It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:00 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I just have to throw this question out there. I've dealt with it even at 20mg/day.

Does anyone else experience periodic symptoms of withdrawal that will resolve on its own?

I'm not talking about sweating, which I consider to be a fairly typical side effect. I'm talking about walking down the isle of a grocery store. Suddenly, you start yawning your fool head off. Then, you're rushing to the isle that has the paper products because you don't have a cold, so you don't have a freakin' tissue, but your nose is dripping like a leaky faucet all of a sudden. Next, thing... you've got chills and stomach cramps. For me, the stomach cramps usually resolve first. Sometimes it doesn't progress past the yawning and my nose running. Sometimes, my pupils are dilated. Whatever happens, it resolves itself within 5 - 10 minutes.

I just thought to post this because it just happened. Of course, I'm not on 20mg of Sub anymore. All the same, I took 8mg around 24 hours ago. My physical tolerance has been down around 3mg/day for at least 2 weeks. I don't think that I should be having any symptoms of withdrawal at the moment and at 20mg, I KNOW I shouldn't have been. Besides, the yawning has now stopped, as has my nose.

I've always chalked it up to the way that I metabolize opiates... FAST. But, that doesn't explain how it resolves itself.

Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There are moments where my eyes water like crazy or I have yawning fits but I know I can't be in withdrawal so I just assumed there are other things that can cause this. And yes....it always resolves itself pretty quickly. But I mention it because when it happens I am always like....."geez! You would think I was in WD or something". Only I am not.

This does happen when I have tapered though and even at high doses. But again, it never lasts long. And no, I am not thinking about WD when it starts.

I don't really know what it is.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:29 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Jackcrack wrote:
...."geez! You would think I was in WD or something". Only I am not.

Yep. Mine can even be accompanied by momentary GI distress.

Quote:
This does happen when I have tapered though and even at high doses.

I've read so many things that have said that it won't happen, but every time that I've tapered, I've gone through a few days of very mild withdrawal, even when tapering from high doses. It's different from this periodic thing. I don't have any doubt that I'm in withdrawal when I taper because, a few days after lowering my dose, I'll have a day or two of mild flu-like symptoms. It just like when I was trying so hard to quit cold turkey and would stay clean for a couple of weeks and then would relapse for a couple of weeks, withdraw and stay clean for a couple of days and then use again, only to repeat. (Man, I'm so glad that insanity is over!)

As you mentioned, this periodic thing is not really withdrawal, though one time, even my pupils were dilated.