It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well since we are all out in the open and honest about even the most embarrassing/awkward issues...

At day 31 off my jump from 6 mg, I'm noticing some various PAWS symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, occasional shakes/anxiety - all to be expected and I have been riding them out keeping my eye on the big picture.

But seriously - WTF is up with the fact that my deodorant, which used to do its job just fine, now is not cutting it. I need to reapply every few hours, and even then it's not really addressing the problem. It's only showering that erases the stink.

One would think it's from a lot of extra PAWS sweating but the thing is, I haven't been sweating more than normal.

Has anyone else experienced this? So weird. And annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I only got that "f$$k, my deodorant quit on me an hour ago" for the first 19 days and it was brutal. I did sweat alot and couldn't stand myself. Thank god thats over with!!!! Since then I actually sweat less then when I was on subs. Woo hoo!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lol on the way to the store now to see if "maximum strength" deodorant is a thing or not!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yep. Its called clinical strength and its expensive!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Got it. Degree Clinical Protection. Forked over $7.99 for it. Sheesh, I sure hope it's worth it lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You may have to bathe in it? lol

If it doesn't work, I'm sure you doctor could prescribe you something stronger. Apparently aluminum salts stop sweating, but OTC is limited in how much it can have. Prescriptions are no doubt stronger, if you need one?

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What about feet? Anybody have to burn their socks and buy new ones, while in WDs?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

:shock:
Whoopee!!

Something ELSE to look forward too!

Tell you what man, once I'm off this shit I'm never going near anything stronger that tea in the future.
I'm getting too old...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there stinky folks ! (ha ha ha)

Feel kinda badly chiming in with this, but it may? help "someone" so here goes.

During my taper and jump (12 days ago- whoo hoo!) I have not had one single "detox sweat". This actually worried me for awhile because I was reading other's posts about all this "sweating", and I was worried the drug was not leaving my body because I was not sweating!

Then I read on medhelp.org that "Forced" sweating such as taking a sauna each day can decrease or eliminate detox sweats, and may actually shorten withdrawal period. I had not been going into the sauna, but because I have / had a HUGE fear of depression been doing fairly intensive cardio 2 times daily for about a month prior to my jump. (I have always been a "regular" exerciser; just bumped it up near the end of my taper) During this cardio I always worked up a "normal" good sweat. So, I reason that this is why I have not to this day had a single "detox" sweat. I have gone to the sauna a couple of times now to "force" a sweat and I believe this is also helping me.

Make sure you stay hydrated in any case- Gatorade, G2, Pedialite, etc.

Wishing you "sweet smells" today! :D
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Luckily I am not the "stinky" lady at work anymore. Hahaha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
What about feet? Anybody have to burn their socks and buy new ones, while in WDs?

My feet would be saturated at the end of my shift. Ryka has a sock addiction and loves to steal socks from the hamper to play with. She left my socks alone!!!!!! Hahaha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't have access to a sauna, but I've been working out hard from long before and then thru my taper, and I haven't noticed sweat issues. I got a little sweatier than usual at night during early days after jump, but not so much now (day 11).

-- ji

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Hey there stinky folks ! (ha ha ha)

Feel kinda badly chiming in with this, but it may? help "someone" so here goes.

During my taper and jump (12 days ago- whoo hoo!) I have not had one single "detox sweat". This actually worried me for awhile because I was reading other's posts about all this "sweating", and I was worried the drug was not leaving my body because I was not sweating!

Then I read on medhelp.org that "Forced" sweating such as taking a sauna each day can decrease or eliminate detox sweats, and may actually shorten withdrawal period. I had not been going into the sauna, but because I have / had a HUGE fear of depression been doing fairly intensive cardio 2 times daily for about a month prior to my jump. (I have always been a "regular" exerciser; just bumped it up near the end of my taper) During this cardio I always worked up a "normal" good sweat. So, I reason that this is why I have not to this day had a single "detox" sweat. I have gone to the sauna a couple of times now to "force" a sweat and I believe this is also helping me.

Make sure you stay hydrated in any case- Gatorade, G2, Pedialite, etc.

Wishing you "sweet smells" today! :D
BF

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The clinical protection strength - I bought ladies' Degree brand - seems to be working REALLY well - so far so good today. I'll try to remember to post on how it went by the end of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, I'm happy to report that the $8 I spent on Degree Clinical Strength was, at least for me, a success in eliminating what I have now dubbed "junkie pits." I will proudly hold on to the overhead handhold during my commute home!

Now if only I could so something about this awful Post-Nasal Drip. I /have/ to be driving my coworkers crazy with all the throat clearing/coughing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Newmomsf wrote:
Well, I'm happy to report that the $8 I spent on Degree Clinical Strength was, at least for me, a success in eliminating what I have now dubbed "junkie pits." I will proudly hold on to the overhead handhold during my commute home!

Now if only I could so something about this awful Post-Nasal Drip. I /have/ to be driving my coworkers crazy with all the throat clearing/coughing.

I don't know if you've given Claritin a try. It might or might not work. If not, and you have an easy access doc, something prescription strength might work. I found phenergran to work wonders with a lot of symptoms, dried up my 'leak's (nose, watering eyes), helped with nausea too. Also has a slight sedative effect, if you double up daytime dose before bed, so might help a little with sleep too, perhaps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promethazine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Phenergan knocks me on my ass!! Sure, it turns my stomach off like a light switch, but it also makes me loopy as hell and then puts me to sleep. If you try phenergan, use a small dose first and see how it hits you.