It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Personality Changes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Has anyone told you that your personality has changed since you have been on subs? (Like mayby concerned about heath issues or other things that you didn't obsess about prior to sub treatment?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

anxiou- Hi. i was thinking of doing a post, but you all ready said it. yes" my self has changed in a long shot. i wont let go of any thing no matter what' but i use too? i want to tell you all something that is going on as soon as i can' but i'm lost at the moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i got to back that up. some things in family, or friends on soboxone i have found a way to be more of an ass hole ".
esp-' when i think its in the wrong 8)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Funny you say that johnboy. I'm probably a bit more intolerant of others on Sub than I was on methadone, or when I was off opioids. BUT naltrexone had the same effect! Made me a bit cranky? I dunno.

anxiousSN - some people may disagree, but I do believe that ANY drug that's psychoactive does change our personality - anything that alters the mind alters personality. Compared to the other mind-altering drugs I've taken (pretty much everything), Sub doesn't have nearly as much of an influence on personality. I'd even say that anti-depressants create more of a noticeable change in people (that airy-fairy nothing matters vibe) than an already opioid tolerant person taking Sub.

I found that when I was off opioids completely, I felt more of my personality was coming through. Life had a bit more colour and intensity. I felt feelings towards others people stronger. I've also found myself kinda incapable of falling in love while on Sub. You know that intense obsession you get towards another person? That might not be the Sub though. Maybe I just haven't met someone like that while on Sub?

While Sub does create a degree of detachment, compared to other mind-altering drugs, it's marginal.

Post subject: mood
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:56 am 
New Poster
New Poster

actually im more even tempered on suboxone, I dont know why but here i dose every day so i guess that helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tear'. i think i meant to say" i wont put up with anyone. it seams or better of knowing and more alert on bullshit being on subs :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ya mermaid'. i was more even tempered on subs befor the lexapro i guess :o is any one on lexapro/subs and notice a rise in mood . i herd it can make a person go in to a medication manic state. Tear??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

JohnBoy,
I am on Pristiq (it's like lexapro) with my subs. I don't know if I have noticed any difference at all in my personality since starting the sub. I just asked my husband last night if he could see any differences in my behavior since being on the subs for almost two weeks now. He said that the biggest thing is my eyes, says they aren't all glassy and zoned out looking like they were all the time before. I don't seem to get the pinpoint pupils that I have heard others mention. But when I pressed him further, asking if that was the only difference, he said maybe your not quite as moody as you were. I don't know, he may have just been saying that because I was asking for some kind of encouragement that there have been noticeable changes. I know I feel much more able to get through the day without the extreme ups and downs that I had before...worried about being out of pills=fear, anxiety and anger. Getting my pills=very happy, energetic, cool mom/wife mode. Finally I swing back to "Oh shit, did I take all of those 10 I just bought, I was going to save at least 3 for tomorrow...." that=more anxiety, anger and fear. It's nice to not have to go through all of that every day anymore!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnboy wrote:
ya mermaid'. i was more even tempered on subs befor the lexapro i guess :o is any one on lexapro/subs and notice a rise in mood . i herd it can make a person go in to a medication manic state. Tear??

I guess Lexapro is meant to create a rise in mood.

Anti-depressants can induce mania in people who are on the bipolar spectrum. One of the most common ways people are diagnosed with bipolar these days is if they get treated for depression, and the anti-depressants send them manic.

Everyone I know who has been diagnosed bipolar who has gone on anti-depressants has always been on mood-stabilisers as well to prevent them going manic.

Mania / hypomania can be a disaster especially for people in recovery from addiction, because chance of relapse goes sky high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sounds right tear3jerker' qhorsegal' i'm not on pritiq, but might think about it. glad your not having any hard pro-.
i did drop from 20mg to 15 and feel alot better on the lexapro. i won't go off it,couse i was in a slamdunk hell hole
before i started it. i would rather be up going moody and some what crazy :lol: than down in that deep prison like place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have become more lazy, but my friends and family know I am on a taper and almost off. They also agree that Sub is a lifesaver. I am very honest with my family "I am feeling anxious today and my legs hurt" or "I am a bit cranky right now"... this seems to help them understand.

Post subject: Mood
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My husband said he is tired of hearing how I feel! He has had some psych med changes and his personality has changed, hostile and easily aggitated. However, he says that our problems are b/c of me being on sub. He says my personality has changed and I ask question, after question, after question. I may have changed but he doesn't see his changes. He scared me when he was on Wellbutrin, very hostile! Our psych. said his meds are out of balance, but he has transfered my husband's care to his nurse practitioner and will not see him back.

However, has anyone said you talked more or asked more questions or wont let things drop since you have been on subs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

anxiousSN I have never been told that but I have noticed that a bit in myself. I think it's just part of our addictive personalities and I felt those feelings way worse off of any opiates/drugs. I actually feel the sub helps me to let things go better than being off of it. Just a matter of perspective to me.