It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Passed My Test!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

IM SO EXCITED!!!

I've been working as a Surgical Asst. with an Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon for over two years now. I love it! It's definitely my calling. I've been studying for a few months to become certified to place IV's for my surgeon.....we mostly do IV sedation in our office. Yesterday was finally my test day.......And, I PASSED!!!!!

Im so EXCITED...and relieved. That test was so hard!.....Pharmacology, Systems of the body, Emergencies....Now its time to start practicing my technique. I've already placed two IV's (on coworkers). I think I might see if my local Blood Center will let me volunteer...so I can get a lil more confidance before I begin placing IV's on our pts. I think Im also gonna take a Phlebotomy course sometime this year......ANOTHER tool in the toolbox!!

Post subject: Congrats.....
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:38 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi marie
Congrats on your passing of the test.. Thats a great idea of getting more qualifications under your belt.. That can only help with job security! Continued success on your Recovery....

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:03 pm 
Congrats Marie! Keep up the good work....get as many certifications as you can. Each and every skill you can obtain will benefit you and add to your resume!
I really liked starting IVs and drawing labs. In my work, I would draw my labs at the time of my IV start to save my patient a 'stick'. At first I felt like I needed another set of hands, but with time.....it became second nature! In fact I became the 'go to' gal for the hard sticks! Nothing like trying to get a line in a lady who is thrashing around in pain!! lol!! But at first I was discouraged because it took a little while for me to get good....others seemed to pick up the skill immediately. So if it takes you a few "misses" to get proficient....that's okay, it's not unusual at all!
Congrats again!