It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: paying the piper
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i will use methadone as an example, but im guessing bupe is a muchness. i once read a survey from my country done by a political faction revealing that pharmacuetical companies spend around .20c to produce an 8mg dose of methadone. They sell it to the pharmacy for about .40c, who then sell it to the consumer for $4+. Angry yet! check it-the prescribing doctor gets a $1500 kickback for each patient on maintenance a year from medicare! and $40 from you getting a monthly sript or organising a t/a. in between. no wonder that in Australia it is damn hard to convince a doctor to let you taper. They love us!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:38 pm 
Dude its all about the money, same with sub. Docs get paid big bucks to keep you on it bro. Its the way of the world, and nothing you can do will change it. If you think the price of the meds is the biggest ethical problem with the pharmaceutical companies you havent even scratched the surface bro

Also they get paid a lot more from the sub comanies, then money from selling you meds dude. LOL YOU HAVE NO IDEA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not all doctors get paid any money at all by the pharmaceutical companies. Dr. Junig is a sub doctor and has stated many times that he gets nothing whatsoever from Reckitt-Benckiser. Most sub doctors make their money by choosing to take cash-only payments from their patients, thus taking advantage of addicts needing/wanting to get into recovery. Just sayin'...

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was pointing out a report i read in Australia; and would like to thank 'onnigrapples' for practically summarising everything i said. Sounds like you had an easy taper from a very small habit 'onnigrapples', congratulations on growing a fucking backbone. But lets not forget that maintenance is for legitimate and illicit reasons despite the politics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know some doctors are corrupted, but my doc takes my insurance which pays him squat if they bother to pay him at all. So not all doctors are in it for the money.
The Pharmaceutical companies, now that's a different story...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 am 
crooltats wrote:
I was pointing out a report i read in Australia; and would like to thank 'onnigrapples' for practically summarising everything i said. Sounds like you had an easy taper from a very small habit 'onnigrapples', congratulations on growing a fucking backbone. But lets not forget that maintenance is for legitimate and illicit reasons despite the politics.

My taper was anything but easy, i ended up quitting cold turkey and was sick for like 60 something days and still feel like shit.

But like sub docs always say " you can stop at 2 mg and you will be fine"

YA OKAYYYY BRO lol They also told me i could continue being a high level athlete on suboxone. That called i want you $ and dont care about you at all.