It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am on drug court and have been taking suboxone for a few months now and been passing the stick test UA's, but they sprang a lab test on us the other day and I'm not sure if that will test for bupe or not. My question is, is there anyone out there on the drug court program that has taken suboxone and passed a lab test? Please respond if you have cuz the worrying is driving me crazy!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry no one answered. My best guess is they are testing for more drugs and bupe is probably one of them.

Does your drug court allow suboxone?

Good luck and please let me know what happens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:41 pm 

I hope that sub becomes standard as a drug court tool! In the meantime I hope you pass the test! Let us know what happens!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:07 pm 

My guess is going to be no, they won't add Buprenorphine to the list of illicit drugs, because it isn't.

If you have a legal prescription for Suboxone or any Bupe drug that is meant for addiction treatment then you should be okay. You do obtain it legally, right? Then a simple explanation to the judge that you are on a recovery program should be looked at in a positive light.

Either way, please let us know the results of the test.

rule

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Our local parole (probation? I get them confused) office includes buprenorphine with its panel. They will allow it if involved in treatment and a valid prescription. If not they will violate and initiate revocation. Amphetamine is also included in the panel, same thing, if under treatment with a psychiatrist it will be allowed, if not then...
We don't have a 'drug court' but prosecutors and judges will divert to treatment at their discretion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:48 pm 

docm2 wrote:
Our local parole (probation? I get them confused) office includes buprenorphine with its panel. They will allow it if involved in treatment and a valid prescription. If not they will violate and initiate revocation. Amphetamine is also included in the panel, same thing, if under treatment with a psychiatrist it will be allowed, if not then...
We don't have a 'drug court' but prosecutors and judges will divert to treatment at their discretion.

Have you needed to advocate for any of your clients in court?

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you needed to advocate for any of your clients in court?

Amy

Occasionally my staff or I will get a call from an officer to confirm their appointments and prescriptions. Generally the people on probation/parole have an officer that referred them to us and are supporting recovery efforts. The more difficult advocacy occurs when an old warrant comes up and they are taken to jail in another jurisdiction. Best I have been able to do is pursued the N.P. to at least give them comfort meds.
I suspect the original poster was getting his Suboxone illicitly and hence, his concern. I haven't been taking new patients that are under legal control unless all involved are onboard with Suboxone treatment. Surprisingly, I haven't actually denied anyone care and prevents problems down the line.
PAX