It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi,guys, Its been a long time since ive been here,but I remembered how much this forum has helped in the past,so I decided to check it out again. This is my deal,Ive been on subs for right around 5 years , and yes, its kept me from using heroin for the whole time, but it has finally come to an end. Im currently laid off till mid nov. and have no insurance, so I can no longer afford the $100 / month doc. visit, and the 5-$600 / month for the subs. I took my last dose yesterday, and I am scared shitless! What am I gonna do? I feel like I lost my best friend! Although Im not experiencing any w/d yet, I know they are on the way.On the other hand I have been a slave to this shit for so long,its ruled my life for the past 5 years! I always just figured Id be on it the rest of my life. Ive also become a hermit, no friends, no social life, just me , my subs, and my laptop! I know Im probably rambleing on, but Im just scared to face the world without my subs! Anyone heard of velarian root helping with the anxiety, and restlessness of the w/ds?

Last edited by hrtbt72 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

WOW I never like to hear about people getting off subs if they didn’t want to get off. Especially if it kept you away from heroin for 5 years. I have heard there is some kind of program to help people that can’t afford suboxone treatment and need the treatment. I think it’s limited and has some prerequisites but might be worth your time to check it out.

I wish I could help more but I’m sure others have some good ideas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey substation, thanks! Ive read your thread and really envy you. Im hoping to just get off it all together. By the time I apply for assistance and all that jazz,the worst should be over. I kinda have wanted to jump for a while,as with many others tapering wasnt gonna work for me. I just dont want to have to worry about it anymore. the doctor visits,the money,ect. I dont know,Im just really confused right now!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well that’s a good thing. I guess I read your post more that you didn’t want to get off, as I would easily understand. With that being said I will say our stories are somewhat similar. I had contemplated getting off subs for about 10 of the 20 months I was on them. Problem is I never had a plan. I just woke up one day and stopped taking them. I took a week off work and just sucked it up. What I’m saying is if you’ve wanted to get off them maybe this is a blessing in disguise, I think my situation was.

I wish I could comment on things that will make your wd better, however I didn’t find much to help greatly. I keep hearing Clonidine will help greatly but I just never got around to my doctor for a script. What helped somewhat for me are the obvious. Imodium, vitamins, water, exercise. I would actually have to say exercise was the most effective for me.

If you read my thread (and other peoples) you can get a good idea of what you’re up against. I mean it’s NOT impossible by any stretch of the imagination. It may seem to be that way but that’s just your brain tricking you. As I and other have experienced it seems that day 5 through days 10 are the worst, then it gets better, much much better. I’m exactly 1 month now and I still have some lingering symptoms but NOTHING like I did the first week. Hopefully I didn’t scare you. Please keep us updated, we are here to help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This short little quote from your first post just put my whole 5 years of suboxone treatment into words.

"Ive also become a hermit, no friends, no social life, just me , my subs, and my laptop!" If i didnt have a GF before suboxone i dont know what i would of done with myself.

I was also on suboxone for 5 years at 24 to 32mgs and recently tapered/detoxed off suboxone to start methadone. And to give you a lil hope it really was no were close to as bad as i thought it would be and i am also a pain management situation to boot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First, welcome back. It's good to "see" you again. But I'm sorry for the circumstances that brought you back. Have you checked with your sub doctor to see if s/he has any slots open for the Patient Assistance Program? It's through the manufacturer (Reckitt-Benckiser) and it's for uninsured patients on suboxone. If approved you would get your meds for free for a year. Each doctor is allowed to have three (3) patients on the program.

If you got approved for that, you would have the time to do a proper taper at least...just a thought.

As for withdrawals, they usually start around day 3-4, depending on your dose and the stacking effect. I would suggest trying to get one of your docs to prescribe some clonodine, that will help you out alot. And I know it is easier said than done, but exercising during withdrawals really helps, too. It releases your natural endorphins and that is exactly what you need when you're withdrawing. So if possible, try to get out and at least do some walking. Hot baths help to.

Good luck and keep us posted.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey bro--
I understand the whol anxiety with what you are facing deal--but I found out that I would rather know what I was in for than worry about it--at least I can deal with it that way. one other site that really helped me is by a dude named Brian who went through this a couple years ago. His site is www.suboxonetaper.com and he tells a gritty and very human story of how he got through it, what happened, etc. There are also some posts from others you can follow. Read his articles.

As for now--you have a hill to climb--but you can do it. I did this with a 7 year old boy wanting my attention, a job, two daughters and my wife. I hated going through it--but I hated the meds more/ I jumped at 8mgs. Cold. No tapering cuz it never worked. so off I went. The first couple of days I thought--"Hey I can do this." Then it hit. For me it was enormous fatigue, some anxiety, weeping--there was a commercial that always made me tear up--a granola commercial about a family at a lake! lol Then came the stomach issues. I didnt really start feeling better--and by no means normal--until day 15. It wasnt all downhill--but I felt like a ccorner had been turned.

From that point on things very slowly got better--although there were a few days where i felt horribke again and thought "What the hell?"--But it got better. The sleepless nights were the worst for me--so my doc gave ne Trazadone and it really helped. I am now at 2 and a half months off subs. I feel better thasn I have in a long time. Mentally and emotionally I feel great. Still a few lingering physical effects--but nothing I cant handle. It just takes time for our bodies to get it back together. And remember--everyone is a little different going through this. So maybe your experience will be better? Either way--you can make it.

The point--You CAN do it. You have to be madder at the meds than the thought of caving. I hated it--but I hated the meds worse. That helped me keep going. Also keeping my future goals in mind--and staying connected with sites like this. So hang in there dude. Guys like Substation and others have already plowed out the track for you. JUst keep moving. Dont look back. Every day you endure is one day closer to getting through it.

And in a few days as the going gets tough and your mind tells you to give--do whatever you have to--journal, exercise, cry, take a walk--do aythign but lay around in your crap. Force yourself bro. And believe me--if I can do this I know you can. Let me know if I can help any. PM anytime.

Good luck man--

brian