It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:56 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have successfully been on suboxone for almost six months. It took me forever to find a clinic that was accepting patients. I finally got into a place. When I got there they took my insurance info and saw me. After the visit I had to pay out of pocket $150.I did this for 4 weeks then I was switched to monthly appointments as well monthly prescriptions. It was at this point they forced me to pay 220 dollars a month. As well I was put on Zubzolv because they said it was the only medication covered by there insurance. I found this to not be true when a month ago I lost my job. This is when I discovered that there is a generic available while looking online. So at my next visit I asked my doctor if he could please prescribe the generic because I was broke. Reluctantly he did. WHY???? This saved me 70 dollars a month. Why would he care if I got name brand or generic? Yesterday they called me to see if I was coming into the office for my visit today. I informed them that I am still laid off and that I am broke. I asked them to please write me a prescription for this next month and that I would come in and pay the following month. I told them that I would take a urine test if need be. I explained to them that I am fearfully of cold turkey stopping from 16mg a day. The receptionist said she would ask the doctor. I never got a call back.I called again twice and she said that he had not gotten back with her. I'm really afraid. This is no fair I even have private insurance that will gladly pay for the visits and they refuse to bill them. Also a friend of mine in NASCAR uses this clinic. Onetime when she went back to pay and then to see the doctor she admitted to not having any money and they told her not to worry about and just to pay next time... WTF... I have always had clean urine. I have a sponser. I have gone to at least 3 NA meeting a week since my last appointment. Are they really allowed to treat me like this. I am getting so sick I don't know what to do. I am hard working, a father of three,and a husband. Not some young single girl that the doctor wants to sleep with. Unreal. They told me I would get counseling and I got none they told me that I was in good hands and I'm not. I don't know what else to say. A recovery pill mill. How evil.How much more vicious can you be than to prey on people in such a way. Hell has a special place for those people. You know drug dealers are at least honest enough to tell you who they are. If I make it through this I may pursue it in a civil suit. F--k those sh-t bags.Can they do this without a taper dose?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:21 am 

I'm so sorry that you're stuck in this spot! There are way too many unscrupulous doctors out there taking people's money hand over fist!! We hear stories like this too often. The doctor who started this forum gets angry when he hears about doctors who take advantage. If you lived in Denver I'd have a couple of doctors for you to try.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 pm 

Hey Rocko welcome.

Sorry u were treated that way, it's absolutely unfair. I'd hope that most doctors would at least give a patient that's been there for six months a little help if they were having financial troubles one month. Unfortunately some don't and have zero tolerance for it. There's a clinic in my area (not mine) that won't even let u see the Dr if ur even ten dollars short on ur payment. That's the way they operate. And I think if u get kicked out of my clinic, u don't get any extra to taper and I'm not sure if they even give u comfort meds for withdrawal. So they can definitely discharge u with a pat on the back and a see ya later. It's not fair. But my clinic is actually very good about letting u pay later if ur short on money sometimes. I hope that maybe u can find u a better Dr that will accept ur insurance. U deserve the very best!