It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm curious to see how many of you here are on the patient assistance program?

Recently, the patient assistance program has changed how it works. Instead of getting the pills through your doctor, we now have a card that we show to the pharmacy which gives us our free suboxone. I knew from the second this happened it was going to be a pain in the ass. I LOVED seeing my doctor and having him give me my script at the end of the visit, it was just so much easier. I understand why they don't do this anymore though. Most doctors don't like dispensing a controlled substance from their office. This card is a hassle for the most part and a good majority of pharmacists look at me clueless when I hand them the card. Not to mention Suboxone is out of stock a lot of the time so I have to go pharmacy hopping. My doctor wasn't even aware of the change of how the program works till I showed him the card. It seems reckitt benckiser didn't communicate with the doctors and pharmacist of this new approach at all.

I had my doctors appointment two days ago. For whatever reason, the card did not work that day so I had to pay for two out the pocket, then the second day the card didn't work either but luckily the pharmacist fixed it for me. I really like this pharmacist and have built up a good rapport with her. She gets me in and out of there quick and keeps my business private unlike so many other pharmacist that broadcast your prescription history to anyone within ear shot.

I'd like to hear if anyone else on the program has experienced any issues like this.

Also, is there anyone on the program who is getting prescribed the Strips/Film? I wanted to this last time but I didn't knot if it was covered and really didn't want to deal with another pharmacy fiasco.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:49 pm 
I am trying to get accepted to this program right now. I fit all the criteria and my doc had an open spot and we have sent in the paperwork and they said 'just check your mail everyday the card should be mailed out". Well its been 2 weeks since then and I havent got the card and when i called in today the secretary said "call back tomorrow the doc had something faxed to him from the company about the assistance" I'm kind of upset because I think its another rejection letter because I already had recieved a rejection once from them because the docs office forgot to send in my income statement which I had already given them a month earlier and I'm concerned there is another problem. I just wanted to ask ya about how long did it take from the time you mailed in your paperwork until you got the card in the mail?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope you hear soon that you were approved for the program! Let us know. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:31 pm 
Thanks I realy hope I will be but I'm just not getting my hopes up just in case. Im getting realy irritated at my doc tho Ive called his office 4 days in a row and its an important issue and his secretary says "call back tomorrow at 9 o clock" Ive done that every single day and she says "he will call you back at noon" never does. All I want from the guy is to switch me to the 8mg tablets so I dont have to pay double the price for the same amount of medication as you have to with the 2's it realy angers me that he didnt write me the 8's to begin with there was no reason for me to have to pay out of pocket twice the cost for the same amount of mgs a month. Im pretty much out of suboxone and if he doesnt ever respond to my calls Im gonna have to withdrawal for 10 days until I see him again all because he cant be courteous enough to return a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you tried asking the pharmacist to give you the same quantity but in 8 mg tabs? I honestly don't know what the regs are on this but I would think that if you are getting the same quantity in milligrams, it should make no difference. I know that I have had times with non controlled substances where the pharmacist would make changes like that either due to being out of stock or cheaper prices. I had one ask if it was okay if he gave me 80 mg tabs rather than 40 mg tabs because the cost would be cheaper. I thought that was sort of part of their job to help out like that. I'd be more certain of this if it was not a controlled substance that was involved - that may prevent him/her from changing it for you - but it certainly never hurts to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:57 pm 
Yea I thought about that too since its the same amount of mgs just different size pills but they said that you have to have it written on the Rx or have the doctor call in and change it for them to do it. Its all taken care of now though my doctor finaly called back today and I explained the situation to him and he had no problem with it and called walgreens and told them so now tomorrow I can go get my meds for 120$ instead of 235$ wooo hooo. Reckitt and benckiser are pretty greedy charging double for the 2mg tablets what a scam, they should cost the exact same price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Suboxowned,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I forgot I made this post. Anyways, when I first started the program there was no card, the doctor just gave you your meds at the end of your appointment. For me, it only took about a month to be accepted. I imagine having to wait for a drug company to send you a card adds on to this time a good deal.