It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
To be honest, I think - just off the top of my head - that the majority of the people put on suboxone try in some way shape or form to take it inappropriately to get some kind of feeling from it..

Hatmaker, I couldn't agree more! I also agree that it is human nature to push things. I have a 16 month old who already knows how to push things!! Half the time he wins too... but only half....hahahaha

I have to say thank you for sharing that extremely personal bit about how you chose to abuse the subs in the beginning. That takes a courageous person to put that out there and not woryy about being judged. I hope that one day, I have that kind of courage. Also, I think that it took a lot of strength for you to recognize what you were doing so soon and nip it in the bud, so KUDOS!!! to you for that!

Thanks for the input...I love hearing different peoples takes on things...

Johnboy...thank you too for your post, it's nice to see other people sharing on here.

Have a great day all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all! I really enjoyed reading all these informative posts. Especially since I had also been there myself. Back in April I started subs, after only four days on I stopped because I was having bad reactions (anxiety, migraines, shakes,) I just hated them and stopped. Four a week I did great staying away from getting my Vicodins filled again, but after that week, I did. But since they could only be filled once a month I ofcoarse ran out early. Well I still had my subs, so I used them so I wouldn't withdrawal until I got my fill and then went back. I had done this twice. But the last time, which was a month ago, I realize something, I wasn't having those bad reactions due to using a lower dose then what the doc told me to take. I also realized how great I felt on the subs now, I had energy and was doing things instead of being "fuzzy headed". So yes, I'm back in sub land and proud to be. It's a shame it had to take that road to realize my dose was just too high, but I made through that rocky road and feel like a million bucks 😊.

Thanks for these posts and allowing me share, and to see that I was not alone in what I have done. I felt like criminal lol. All you guys n gals on here are wonderful and I wish ya all the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Redvelvet! Thats my favorite kind of cake by the way. LOL Anyway, thanks for sharing your story with us. I am always eager to read other peoples stories.

When you say its a shame that you had to take the road that you did to get to where you are, I know what you mean. I feel like I took the longest road I could possibly take to get to where I am today. But ya know, in a way I am thankful that I did. I learned so much along the way. And if I changed just one thing, my life would be different. And THAT, for me, would be a bigger shame. I love my life now. Is it perfect? NO. But it's my life and I love it. I am successfully raising a 16 month old all on my own (I get zero help). We are very happy. He keeps me happy because I keep him happy.

Because of suboxone I am able to take a step back now too. I ask myself when something comes up "is this even worth getting upset over?" If it doesn't bring me at least a little bit of happiness, I walk away from it. Helping people brings me happiness. Just lending an ear to a friend, brings me happiness.

Congratulations on finding your road to recovery. This is a wonderful forum. I hope that you will stick around and continue to share more of your stories and experiences with us. After all, that's what we are all here for!