It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:44 am 

Maybe you and the boyfriend should be physically separated right not and turn off all forms of communication until you are induced. You boyfriend is sabotaging you right now. He is at best a distraction and at worst a barrier to you getting better.

I hope you can put yourself first now.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope we hear from Leflare today. Seems like it's been around 24 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:38 pm 

Yes I hope u are still planning for ur induction. Please keep us updated, we care about what happens :)

Godfrey that story about ur dog was magnificent!! I could literally picture that doggy staring at u as u were eating lol and u peeping to make sure ur wife wasn't looking to see u give him a bite. And ur right, that's exactly what it's like in addition. My brothers dog, a pug and he takes everywhere he can, begs for food way more than the normal dog. This little pug runs around from person to person begging for anything lol. Don't even get me started on thanksgiving dinner! But ur right, that kind of obsessing is what it feels like in addiction.

Laflare please don't give up, u can do this!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:50 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

anyone else thinking the Doc is inducting at too low a dose? Why would the Doc not make her sit and wait in the office for a few hours while the patient finds a dose that works? You know, here's 2mg (wait 45mins) , 2 more, 2 more, ect. Stopped yawning and tearing? ok, off you go.....see you tomorrow for same thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

'anyone else thinking the Doc is inducting at too low a dose?'
Do you mean the 2 mg at a time up to 8mg? I assumed it was due to fear of PWs.
We see both, lower doses graduating up and starting at higher doses 4mg, 8 mg. Not sure if her Dr. does in office inductions, but per her Dr's orders, Laflare's been trying to induct at home.

Laflare, If you didn't induct yesterday or today at home, any chance you can still keep your Dr's appt tomorrow? Go in and say you need help - that you're unable to get it done at home, maybe its better to induct there? See Embanks post above - he brings up good ideas.

I'm certain many of us are concerned for you and hope you can let us know what's going on. Best,P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:28 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Laflare_32
How is it going?
Can you go stay with your dad for awhile?
In my opinion you don't need to wait so long to start your dose. I was never told anything about waiting. I was prescribed 2 8/2 strips a day. I took 1/2 a strip about 13 hours after using.
I never had any withdrawals. at all. ever.
good luck to you. you need to do this to get your life back. then you can help the bf. you need some sober/suboxone) time under your belt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I hope she stops back. I just had a discussion with a nurse who works at the methadone program in town-- where I've been working in the mornings. I'll share some of my experiences going forward, but the nurse, who has never been addicted to opioids, was insisting that a patient must go without using the day before her appointment. I told the nurse, 'that is very hard to do', and she made a comment about how people can do it if they really want it.

I thought for a minutes, then told her no-- I couldn't have done it. Isn't that amazing-- to think that I couldn't make it through a single day?! It is easy to forget just how crazy that was...

For future inducers if not our friend here-- once you are good and sick, take the buprenorphine. I often think about Prince-- how if that doctor's kid had gotten to him just 6 hours earlier, Prince would be alive. Get the bupe in you, and then deal with the sickness by taking more buprenorphine. You will find that PW never lasts long. By the next day, you'll be more than 50% better, and by the 2nd day you'll be fine. If the doc gives you a little clonidine, you'll get through it fine. That deal-- a small bit of PW-- is MUCH less painful than the things you've gone through after missing the start of buprenorphine!