists to decide to fill my prescription at my usual pharmacy where I filled all my med up to this point. I did also have a few places tell me they simply don't fill perscription from my doctor. It is a new location that opened a couple months ago. Also I had a pharm employee tell me that I may should consider getting a new doctor. That really pissed me off! I can't stand for people to tell me things that they seem to know that are better for me then my doctor or myself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I meant to also say. Before I changes doctors I had heard a couple people having this issue but with different doctors. It took my husband's cousin 10 days to find someone to fill his perscription. I didn't think I would have any issue since I was an existing suboxone patients. I live in Anderson County TN. Feel free to call any pharmacy here and ask them if they can fill your suboxone perscription. I just really want people to know what's is going on around here. I can't make since of it. I don't know if local LE has something to do with this or what? It's like the pharmacy is only allowed to order so much medicine. I asked if they had a waiting list and they told me ther is no waiting list I would have to just keep calling until spots opened up for new patients taking suboxone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:48 am 

From what ive just read in your last post, it seems to me that its possible your new Dr isnt on the "good guy" list.
It happened here also with one Dr who runs a sub clinic.
The pharmacys simply have an issue with this guy/gal..

Just my 2 cents......razor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is possible razor. The office just opened and my hometown which is completely over run with drugs. I personally think a sub doctor is a much better alternative to another pain clinic. some of the pharmacies I spoke to would have filled the medicine and didn't seem to have a problem with that particular doctor it was just that they had no openings for new patients on suboxone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been trying to save money to go for rapid detox but at this rate it's not looking good. My personal struggle with all this is the sweats from withdrawal. I can tolerate the mental stuff a little better then the physical. Anyone had success or have any info on that subject?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:01 pm 

Hey jrhea :) I am very close to ur area. I have always stuck with my pharmacy that my clinic uses, never changed. So I haven't ever had to go through what u are. About a yr ago I called around other pharmacies checking prices though and all the ones I called were able to fill my script. Things could be different now or totally different in ur area. My point was, I don't know how far ur willing to travel but have u tried pharmacies in Lafollette? Also it does sound like some of these pharmacies u have contacted doesn't like ur Dr, so maybe if u could talk to ur Dr he/she could maybe give u a place that they are familiar with. I hate to see this happen, it is so unfair. I really hope things aren't gonna start getting as difficult to fill our medicine as it is getting into seeing a dr. Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jenn this seems to have started this year from my understanding anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:23 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm having this trouble NO PHARMACY will fill they say they can't get them or they have already to many patients and can't take no more....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:31 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Well she is Def rt they r all saying that BS!! I have been able to find the small brand of subutex but I either run out faster or end up relapsing because I'm out.. my pharmacists told me he is starting to give the small ones now because he said he knows for a fact the roxanne ones have a bigger street value. It's not about that it's about changing my medicine and I relapse every month when I have those small ones. I told him those are so much easier to abuse.. they r small if ya know where I'm coming from.... lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I live in West TN and I havent heard of anyone with this problem yet...I have family in the health care industry. I am gonna have to check on this. That could turn into a problem for us all eventually.... feeling worried :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

The same thing is happening to me...

All pharmacies say their not takin new patients. such BS...

Just noticed where your located.. chances are you go to the same sub clinic as i do unless a lot of them just happen to cost 375..