It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: my pharmacist
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been addicted to pain pills for about three years. I just recently found out about suboxone and found a doctor in my area who prescribes itl. I went to my pharmacist and asked him what he thought about it and he said i do not recomend it all you are doing is trading one drug for another, he also said that everyone he has come in contact with that was prescribed it have become addicted to it and abuses it. Should i find a new pharmacist or just prove him wrong? :?:

Post subject: Re: my pharmacist
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

mapp wrote:
Should i find a new pharmacist or just prove him wrong? :?:

obviously that is a very personal decision, but whatever route you decide to take, make sure you come back and post about it! =)

Post subject: To change pharmacy?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You asked the pharmacist his opinion and he gave it. If I were in your shoes, I'd stay with the pharmacy. I dont believe that a great number of people abuse Suboxone. I say this because if you are a patient who is switching from pain pills to Suboxone, like me, your going to want to find an escape route and the medicine works so well that it stops the need and drive for narcotic pain killers. I have been taking Suboxone for over a month. I had been addicted to pain killers for 7 years. My need was a minimum 30 mg a day just 2 months ago. The prior years were full of every other pain killer including the Duragesic patch 200 mcg. I have had some moments of sobriety, but pressure in life led me to find some peace of mind thru a pain pill. I can say that my life now is no longer tied to "how am I going to get thru the day without a few percs?", "Where can I get the $ and what can I pawn?". Those ugly days are just a hair breathe behind me like a roaring lion. Suboxone has tamed that beast with gusto. So show your pharmacist that the world isnt as ugly as he thinks and stick to your medicine. Peace.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some would say ... Most pharmacists become pharmacists because they didn't have what it takes to become doctors. Many of them are bitter towards anything having to do with addiction/recovery because of what they endure on a daily basis. The attitudes of many pharmacists are pre-disposed because people on Suboxone are discriminated against, just like people on Methadone.We are looked down upon as weak, a pain in their sides. You know it makes me sick, it is something that needs to change and if I were you, I would go somewhere else- unless you are comfortable getting your meds there and know you will not be treated like a junkie when you need your medication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your pharmacist sounds like an ignorant douchebag. If I was you I would complain to everyone at that pharmacy that I possibly could. The pharmacy manager, the store manager, the district manager, the corporate office. That pharmacist is not only out of bounds for commenting on other customers, but he is spewing blatant misinformation about a drug that SAVES LIVES. Perhaps he would rather see opiate addicts die of respiratory failure than get treatment for their illness.

What an a-hole.

-Jack Kornfield