It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi,

I am new here, just joined a few days ago. I am really am glad I found this site. Some very good information on here. I wish there was a like button for posts you come across that you like. I have come across quite a few. I have been on Suboxone for 8 months now with a break a few weeks ago due to surgery. Couldn’t wait to get back on it. I learned how much I have come to despise the pain pills I was addicted to and couldn’t live without for 8 years. Due to numerous health issues doctors felt opioids were the only solution. But I have nobody to blame but myself. The doctors didn’t force them down my throat. I chose to abuse my medication to the point that I didn’t have a choice but to continue down that road I was on until a doctor informed me of Suboxone. I tried to get off pain pills myself. Weaning, tapering and cold turkey. I can say after being sick as a freaking dog for a week to 2 weeks, I realized that I was just not strong enough mentally and physically to do it without help. Suboxone saved my life. It has taken care of my physical pain so much better than pain pills ever did and my issues with depression and anxiety, (which were bad as well), have improved greatly. If I have to stay on it for the rest of my life to feel human again then so be it. Considering what I have been through physically the past 10 years and mentally for 20 years, that would be a walk in the park. I mean I take quite a few medications for my health issues anyways, what is one more for me.

I have seen so much anger in some of these posts. Criticizing those of us who choose to stay on the Suboxone path. Perhaps you might want to take your anger and turn it into something productive. Maybe go and help those who DO want to stop taking Suboxone and stop bashing those of us who choose to stay on it. I am very lucky, I have awesome insurance, a terrific Dr. who spends quite a bit of time with me at my appointments to make sure I am doing ok, (my previous Dr. was an ass who was just in it for money and on a power trip), and a wonderful husband who has stood by me during this hell hole of a time. I apologize for this being so long. Perhaps too much coffee this morning. I will stop my ramblings for now. Thanks for letting me go on and on and on……

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

This post was deleted because it contradicts our terms of service. I would like to warn the poster that if he posts another comment like this, he will be banned.

Amy Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Damn i missed it!! Thats what i get for going to two NA meetings tonight!!..lol..lets keep it clean and helpful folks...peace...razor...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:02 pm 

I'll recreate it for you.

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, you are high, blah blah blah, no one on sub is productive, blah blah blah."

Just another day and another troll. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Haha wow yeah I wish I'd seen that too. Just wanted to say hi to the OP and congrats, this site is inhabited by many more pro-sub maintenance patients serious about recovery than it is trolls, so keep posting/reading. There's also the new bupe for life section if you wanna check that out, cheers :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Pifff..lol...that good Any!! Ya just gota laugh at them all these days..Uno, 3 years ago i started recovery and found this site. It is the best one. Tbere is one other that i read too. This forum has the most info and if misinformation pops up, it is soon to be fixed.
You all here have good recovery with tbe help of Sub are part of my recovery world..so...everybody keep fighting for your life and recovery any way you can!!!!!!!happy sunday to all!!!!raz...